[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Dany was an absolute badass in this episode. I loved the dragons fighting over the meat. I also liked Drogon's reaction Dany being threatened, funny shit. I also really enjoyed Tywin subtlety letting Joffrey know who's boss.I am shocked by some of the reactions on this episode. 2/10's really. If this episode was really that awful I would love to see the other tv shows these people like better. They must be phenomenal.

The grasping at straws in a effort to find evidence for the ludicrous "Dany is mad" theory is quite hilarious.

Anyway, Dany's scene was the saving grace for the episode for me. Great stuff.

Indeed! And is it just me or is this the best Emilia has ever looked on the show? Dam she looked gorgeous in this episode.

A good, if not great episode.

What I loved:

• the wrecked ships in Blackwater Bay. A nice touch.
  • Is that a castle?
  • Hodor? oh how I laughed.
  • pretty much the whole of Danys scene from Barristans facial expression to the design of the dragons. Emilia Clarke was superb.
  • Tulisa naked - (girlfriend enjoyed Robbs arse, so a scene with somthing for everyone)
  • the bear pit
  • the boy and his obsession with that horn
  • Loved some of the cinematography this episode, especially the shot of Tywin looming over Joffery and various shots in Harrenhal
  • Gendry finding out who his father is
  • Jon and Ygrittes relationship felt real
  • Jon's 'You can't win' monologue
  • Rains of Castamere. Shivers.

There was probably more but thats all I can think of now.

The music I thought was especially good this episode. The Reynes of Castamere at the end, and the reprise of "The King's Arrival" in Gendry's scene were awesome.

I loved Brienne saying: "Goodbye Ser Jaime"

Calling him Ser was so telling that het newfounded respect for him has sinked in. Also love the surprise on Jaime's face when she called him that. Probably the most important moment these two had this episode. Them realizing their mutual respect.

Also, the chemistry between Ygritte and Jon is of the planet. I always thought it was gonna be hard to translate the mix of playfullness and colliding agendas that defines their relationship but Kit and Rose nail it every scene. Mostly Rose actually as she plays Ygriite perfect. Everything she says and does is both fiercely independant and schoolgirl-dicovering-the-world-witless. 3 weeks in a row that she delivers the best lines of the episode ("You know nothing Jon Sno... Ooh" "You staring at my butt?" and "You rip my dress and i'll blacken your eye"

But probably my fave part is Tormund humping his bag. Finally we see a glimpse of the Tormund we all know and love.

The exchange of salutations.

Danearys looking soooooooo cool and queenly.

Tywin getting it wrong [for once] and providing false reassurance about the dragons.

Jaime's put down to Qyburn... and how that thought jolted him to act as he did.

Brienne... Just so dignified.

Archived