[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Michelle MacLaren's directing was flawless as usual. It's the little things that add a ton to a scene, like the way Tywin approaching Joffrey was shot or the seamless way the bear pit section flowed, and she nailed it.

I loved the wildlings. They're really making up for the beginning of the season. Ygritte is pretty much the most adorable person in Westeros this side of Shireen, and Tormund~~.

edit: Oh, and as mentioned, Kit's acting was much, much better this ep. Love Ygritte and Juhn Snuh's chemistry now, gotta nominate them for Game of Throne's Cutest Couple Ever.

I thought Kit Harrington did a pretty solid with his material. He hasn't really had much of chance to emote before this point.

Tormund once again showing his humorous side.

Tywin making Joffrey look small and petty.

The conversation between Jaime and Brienne.

-Talisa's butt

-Myranda and Violet's butts, sexism be damned.

-Daenerys' scene was pretty good. Clarke is doing a good job of showing Daenerys' cool, steely-eyed composure.

-Bear pit scene was well done, although I imagined it to be more climactic

-Anton Lesser is suitably creepy as Qyburn

-"Give Lord Tywin my regards"

-Instrumental Rains of Castamere at the end of the episode

-Tywin putting Joffrey in his place. Good god, Charles Dance is magnificent.

-Greater focus on Jon. FINALLY. Kit and Rose's scenes were good enough, although the Orell love triangle is a bit cringeworthy

Oh, did I say Talisa's butt? Who can really blame Robb for breaking his vows over that :drool:

I liked the Robb and Talisa scenes and the Jon and Ygritte scenes

Everything else was pretty boring and just flew by besides a really uncomfortable scene.

Can you not read or did you just ignore the rules that tc set in place because you think you're special. What part of no complaints is hard for you to understand.

I loved the instrumental reprise of Rains of Castamere at the end, and over the credits. Loved it. And the bear was really cool.

And I liked the inclusion of "The Lannisters send our regards". Slightly changed from the books but, still.

And Ygritte thinking that the windmill was a castle was hilarious, as well as Jon finally getting to say something interesting in his speech about the Free Folk not standing a chance against the NW.

The dialogue was wonderful! A great deal of the episode reminded me of Season 1, there were just so many great scenes where people actually talked to each other!

Some of the underused characters got some much needed backstory. Osha's story about the wight was brilliant, I now understand why she jumped the Wall in the first place and why she wouldn't go back. The Wildling culture was expanded upon very nicely too.

Loved it!

Glad to see so much agreement about the improvements in Jon's story this week, especially after how much crap Kit Harrington has gotten for not being a good actor.

Yeah, only his scenes in Iceland were kinda bad. HIs acting was fine in season 1 and at Craster's Keep IMHO.

- I love Locke's song troupe. They stay on key even when they're boozing and watching blood sport! Then, the lush Rains of Castamere.

- Tyrion's "I'm gonna break down sobbing damn you woman" when he spoke about children.

- Margaery acknowledging Tyrion's not hideous. "He's quite good looking!" Margaery knows what she's about. But I still agree with Sansa being freaked out.

- Jaime just being muthafuckin' Jaime. Leaping into the bear pit, not being able to respond to Brienne's "Ser Jaime," strong arming the Bolton guys into returning to Harrenhall, sending his regards...oh, and fumbling with his horse's girth and looking really awkward when mounting.

- Ramsay slapping Theon with the horn.

- Tywin's ominous and terrifying...walking.

- Joffers looking scared about something he actually should be. Muthafuckin' dragons!

- Dany's dragons scaring the fuck out of the Yunkai lord.

- Jon being adorable and a tad aggressive ("So I could tear it off you"). Snow boy is growing up!

- Tormund talking about sex so all the h8ers will shaddup.

- "You and your roads!" Ygritte makes the silliest banter sound so cute.

Archived