[Book Spoilers] Talisa is pregnant?

Has Theon met Talisa? If he was around still when she was then it would kinda be a similar situation if they used fake Arya. I still dont think she could work as fake Arya though.

I dont even know what to think, really. How would the Blackfish get her back to Riverrun when we see her at the Twins in a preview?

Has Theon met Talisa? If he was around still when she was then it would kinda be a similar situation if they used fake Arya. I still dont think she could work as fake Arya though.

I dont even know what to think, really. How would the Blackfish get her back to Riverrun when we see her at the Twins in a preview?

He could pull a Roland Westerling and dive into the river (minus the dying part), dragging Talisa with him.

Even if shes lying about being pregnant or she ends up being apart of the RW then how could Robb write his will. IMO that is still a big mystery in the books and we have no idea where Maege Mormont or Galbert Glover is. Because they did this in the show i dont see how they can include Robbs will

With all the cuts that have to happen to books 4/5, I wouldn't bet the farm that the Blackfish and Jaime still meet. My guess is the Blackfish is filling in for the Greatjon at the RW, I.e, it'll take eight men to capture him and he'll be held captive at the Twins. As for Talisa, I can't decide. She may very well die, but if she escapes I think she goes back to Volantis, where she plays into some other changed confluence book readers can't fathom yet. She's not just from Volantis as a random footnote, they mention it over and over. I had a thought that Dany might go on to take Volantis, the largest slave city, on the show rather than planting her in Meereen for so long.

Blackfish isn't supposed to die

if he dies I would be really pissed

D B Weiss and David Benioff are making too much changes in my opinion

I agree too many changes, but it would be really weird to bother casting the BF if he's just going to die at the RW, so I think he will escape.

An episode written by George, if she lives that's proof she's pregnant in the books, if she dies then her story is done and we'll never hear from her again. I prefer the latter, two more episodes till we find out. Thank you George now I don't have to wait till next book to find out IF there is an heir for Robb.

I wasn't saying he would die, but instead take the Greatjon's RW role. (Greatjon is not dead as far as we know, just still captive in bookverse) That doesn't mean he couldn't escape at some point. If he was at the RW, he definitely wouldn't flee. He'd try to take as many Freys to hell as possible. At the same time, the show is only now establishing him/ building him up. I don't think he'll be killed, just captured by overwhelming force like the Greatjon.

I agree too many changes, but it would be really weird to bother casting the BF if he's just going to die at the RW, so I think he will escape.

He wouldn't flee by himself, though. He would go down fighting...unless he had a chance to rescue Talisa.

I chuckled at this scene. Just knew these boards were going to explode....but Robb's will... but Jon...King in the North. For what its worth I think Jon being King in the North would be completely against his character if any of the Stark children were still alive.

Jeyne explicity denies to catlyn that she is preggers and that eventhough they're trying almost every night ....she can't get pregnant.....in AFFC...when jamie breaks the seige....it's clear her mother was giving her moon tea ....how can she get pregnant then ??It was made clear that Twin and Jeynes mother set the whole thing up to put a quick and bloodless end to the war.....how can Jeyne have been pregnant...Jamie told her she is not to marry for 2 years so there is no doubt she doesn't have Robbs child in her.....it was pretty clear....

who is Twin? People keep saying Twin. Do they mean TYWIN or Frey?

Why are people counting out Jon being named heir? Catelyn told that whole story in the first or second episode regarding how she hated Jon Snow, and owes the gods something regarding him because she wishes he was dead, etc.

People really think that won't ever be referred to again? There was no other reason to bring that up other than to set up something later in the season.

I wouldn't count Tyleesa being pregnant as the end of Jon's chances at the North. He's going to be legitimized before the season is over, and Catelyn is going to get Robb to do it. Mark my words.

Why are people counting out Jon being named heir? Catelyn told that whole story in the first or second episode regarding how she hated Jon Snow, and owes the gods something regarding him because she wishes he was dead, etc.

People really think that won't ever be referred to again? There was no other reason to bring that up other than to set up something later in the season.

I wouldn't count Tyleesa being pregnant as the end of Jon's chances at the North. He's going to be legitimized before the season is over, and Catelyn is going to get Robb to do it. Mark my words.

When in the hell are they going to have time for Robb to write a will and with Talisa pregnant why would they do it?

I don't know what to believe about the spy theory to be honest but I hate the fact that Talisa might be pregnant has taken all the focus away from the fact that Robb, Cat, and the rest of the Northmen are about to be slaughtered. Everyone is so focused on Talisa's fate and the Blackfish's fate (he needs to go back to Riverrun pre-RW for the upcoming storyline of the siege at Riverrun) for the wedding.

Robb and Cat's storylines this season has been terrible. As much as I think GOT kicks butt and I'm so happy with most of the show - I'm heartbroken that D&D have shown so little respect or love to two major characters who are about to die in 2 episodes. Cat rarely has more than one line a scene if she's even in the episode. Talisa interrupts her when she is trying to save Karstark and gives military advice to Robb - then goes on to admit later in the episode she has no idea where Winterfell is. Cat went from his advisor to moping in the background. They haven't even made up about the Jaime bit where they made up in the books as soon as he married Jeyne. They should have been given some more screen time this season. They've spent more time focusing on Pod, Margaery, Loras, Q of T, and Theon - who all survives S3 - than Cat or Robb. It just breaks my heart because when the RW comes - one of the most traumatic things in the book if you ask me, most people won't care because they've turned Robb into a bitter grouchy burnt out king and Cat into a sulky background player.

Robb still thinks Rickon and Bran are still alive. Now he thinks his wife is pregnant. He hasn't even mentioned Arya and I don't know how they'll find out about Sansa/Tyrion in time. Why would he name Jon in his will now? And to me that will is the hope for the Northern Conspirarcy and the Starks returning to power in the north either through Rickon, Sansa, or Jon (I think Bran will remain beyond the Wall and Arya will come back to Westeros later if at all) Them not addressing the will upsets me for the future of the north. Also I hate that Robb has had no interaction with Grey Wind what-so-ever (he's lurked in the background in ONE scene that I know of) and hasn't mentioned Jon once. I don't think Cat will suggest Jon ever being legitmized despite her earlier confession to Talisa about Jon. She is too worried that Jon would take the place of her true-born children and she still has hope for Arya.

I'm not ready for the Red Wedding but they've been slowly butchering Robb and Cat all season so I suppose it'll just be the final cuts. And if they turn it all into Robb attempting to save Talisa and not even caring about his mother or her attempting to save Talisa and Robb instead of focusing everything on saving her son - I'll be furious and heartbroken.

Maybe when they get to the Twins cat will go the maester to inquire about Roslin's hips/fertility and find out about Sansa's wedding to Tyrion. She tells Robb and that whole scene they MADE UP will have its use since she didn't get the "father" to legitimise Jon she'll get the son to do it. My opinion anyways.

What Nothern bannermen? Who is going to accompany him to the RW, there is nobody at RR except Robb, Talisa, Cat, Edmure and the BF. Grey Wind isn't even there, LOL. Are his Northern allies going to reappear who we haven't seen in over a year for the one episode?

What Nothern bannermen? Who is going to accompany him to the RW, there is nobody at RR except Robb, Talisa, Cat, Edmure and the BF. Grey Wind isn't even there, LOL. Are his Northern allies going to reappear who we haven't seen in over a year for the one episode?

LOL, we saw Greywind twice this season, LOL, and the whole northern army was marching toward Riverrun in episode 2, LOL

More mess.

I now can't wait for the slaughter of this slaughtered storyline.

I would have preferred to have a hint that she might be pregnant, but hey, it's George's story and who am I to complain about a horny man's visions coming true on screen!

Someone in the main Talisa-is-a-spy thread responded to that Roose Change video by saying her spyiness has been disproved by the powers that be. Do we know this, and if so, who and how? Talisa has been shady as hell to me from the start, and that video makes a compelling argument. I agree with others that of late, the show is dawdling where it doesn't need to when there is a ton of crucial information to reveal, but still, D&D are not ones to plant so many red flags--from glances, discomfort, hurrying away and *swish* to actual conversations--that she's a Lannister mole without them meaning something.

If she is pregnant (the show timeline gives me the pip, but maybe it's plausible), then she's done her job and created a new little King in the North, right? The Lannisters/Freys/Boltons can slaughter the frak out of the Starks with impunity, as long as they keep Talisa's little investment safe.

That means she's triply safe, potentially:

1) Bringing her to the RW would be an act of unimaginable contempt and stupidity on Robb's part, although at this point I put no such decision past him. Dumbass.

2) Whether she attends or not, Lannisters/Freys/Boltons have good reason to keep her alive, because getting implanted with Starkness was her job.

3) Whether she attends or not, Starks/Tullys/Robb's bannermen have good reason to keep her alive, pretty much for the same reason.

Am I missing something?

Archived