The absolute worst theory you have heard?

Spilly

R+L=J. It's true, what I dislike is the "Jon is the rightful king" bullshit. R+L=J just mean Jon is a Bastard of different parentage than he believe.

actually it means that he is trueborn not a bastard but he isn't the rightful heir. That is Stannis.

Really? :shocked: So many secret Targs and one questionable Targ, the only one known Targ alive is not a real Targ?

It annoys me the worst, tbh. Arrgh!

Im saying, there is aboultly no doubt about who is her father, but people still make stupid posts like this.

R+L=J. It's true, what I dislike is the "Jon is the rightful king" bullshit. R+L=J just mean Jon is a Bastard of different parentage than he believe.

um.. unless R+L got married. Which it's pretty frikkin' obvious they did.

And besides, Jon is the rightful king, of the north.

Im saying, there is aboultly no doubt about who is her father, but people still make stupid posts like this.

I agree, but that theory is laughable. Anyway, I also read a post long ago that Dany and probably Jon/Aegon are twins.

Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime are Targ bastards, Jojen paste theory, Lyanna had twins or triplets and they were Jon, (F)Aegon and Gerold or just Jon and (F)Aegon, Dunk's not a knight, Lyanna and Rhaegar didn't marry and Jon is a Targ bastard, Targs are fire proof, Dany is Jon's Nissa Nissa.

Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime are Targ bastards, Jojen paste theory, Lyanna had twins or triplets and they were Jon, (F)Aegon and Gerold or just Jon and (F)Aegon, Dunk's not a knight, Lyanna and Rhaegar didn't marry and Jon is a Targ bastard, Targs are fire proof, Dany is Jon's Nissa Nissa.

It wasn't a theory it was something that seemed to be suggested by one of the most important passages of the book. Do you think you would be so confident in saying Dany isn't fireproof if GRRM hadn't confirmed it?

It wasn't a theory it was something that seemed to be suggested by one of the most important passages of the book. Do you think you would be so confident in saying Dany isn't fireproof if GRRM hadn't confirmed it?

It may not be a theory but she isn't fire proof, she got burnt in the Fighting Pits in ADWD and Jon got his hand burnt when he saved Mormont from the Wight. Targs can get burnt. The only reason Dany didn't get burned in the pyre was because it was being fueled by blood magic and GRRM has said it was a one time thing.

Jojen paste theory

This one is just creepy more than anything. It takes an especially twisted mind to think of it.

It may not be a theory but she isn't fire proof, she got burnt in the Fighting Pits in ADWD and Jon got his hand burnt when he saved Mormont from the Wight. Targs can get burnt. The only reason Dany didn't get burned in the pyre was because it was being fueled by blood magic and GRRM has said it was a one time thing.

Yeah I know I am just saying it wasn't idiotic or foolish for people to think that Dany was fireproof, because that was obviously how it appeared. It is certainly not the same as most of the ideas in this thread.

-Tyrion, Jaime or Cersei are Targaryens

-Darkstar is Ned's bastard

-Jon is legitimate

-Jon is the song of ice and fire (I lose several IQ points every time I read that one)

-Jon or Tyrion or fAegon or anyone is going to ride dragons for some sort of final battle with the Others

-Anybody is going to warg dragons

-Renly is Roberts son

-Jojen is Howland

-AAR is one individual

-Lemore is Ashara or Lyanna

-Arthur Dayne is still alive and at Greywater Watch

-Darkstar is Rhaegar

-Mance Rhaegar

-Jon has a twin

-Neds mother was a Velaryon or Celtigar (thus meaning all the current generation of Starks have Valyrian blood)

-The Others are misunderstood

Considering that other Targs weren't fire proof yeah.

Arya will kill Missandei and take her place. If that happens, I'm ditching my support of Arya.

Also most of the Jon revival theories, particularly the one where he is revived by Bloodraven/Bran after remaining in Ghost's body for a period of time. It reeks of deus-ex-machina.

As others said, it's very irritating when this is applied to Daenerys as well.

I've never seen anyone arguing that Dany is the most important character who will do everything, which is what Jon stans frequently argue about him.

Anything about Ned still being alive is laughable

This might well be my least favorite theory. It would contribute nothing positive to the narrative, would weaken character arcs and would be downright bizarre.

Daenerys is actually not a Targaryen

This is actually a theory? Wow.

"Jojen Paste"

I have to say, I actually find this one appealing in a perverse way. It's so darkly horrifying that would really throw a moral wrench into the works, as well as standing out as one of the most terribly and memorable moments in the books. This is the case even though Bran is my favorite character.

Also most of the Jon revival theories, particularly the one where he is revived by Bloodraven/Bran after remaining in Ghost's body for a period of time. It reeks of deus-ex-machina.

I'm not so sure. We've seen multiple characters revived to some extent in the series already, one of them being (previously,) a PoV character in Cat, along with Beric, Drogo to a lesser extent, Robert Strong, if he is (mostly,) Gregor as theorized. From the North we have Coldhands who is seemingly implied to be working with/for Bran or Bloodraven. Considering Jon's proximity to Melisandre and his connection to Bran and perhaps Bloodraven by extension, I wouldn't say Jon's revival is too much of a deus-ex machina.

Revival or resurrection has a history throughout the series, and Coldhands might be evidence of that power among the CotF/Bloodraven as well. It would be a further development of things we have seen in the series already, but it wouldn't be some once in a lifetime event ordained from on high with no precedent.

I think GRRM has done a remarkable job of avoiding deus-ex machina, but the closest example I can think of off the top of my head would be Daenerys hatching the dragons. It has been confirmed as a special event that cannot be repeated and there was no prior evidence or suggestion of its possibility until that point. It also acted as a device to keep Dany in the story, otherwise she would have been stuck in the middle of the desert, most likely dying slowly, or imprisoned in Vaes Dothrak for the remainder of the series.

Robert Strong having Robb Starks head/Neds head/Robert Baratheons head/no head

"There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

I think it's very possible Robert Strong really doesn't have a head. Also, where else would the crown find a skull as big as Gregor's to send back to Dorne?

Oh, and Jojen being ground into a paste is the worst theory I've ever heard.

Archived