The absolute worst theory you have heard?

Spilly

I think the "Hodor" is a secret word to control dragons theory is pretty ridiculous.

Actually, I think it is possible that the word "Hodor" will turn out to mean something, but I definitely agree that it is not a word for controlling dragons.

A friend of mine thinks that Daario is a faceless man, and while i'm trying to convince her of the opposite, she tells me that it will be revealed later in the books. Ugh...

Also,the theory about Euron being the Dusky Woman is, in the least, disgusting. I agree that Victarion's decision to accept the Dusky woman despite knowing that "Euron's gifts are poison" will bite him in the ass later on, but NOT in this way....

Anyone besides Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter. The only theories I've heard that I just instantly dismiss as ridiculous. (Including R+L=S)

Can you explain why Ramsay demands that the bastard Lord Commander return his bride and his Reek when they are hundreds of leagues away, with Stannis? Which he would know if he had defeated Stannis as the letter says.

Not that Ramsay is real sharp, but why include nonsensical stuff like that?

Syrio is alive or Jaqen H'ghar

It is very understand-able if you people think Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos is dead. Of course Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos is dead. But the guy who trained Arya, is not dead. He took the face of Syrio Forel (remember the faces at the House of Black and White were faces of dead people). GRRM is simply playing with words. You ask him about Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos. He lets you to understand that Syrio is dead. But of course Syrio is dead, how else would a Faceless Man take his face.

And you forget one thing: The Kingsguard didn't have to kill him. He was, technically unarmed, as a Wooden Practice Sword can't be considered a lethal weapon. Don't you even consider possible that he was simply thrown in jail and there he removed Syrio's face and was revealed as Jaqen? Why has everyone has to die. Can't people simply be imprisoned.

Not if your bosses, the Lannisters, told you to kill every Stark men. Syrio wasn't what you could call cooperative with the guards, and helped Arya run away. It's queer that he didn't pick up any good sword from the fallen guards, but if he had been imprisoned, somebody should have commented it, after all, he was the former first sword in Braavos. And there was non reason for just not kill him.

The worst theories:

R+L=not J;

Olenna and Loras sacrificing themselves to the FM;

Stannis as the real PtwP, AA, or the owner of the real Lightbringer;

Arya becoming a heartless robot that only kills and will kill any or all of her siblings (she will always be a Stark, Nymeria is her back up)

Darkstar being somebody cool rather than his emo self. He is not Rheagar, nor the twin brother of J, nor the real Aegon. It is known.

Can you explain why Ramsay demands that the bastard Lord Commander return his bride and his Reek when they are hundreds of leagues away, with Stannis? Which he would know if he had defeated Stannis as the letter says.

The most common explanation is that Stannis and the Manderleys defeated the Freys, then the Manderleys returned to Winterfell and lied claiming they'd killed Stannis.

As far as Ramsey knows Stannis is dead and Reek and his bride are heading to the Wall.

In reality Stannis is about to storm Winterfell and the Manderleys are going to help.

I'm pretty sure I win the thread with this one:

Robb names Tyrion heir to the Kingdom in the North in his Will.

No offense to the one who came up with it, it might have even been a joke, but it was one of those posts that made go grab a cup of tea and set the forums aside for a few hours.

Because Ramsay never defeated Stannis, he tortured the spearwives and Mance to get the story from them and assumed that Theon and Jeyne were either at or going to the Wall.

It is very understand-able if you people think Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos is dead. Of course Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos is dead. But the guy who trained Arya, is not dead. He took the face of Syrio Forel (remember the faces at the House of Black and White were faces of dead people). GRRM is simply playing with words. You ask him about Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Braavos. He lets you to understand that Syrio is dead. But of course Syrio is dead, how else would a Faceless Man take his face.

And you forget one thing: The Kingsguard didn't have to kill him. He was, technically unarmed, as a Wooden Practice Sword can't be considered a lethal weapon. Don't you even consider possible that he was simply thrown in jail and there he removed Syrio's face and was revealed as Jaqen? Why has everyone has to die. Can't people simply be imprisoned.

There is another thread for discussing this so I'll reply just once. There is no possible way that Jaqen is Syrio and I base this on sword skill in general.Syrio is a master,first sword of Braavos. Jaqen could take his face, imitate the accent,dress up whatever he wants. But there is no way you can convince me that he could duplicate his skill with a sword. There are few people that could take out 5 fully armed Kingsguard with a wooden sword. I very highly doubt this FM was that skilled in a Bravosi style unless he was a master at arms who once trained with the elite in Braavos before becoming a FM. The end. Dude died an honorable death.

Archived