The Best Casting and Worst Casting (in your opinion).

Conor

I'd also add to the worst:

- Qhorin Halfhand: not only he does not look the part of a tough and seasoned raider, he trips during his first action scene, and doesn't look skilled at all during his fight with Jon

- Season 1 Gregor: he certainly looked powerful and menacing, but his scene at the tourney was excessively clownish. Didn't feel threatening at all, especially not the death on armor that he is in the books. (season 2 Gregor didn't really do anything, can't really judge)

Wait what?S1 Gregor was by far the best.The scene at the tourney of the hand was an amazing scene and proved his ferocity/anger/strength.

Wait what?S1 Gregor was by far the best.The scene at the tourney of the hand was an amazing scene and proved his ferocity/anger/strength.

Is that an objective truth? I assume there can be different opinions on that, right? Season 1 Gregor might have had the looks and the ferocity/strenght, but he only had one line and only appeared in two scenes, mostly with his face covered by a helmet and performing a stunt (were any doubles used?). I wouldn't say that qualifies as "the best".

I reckon S3 tMtR will prove to be the best.

He's cast for his fighting tekkers I reckon. So if he does a great job in that fight, and looks suitably petrifying, he'll be a great Mountain.

I think the last two have been ok, but what's more annoying is RE-CASTS!

I know it's difficult to keep actors the same when they're only required to appear in a couple of scenes per season until they become more involved, but the lack of continuity wrecks the character portrayal.

Really hope we don't see anymore re-casting!

He'll have had a good trainer. His bulk was probably also a reason being over 8 stone heavier than the other two.

Recasting is a slight irritation. Hopefully contracts will help limit this.

I think almost everyone here agrees that Harry Lloyd as Viserys and Peter Dinklage as Tyrion were the perfect cast.

I like Natalie Dormer, but I personally don't think she suits Margaery. I'd prefer it if she played Tyene Sand instead.

I thought Theon was also miscast. I don't think Alfie Allen captures the smug playboy who takes little seriously, whom we see in the books. And the writing of his character in Season 2 made him absolutely pathetic which really bothered me, considering Theon is one of my favorite characters.

And I hate TV Shae with a passion. I don't think the actress can act at all, and the writing for her character is so ridiculously cheesy. :ack:

I love Lena but agreed there. Too calm and calculated.

Worst-

Emilia Clarke, no doubt. Bad choice lookswise (Dany has standard otherworldly beauty as fantasy heroines typically do and Emilia (no offense to her) is kinda average looking and pretty modern. Weakest actor as well, too much overacting and doesn't strike me as someone who actually reads the books.

Yara/Asha- I don't remember her name but lookswise that actress doesn't work at all.

Kit- cute boy, but makes Jon too wimpy and emo (well more emo than he is in GoT).

Best- Where to begin?! Sean, Peter, Maise, Jack, Jaime, Isaac, Gwen, Michelle. I've little to complain about here (except of course Peter is much betterlooking than Tyrion, especially that silly nose scratch he gets).

I will say kudos to them for finding a lady who fit most if not all of Brienne's very specific looks AND can act.

They all are overall great, perhaps the best part of the show so far has been its casting.

Best: Jaime, Davos and Arya, these are the ones that most closely resemble the characters in my mind.

Worst: Margaery and Littlefinger. LF more than Margaery really, he became a Bond villian caricature, partly the script to blame, but the actor's mannerisms have a great deal of fault as well.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

I need to find a thread complaining about Jaime's new haircut though...

I love Lena but agreed there. Too calm and calculated.

Worst-

Emilia Clarke, no doubt. Bad choice lookswise (Dany has standard otherworldly beauty as fantasy heroines typically do and Emilia (no offense to her) is kinda average looking and pretty modern. Weakest actor as well, too much overacting and doesn't strike me as someone who actually reads the books.

Neither did Charles Dance.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzpu4H9gGg

I think almost everyone here agrees that Harry Lloyd as Viserys and Peter Dinklage as Tyrion were the perfect cast.

I like Natalie Dormer, but I personally don't think she suits Margaery. I'd prefer it if she played Tyene Sand instead.

I thought Theon was also miscast. I don't think Alfie Allen captures the smug playboy who takes little seriously, whom we see in the books. And the writing of his character in Season 2 made him absolutely pathetic which really bothered me, considering Theon is one of my favorite characters.

I thought Theon was absolutely pathetic and a real annoying prick in A Clash of Kings. The show made him somewhat more sympathetic (the letter to Robb, calling his father on the injustice of his treatment), although still pathetic.

Emilia Clarke says she has read all the books. Kit Harington has read the first four (at least the last time he talked about it, I don't know if he's read ADWD since).

Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey are among those who didn't. Maisie Williams has her parents tell her what happened in the books.

Some actors, like Michelle Fairley and Sophie Turner, read but only their characters' chapters.

I thought Theon was absolutely pathetic and a real annoying prick in A Clash of Kings. The show made him somewhat more sympathetic (the letter to Robb, calling his father on the injustice of his treatment), although still pathetic.

The show made him a lot more pathetic, though. He still keeps on fighting to the end in the series. and even gets knocked out and betrayed by his own people (which was pretty funny, I admit). Even his supposed murder of Bran and Rickon is taken a lot less seriously in the series.

Emilia Clarke, no doubt. Bad choice lookswise (Dany has standard otherworldly beauty as fantasy heroines typically do and Emilia (no offense to her) is kinda average looking and pretty modern.

You must have impossibly high standards.

LF is not so much bad casting as bad acting - which is odd because Aidan Gillen is normally an ok actor

I wish he spoke in his normal voice rather than his "LF pantomime villan from Ireland voice"

but I guess too late to change that now...

Honestly the new Daario is probably the worse the only one comparable is mance.

I still feel bad about Mance. The perfect choice, and D&D's first choice, turned down the role because his agent messed up and did not communicate the commitment accurately. So instead they cast a legendary actor with tons of gravitas. But he's just wrong for the role.

Since the show isn't against recastings, they should seriously consider trying to get Dominic West again.

But Ciarán Hinds isn't the type of actor you just let go of, so I understand if they never approach West.

Archived