[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

Daario in the books has some swagger in his personality, it was just always tough to take him seriously the way he was described. In the world of ice and fire people would grow up knowing Tyroshi dyed their hair blue but in our world its just weird. The way show Daario looks it is a little easier to understand Dany's decisions.

I think there has to be a bit or more for us to disapprove of about Daario. Her relationship with him is a sort of adolescent dream that ignores realities. Her attraction to him must be in some ways incomprehensible. But I do approve of the toned down more conventional look.

I don't remember much of Dany's first meetings with Daario, so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Didn't Dany get The Second Sons drunk before she attacked them in the night? If so, can this or something similar happen in the show before Yunkai is attacked?

Keep in mind, this guy's character. He is like brothers with his co- captains than he slits their throats (the book implies he does it in the middle of the night when they are sleeping) then presents them to Dany as he is some great warror. This guy cannot be trusted. But heh, if he is eye candy for the ladies it gives the show more ratings and that makes it more probable that HBO will keep producing the books into series. Go Daario, Go!!!

lol reading all these comments is kind of sad.

you mean taking away every single physical attributes that clearly distinct daario from anyone else is a good thing? I can understand the blue hair part, but the tooth also? and the beard? idk if its just women automatically accepting him because of the eye candy factor but cmon, dude looks nothing like book daario.

I was also expecting a much larger guy as daario but whatever, atleast the actor is playing his part very well.

just wish they would of atleast kept some sort of book daario to his appearance..

lol reading all these comments is kind of sad.

you mean taking away every single physical attributes that clearly distinct daario from anyone else is a good thing? I can understand the blue hair part, but the tooth also? and the beard? idk if its just women automatically accepting him because of the eye candy factor but cmon, dude looks nothing like book daario.

I was also expecting a much larger guy as daario but whatever, atleast the actor is playing his part very well.

just wish they would of atleast kept some sort of book daario to his appearance..

like I said, book Daario has the appearance of a MARTIAN PIMP and TV Daario looks like he filmed "Magic Mike". HBO put him in for the female viewers because of the flack the are getting for "degrading women". If these people read the books, UGH, atleast not the "lady"

Just a thought. What if the toned down initial appearance of Daario is a calculated attempt to introduce the blue hair later? When you bust out the gate with something ridiculous, the audience is naturally going to squirm. Let them know Daario a little bit, and maybe after a few episodes, seeing him reveal blue locks won't be as jarring because the audience will be accustomed to him.

I don't know. Something tells me that D&D will find a way to introduce the blue hair at some point...whether it's a single scene or a casual mention. Just keep in mind that the blue hair is dyed. Just because it isn't dyed now doesn't mean it can't be dyed later.

It doesn't even need to be "shitshock" blue. I see women walking around with black hair, which has hints of purple. Something like that for Daario could work.

Regardless, I don't mind what they've done with him on the show.

This version is a definite improvement on Book!Daario. Also we must realize that a major problem with Book!Daario is that we're only privy to him through Dany's teenage schoolgirl crushing mind. She is head over heels in lust with him like a tween going after Justin Bieber. The whole point of Daario's character in the books is to illustrate to the audience that Dany, for all her queenly regalia is still a young girl with girlish thoughts and desires.

TV!Dany is much more likeable that Book!Dany as well. She is more "epic" than in the books and is much more mature, although because we're not privy to her inner thoughts we are spared some of her more insipid inner dialogue.

The thing is....Dario is suposed to be flamboyant and arrogant .....maybe some blue hair and some sort of facial hair would have been kewl.....bok Dario was supposed to be ravishingly handsome even with the crazy hair and beard....

Archived