[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

I'll be honest - I'm gonna miss the gold tooth and dyed hair. The guy has the swagger and arrogance to pull of Daario, he's a peacock without the feathers now. I like the casting, I think he is going to own the role, I'm just gonna miss the colors.

The actor's delivery is very stilted. Mind you, I don't like Daario in the books and he ruins Dany's story for me a little, so it's not like I was ever that keen anyway. But the actor seems rather bad, too.

It is just me, or did anyone else get a bit of a flashback to Arya's first conversation with Jaqen H'ghar?

Firstly, Daario told her, "Don't scream, lovely girl."

And then, "I'm Daario Naharis, I always have a choice."

Lovely girl? Hmmmm... and all the talk of choices (Arya: "I didn't have a choice" Jaqen: "You did, I did... and here we are.")I'm seriously wondering whether any of my unsullied friends are coming up with a "Daario is really a Faceless Man" theory.

No, it's not just you - I actually thought this too for a brief moment when he had Missandei by the throat and said that ... he seemed oddly very similar to Jaqen H'ghar.

Love reading all the Daario reactions. Too bad no blue hair, no three-forked beard, and no golden tooth to make fun with, but the show graciously keep those wanton sword hilts of his (a little consolation), so Dany can still say "WTH. I'm freakin' jealous."

Anyhoo, Dany supposed to have the super hots on Daario. Since Daario saw nekkid khalessi, me guess, he got the hots now. He should immerse himself next in that bath tub, it's currently available.

I loved the fact he had naked women on his Arakh and dagger. And the acting was very good. He's already "The Bawss", finally something cool in Daenerys chapters, I've been finding them in lack of characters that thrill me

lol reading all these comments is kind of sad.

you mean taking away every single physical attributes that clearly distinct daario from anyone else is a good thing? I can understand the blue hair part, but the tooth also? and the beard? idk if its just women automatically accepting him because of the eye candy factor but cmon, dude looks nothing like book daario.

I was also expecting a much larger guy as daario but whatever, atleast the actor is playing his part very well.

just wish they would of atleast kept some sort of book daario to his appearance..

You can say that about every character on this show almost.

Ygritte, too good looking, teeth too straight

Dinklage, too handsome, taller than Tyrion

Littlefinger, taller than he appears

All the actors playing the kids are older than their book ages,

Natalie Dormer way to sensual and old to be playing Madge Tyrell

Lena Headey to skinny to play Queen Cersei

Etc, etc, . . ... let it go.

I found Mero much more physically attractive too. Daario looks like a bad romance novel illustration. He's also pretty pervy looking too. His smile is creepy, and it bugged me that he was checking out Dany like a piece of meat.

It wasn't really flirty, and kinda felt gross. Dany's been so strong this season, it was a real bummer to see Daario included. Just a reminder of lame things to come.

I really hope Daario ends up being the Harpy, and Dany charbroils him.

I agree here. At first I thought, yes, this a great improvement on Daario - I can like this guy. But on second thought, that's not really the point of Daario. He's a slime, and the tv casting will render that whole storyline nil. I especially hated the way he was able to sneak into Dany's tent undetected...really?

Opinion of a straight male: show Daario is a colossal improvement over that clown from the books.

I agree with this. He also seems a much better warrior and does not display such wanton cruelty. Dany can fall for show Daario without people questioning her judgement. In fact Show Dany seems like the best hope for Westeros.

Every body take a stress pill and settle down.

D&D have toned down all GRRM's Essos embellishments , which seem to stem from George's sense of humor.

It's gonna be this way from here on out.

My guess is that when Gemma Jackson saw design concepts taken from the books she said "That gonna look silly visually."

Grr... I know that everyone said it will look silly. But, um, in the world today, there are cultures that do and wear certain things that we might consider silly, but that's just their way. It's the same thing for Tormund, they toned him way down because they didn't think all the "Hars!" and member talk would translate well on screen. But all they've done is strip these characters of who they are, what makes them, THEM. If they won't allow the Essonians to have their original wardrobe and antics, then at least have them be ethnic. This is the perfect chance to showcase people of different races on this show, because in the book they were described as ethnic... darker skin, almond shaped eyes, etc.. but so far all the actors in Essos (minus the slaves...) are all white. When Dany sacked Astapor, looking at all the people who came to see the dragon was a total wtf moment for me. They all looked Westerosi.

But I know, I get what you're saying about the wardrobe and hair, but at least cast people from different backgrounds. Come on, D&D.

I found Mero much more physically attractive too. Daario looks like a bad romance novel illustration. He's also pretty pervy looking too. His smile is creepy, and it bugged me that he was checking out Dany like a piece of meat.

It wasn't really flirty, and kinda felt gross. Dany's been so strong this season, it was a real bummer to see Daario included. Just a reminder of lame things to come.

I really hope Daario ends up being the Harpy, and Dany charbroils him.

Ok, um, he's pervy looking, and checked out Dany like a piece of meat (first off, her fault for stepping out that bathtub all naked and wet and glistening!) but you're cool with Mero making blatant jabs at Dany and sniffing Missandei's vag and slapping her ass?

I think Mero and Daario are both perfectly attractive, but since Daario doesn't slap ass and vag sniff, I'm going to have to go along with him!

Grr... I know that everyone said it will look silly. But, um, in the world today, there are cultures that do and wear certain things that we might consider silly, but that's just their way. It's the same thing for Tormund, they toned him way down because they didn't think all the "Hars!" and member talk would translate well on screen. But all they've done is strip these characters of who they are, what makes them, THEM. If they won't allow the Essonians to have their original wardrobe and antics, then at least have them be ethnic. This is the perfect chance to showcase people of different races on this show, because in the book they were described as ethnic... darker skin, almond shaped eyes, etc.. but so far all the actors in Essos (minus the slaves...) are all white. When Dany sacked Astapor, looking at all the people who came to see the dragon was a total wtf moment for me. They all looked Westerosi.

But I know, I get what you're saying about the wardrobe and hair, but at least cast people from different backgrounds. Come on, D&D.

What culture dresses like that? The gold tooth, the forked beard, the dyed hair...its too much, and it doesnt resemble any culture. It's just garish and cartoonish. Also, isnt Daario is white in the books?

I can understand this complaint about a generally beloved and awesome character like Tormund, but...

THIS IS FUCKING DAARIO, the shittiest character in the books! Second only to Darkstar! He's exactly the kind of character who should be changed!

Daario is my all time most hated fictional character in any book or movie so I'll try to look at the show character objectively. Came across as a groaner and eye-roller, but not as heavily as book Daario. I really like Emilia Daenerys, especially this season, and it's hard to picture her crumbling into loathsome Daenerys. We'll see how it plays out.

Archived