[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

Being a straight man, I can't really give an accurate assessment of his looks. It's certainly different from the books, but that's ok with me, though admittedly, the blue hair, yellow beard and gold teeth wouldn't have bothered me either. The only thing that really bothered me about it in the books was trying to understand how Dany could possibly be attracted to him. I can see how she could go for show Daario though.

I honestly think the show could use a bit more flamboyance at times. Maybe they'll add it to some of the Braavosi "peacocks" since Jaquen had the hair thing going last season.

As to the portrayal, Skrein seemed perfect to me. Cocksure, smirky and seemingly utterly falling for Dany immediately; Quite understandable since she's absolutely gorgeous to my eye. He does seem a bit more subtle, which is ok with me. I always thought, like many here, of Jack Sparrow when reading about Daario in the books. Not quite so drunk, but over-the-top behavior. It would have been too comical for GoT.

And while they're absolutely ridiculous, I'm very pleased that they stayed with book in regards to his "ladies" at his hip. Perfect in every way.

By the way, I imagine those who hate book Daario do so for a reason, if you suddenly like him in the show that means the show is doing a poor job.

Imagine they would have portrayed Joffery as a likable character, doesn't sound so great eh?

EXACTLY.

By the way, I imagine those who hate book Daario do so for a reason, if you suddenly like him in the show that means the show is doing a poor job.

Imagine they would have portrayed Joffery as a likable character, doesn't sound so great eh?

Joffrey has always been one of the main villains of the story, and he moves the plot and is entertaining to read/watch. I love to hate Joffrey, he is a great character. Daario, on the other hand, is a poor character, boring and flat. There's absolutely nothing interesting about him. He's ruined a great part of Dany's story since he was introduced. I hate to hate him because he is not interesting at all. His mere existence annoys me. Even Talisa and Ros are more interesting than Daario IMHO.

By far prefer show Daario to book Daario.

Complete disagreement here. Book Daario had swag, tv Daario was awkward, too tall and no facial hair (especially missed the blue). In ASOS, He kills Grazdan and Sallor, but Mero flees during the battle. I hated that Daario beheaded Mero and took the 2nd sons. How will Brown ben Plumm appear or strong belwas. Daario leads Stormcrows, not 2nd sons.

The way he smirks whilst someone is talking, and his overall smug look are exactly how I pictured Daario to act. Just need to see him standing there caressing the hilts of his daggers before I'm totally convinced I despise him as much as book Daario!

So yeah, so far I think he's been a good choice. Glad they didn't do the whole blue beard and gold tooth look, as well.

I think that the casting of Ramsey and Daario has been part of the best decisions we have seen this year. This is in fact a case of where the show has greatly improved a character from the books.

I would add Tywin as well. Charles Dance has been fantastic as Tywin. I think he has been better on the show than he was in the books.

Joffrey has always been one of the main villains of the story, and he moves the plot and is entertaining to read/watch. I love to hate Joffrey, he is a great character. Daario, on the other hand, is a poor character, boring and flat. There's absolutely nothing interesting about him. He's ruined a great part of Dany's story since he was introduced. I hate to hate him because he is not interesting at all. His mere existence annoys me. Even Talisa and Ros are more interesting than Daario IMHO.

1,000 times agree with this. Daario is so obnoxious and his entry into the story marks the decline of Dany's chapters.

My main problem with show Daario (and show Mero) is that neither has an accent befitting a Tyroshi and a Bravosi.

I am a non-native speaker and even I found Mero's accent a bit jarring ... somehow it sounded so typically british dialect/working class. What kind of accent is he speaking, precisely?

My main problem with show Daario (and show Mero) is that neither has an accent befitting a Tyroshi and a Bravosi.

Now, that's the only thing that bothered me. I know, there ary plenty of people who speak other languages with almost no accent. I was not bothered by Missandei's lack of accent, or Illyrio's, since he is supposed to be a very experienced high-level, merchant. But two sellswords? The Titan's Bastard should have really had a Spanish/Italian/Greek accent, just like Syrio.

Archived