[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

Unlike most, I really like book Daario. Aside from the blue hair, I understand why Dany falls for him. So to my surprise, I now find myself actually disliking show Daario. Where as I did not, like most, find Daario to be an arrogant douche bag, show Daario certainly is.

I suppose those who have always viewed him that way are happy, but I am disappointed.

Agreed with the other supporters here. Changing the coloured hair and beard makes little difference. The characters in Essos in the series lack the weird hair colours and wacky hair and beards in the novels anyway. The purpose was only to bring in a character Dany could realistically have a sexual fixation on who comes across exactly like he does in the books. Even the body movements are the same. Of course, they could have made him just as ostentatiously dressed. And he's a good actor who appears to have an understanding of the books.

Also, book Daario actually is an arrogant douchebag; it's just that he has charm.

Daario down, Darkstar to go. Will he be of the night? Will he have ~super special~ two tone hair? Will he fail to kill an adolescent girl after being dubbed the most dangerous man in Dorne?? Only time will tell!

I've never understood how Daario could be so hated with goddamn Darkstar around. Daario's worst crime was looking and dressing absolutely ridiculous, really, and the show's pretty much solved that one. People slam him for giving bad advice/being skeevy and shifty/being cocky and then turn around and love Bronn sooo (just sayin, i love bronn too)

Daario down, Darkstar to go. Will he be of the night? Will he have ~super special~ two tone hair? Will he fail to kill an adolescent girl after being dubbed the most dangerous man in Dorne?? Only time will tell!

I've never understood how Daario could be so hated with goddamn Darkstar around. Daario's worst crime was looking and dressing absolutely ridiculous, really, and the show's pretty much solved that one. People slam him for giving bad advice/being skeevy and shifty/being cocky and then turn around and love Bronn sooo (just sayin, i love bronn too)

I think it's because Darkstar had the good grace to dissapear after one chapter, while Daario just keeps coming back, over, and over.

With regards to Bronn, I think it's because he's actually funny, which Daario isnt.

Well evidently this has divided the fandom down the centre. Here are my thoughts:

I'm absolutely cool with it. This is more realistic and relatable. It shows Dany's crush perfectly. The thing in the books was, we're seeing everything from Dany's POV. We know how she's feeling. That's why it wasn't after I'd read quite a few chapters that Daario started annoying me. You only really look at him much later (at least, I did). Having a guy who looks like BookDaario wouldn't have worked IMO because well.. he's freaking batshit crazy looking. This guy had all the swagger. And I wanted to smack him in the face as much as I want to smack BookDaario. So it has the same effect.

Though he does look like everybody else and like someone said above, isn't "exotic" enough. I wish they were making the people on this continent physically different from the Westerosi, not just putting them in different clothes.

Unlike most, I really like book Daario. Aside from the blue hair, I understand why Dany falls for him. So to my surprise, I now find myself actually disliking show Daario. Where as I did not, like most, find Daario to be an arrogant douche bag, show Daario certainly is.

I suppose those who have always viewed him that way are happy, but I am disappointed.

I like book Daario. What do people expect crazy sellswords to act like??

The hair and beard colour wouldn't matter. As pointed out, Daario was instantly hated by Jorah because he was handsome in spite of the ridiculous affectations of his style. I'd have styled him to suit the novel but the casting is too acccurate for it to any more than a nit.

He's delicious. Ok, ok, and a good actor. I do miss his multi colored hair and my biggest complaint about this season is that the people of Essos (Essonians?) don't look like what they're supposed to. They're not ethnic, they don't have their unique stylings and crazy wardrobes. None of it. They all look like Westerosis in a tokar.

I'm watching it again, and Darrio's on. Later.

A good thing if you ask me. Essos in the book is a ridiculous sounding caricature, and Daario is the worst. Between all the obese whales, guys with blue pubic hair and dresses with one tit out, it was hard to take them seriously when Westeros felt far more believable. Show Essos actually seems like a real place, not a theme park version of Middle East-Asia cliches.

A good thing if you ask me. Essos in the book is a ridiculous sounding caricature, and Daario is the worst. Between all the obese whales, guys with blue pubic hair and dresses with one tit out, it was hard to take them seriously when Westeros felt far more believable. Show Essos actually seems like a real place, not a theme park version of Middle East-Asia cliches.

Agreed. The whole thing with the clanker lords and flamingo soldiers and stuff too.

He's handsome, he even in a weird way is sort of a blonde mirror image of drogo w/the super long hair. Very believable as a love interest.

I would have liked a little longer intro or at least a better use of the scene with the Second Sons so he might have been given a better TV motivation for going over to her side.

Oh sorry, I thought you were reffering to Daario, as this is a Daario thread.

But I dont think there's any culture in our world today that wears anything so garish and cartoony as The three pronged beards and so on. Even penis sheaths are relatively normal compared to that.

So you've never seen a Juggalo? or "'80's" Punk Fan?

Archived