[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

I do agree that the colored tribeard, gold tooth and colored hear would be a bit much but they could have spiced him up a little. I would have gone with just blue hair, that would have set him apart and shown that the world has a (much) bigger variety of cultures than that we have seen so far. I also fear that they won't give him the flamboyant clothes that he is supposed to have.

When I first saw him on screen I hated him. He wasn't what I pictured. He was younger and less bold looking (where's the hair color?). But, the actor did a good job of establishing the intrigue that Dany has with him. So, I think he will make a good Daario. Just give him and everyone else in the show the colors described in the books!

I purposefully changed Daario's appearance in my head every time he was in a scene in the book because I refused to picture someone that looked that stupid. Really glad that they created a new look. He seems to have nailed the Daario persona though, and in the end that's the only thing that matters. Those two at the very least are going to look much better banging than what we got in season 1 with the adventures of Barbarian and Stockholm Girl.

He done well and everything but I'm sad that that Essos is losing its sense of "otherness" in the show. Daario and Mero have Westerosi accents (take your pick from the Reach, Lannisport or King's Landing) when I would have preferred a hint of a foreign tongue. And making them both Cockney geezers... damn; I was half expecting one of them to try and sell Dany a car stereo that they had "acquired".

I never understood the hatred for Daario, we don't get inside Dany's head in the show so we don't have her pining over him all the time, plus, she can have sex with whoever she wants.

Daario could have at least had a blue STREAK in his hair. :crying:

I do agree that the colored tribeard, gold tooth and colored hear would be a bit much but they could have spiced him up a little. I would have gone with just blue hair, that would have set him apart and shown that the world has a (much) bigger variety of cultures than that we have seen so far. I also fear that they won't give him the flamboyant clothes that he is supposed to have.

You reckon?

http://kissed-by-fire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/daario_game_of_thrones_season_three-e1351713178145.jpeg

I don't like this character at all. I fear he will ruin Dany's story for me.

How could Dany accept him so easily after he killed his previous leaders is beyond me.

Because she stood naked in front of him, but Daario only had eyes for the cheeks on her face.

I never understood the hatred for Daario, we don't get inside Dany's head in the show so we don't have her pining over him all the time, plus, she can have sex with whoever she wants.

Daario could have at least had a blue STREAK in his hair. :crying:

I was thinking the same thing about a blue streak in his hair, LOL. I didn't hate Dario in the books, I hated Dany for being irresponsible and obsessed with her boy toy to the point of neglecting ya know those people she randomly decided to test out her governing skills on and her dragon 'children'.

It's actually hilarious to me that he's so excepted due to the fact that he's pretty.... I mean, adding attractive women to the Theon scene was "OMG, Teh Shame!!", but making Daario some pretty boy seems to be a-ok, Haha.

Either way, personally, I didn't mind the actor as I think he portrays the character well.

Because she stood naked in front of him, but Daario only had eyes for the cheeks on her face.

oh, and i wonder why she actually stood naked in front of him. She could have simply sent him away, but no :bang:

I never realized how comic bookish so many of the characters are in Song until the series started and so many characters cut out or changed because of their comic book appearance in the series. Now that it has been pointed out, it actually is making me think many things in the books were much more silly in hindsight.

I never realized how comic bookish so many of the characters are in Song until the series started and so many characters cut out or changed because of their comic book appearance in the series. Now that it has been pointed out, it actually is making me think many things in the books were much more silly in hindsight.

It's not so much that they are comic bookish as they would seem so in the tv series due to lack of exposition. GRRM can have 10 pages full of exposition in the book as to why a Tyroshi dyes their hair, but for the show, you simply can't do this. So, things either have to be spoken aloud or changed. In this case, changing it was likely a much better option than adding in some lines explaining it.

Archived