[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

I didn't like him, It would be nice to have some blue hair or at least a blue beard, he's a Tyroshi, he was supposed to be extravagant and he wasn't supposed to kill the Bastard of the Titan, Mero, Mero was supposed to attempt against Dany's life during the battle to take Yunkai, if I'm not mistaken

What culture dresses like that? The gold tooth, the forked beard, the dyed hair...its too much, and it doesnt resemble any culture. It's just garish and cartoonish. Also, isnt Daario is white in the books?

I can understand this complaint about a generally beloved and awesome character like Tormund, but...

THIS IS FUCKING DAARIO, the shittiest character in the books! Second only to Darkstar! He's exactly the kind of character who should be changed!

Reread. I never said that any culture from today wears anything resembling anything from Essos. I said that it's silly for them to take away their identity because it comes off as silly, while in our world, there are cultures who do and wear stuff we might think comes off as silly.

I also never said that Daario isn't white. Words. Mouth.

I said that being in Essos is the perfect opportunity to include characters of different races because a lot of Essonians are described in an ethnic way. I never said Daario specifically.

but you're cool with Mero making blatant jabs at Dany and sniffing Missandei's vag and slapping her ass?

Being physically attractive doesn't exclude being a jerk who behaves disgustingly. That's why it would have been nice to see him suffer for his arrogance. Any guy who makes that kind of a tongue jab at a woman deserves to have his tongue cut. By her.

Being physically attractive doesn't exclude being a jerk who behaves disgustingly. That's why it would have been nice to see him suffer for his arrogance. Any guy who makes that kind of a tongue jab at a woman deserves to have his tongue cut. By her.

I'm kinda disappointed actually that Drogon did not eat his head.

Reread. I never said that any culture from today wears anything resembling anything from Essos. I said that it's silly for them to take away their identity because it comes off as silly, while in our world, there are cultures who do and wear stuff we might think comes off as silly.

I also never said that Daario isn't white. Words. Mouth.

I said that being in Essos is the perfect opportunity to include characters of different races because a lot of Essonians are described in an ethnic way. I never said Daario specifically.

Oh sorry, I thought you were reffering to Daario, as this is a Daario thread.

But I dont think there's any culture in our world today that wears anything so garish and cartoony as The three pronged beards and so on. Even penis sheaths are relatively normal compared to that.

I don't get the double standard with some people. So for insults you deserve to have your tongue out? Yet at the same time they will call Joffrey a monster for doing the same to the bard. A woman has a right to viciously chop a man up, but a man, who hits a woman is a monster right?

So, the third guy, that dark haired guy, wasn't that the same actor as the one who played Arya's faceless man in the goodbye scene? When Jaqen turns to leave and then turns around with a different face. The three coins from three different places, those were the three places these three guys were from, correct?

I think it's an improvement. I admit, Daario's frankly ridiculous character design prejudiced me against him a little in the books, mostly since I cannot fathom what a smart girl like Dany would see in this guy. In addition to being a self-proclaimed backstabber, he was also looked ridiculous. Blue hair? A three-pronged beard dyed cobalt? A blue-and-gold mustache? What? That the most beautiful woman in the world (in-universe; that's not an exaggeration) would fall for him so hard is a tad bewildering.

Now it's easier to understand. He's hot.

So, the third guy, that dark haired guy, wasn't that the same actor as the one who played Arya's faceless man in the goodbye scene? When Jaqen turns to leave and then turns around with a different face. The three coins from three different places, those were the three places these three guys were from, correct?

No, Jaqen turned into another Caucasian face. The actor you are referring to is Asian.

idk if its just women automatically accepting him because of the eye candy factor but cmon, dude looks nothing like book daario.

I was also expecting a much larger guy as daario but whatever, atleast the actor is playing his part very well.

just wish they would of atleast kept some sort of book daario to his appearance..

He may look nothing like book!Daario, but I think the actor nailed Daario's "swagger" and attitude. He's likable but dangerous, and not entirely trustworthy, and I find myself wanting to trust him, just as I want to trust book!Daario (but don't yet.) Visually and personality-wise, it's easy for me to see why Dany will be attracted to, and wary of, him.

Looks don't always have to be spot-on. For instance, in the books, Syrio is bald. The actor they got to portray him had thick, curly hair, and he was still (IMO) the perfect Syrio.

It is just me, or did anyone else get a bit of a flashback to Arya's first conversation with Jaqen H'ghar?

Firstly, Daario told her, "Don't scream, lovely girl."

And then, "I'm Daario Naharis, I always have a choice."

Lovely girl? Hmmmm... and all the talk of choices (Arya: "I didn't have a choice" Jaqen: "You did, I did... and here we are.")I'm seriously wondering whether any of my unsullied friends are coming up with a "Daario is really a Faceless Man" theory.

You aren't the only one. I watched the episode with two unsullied, and they noticed immediately that he spoke similarly to Jaqen H'ghar, and also with the iron Braavosi coin + Valar Morghulis, they both were like "OMG he's totally a faceless man, isn't he?!" and I was like "No, he's just a douchebag." I know other people in the show have said Valar Morghulis before, but the association with the coin, and "lovely girl" seemed like they were hinting at it, I see where they came to that conclusion. I doubt D&D are doing that, it would be really, really retarded to make Daario a FM, but sticking leeches to Gendry's penis is stupid too, so you never know.

When I started looking back this series with my spanish girlfriend, she started complaining that people here are too much blonde. She calls show Bran blonde too, so i'm not sure up to what point is she right, but it is true. There are two continent of people that are basically WASP built, and book Starks were supposed to be black haired, excluding robb and sansa who took from their mother.

Before you eat me: I understand that the main target (live or die) of this tv show is the USA television public, and that the show has to live with this public meter of judice, prejudice and expectations, which may be different but is equally valuable than my own set of meters of judice, prejudices and expectations.

But this (beautiful) Daario is less exotic than he should have been. He is less different from any northerner OR andal in the series than Sansa is different from herself when changing hairdress from the North to the capitol.

The TV show went with an easy understandable simplification rather than spending money on thousands of extras' hair tint just to explain us that from where Daario comes, no handsome young man, nor any self respecting warrior, presents himself in public WITHOUT a blue hair.

I admit defeat, and understand that the show has limits on visual impact. Lys people were to be Valyrians, they are clearly not in the show: they work as well as they are, and I'll have to live up to this.

I am not surprised. I imagined they would try to present the character as a lot more sympathetic and likable. His appearance is a huge part of why I don't like him. It just makes no sense that a smart lass like Dany would fall shamelessly in love with Jedwoods pervy uncle.

Archived