[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

He acts way calmer than i imagined. Though the man i pictured is probably too ridiculous for TV

I agree. In my head, he would be too comical - really over the top movements, a loud, dramatic voice and with a big grin and leerish look thrown in now and then.

As someone mentioned, with Iain Glen playing Jorah who is quite handsome in the show, introducing a blue haired bearded man with a golden tooth and have Dany falling for him instead of tv Jorah would of been less believeable.

So instead they did away with these costume choices for something less boistrous, alongside the fact that many people would not be able to get over his appearance. Plus the whole Tyroshi hair dying has not been really mentioned to any degree in the show.

If they wanted to do it this way they should have changed his name. All us book readers would know who he was supposed to be, and then its not a big deal if he doesnt have blue hair and a goofy beard.

People on here need to relax, just cuz someone says blue hair is wierd and wouldnt look good on tv doesnt mean they are not open to other cultures, or norms. I think if any of us saw a guy walking down the street with blue hair and a gold tooth we would be like wow whats his deal.

I dont want to be a racist here but HE IS TOO WHITE

Read his description in the books, pls...

Edit : why do people keep assuming Daario is non-white when he is described as paler than Jorah in the books? I think there may be some implicit racism in the assumption that a person who acts or dresses in a certain way must be a non-white character. hmm....

Daario in the books has some swagger in his personality, it was just always tough to take him seriously the way he was described. In the world of ice and fire people would grow up knowing Tyroshi dyed their hair blue but in our world its just weird. The way show Daario looks it is a little easier to understand Dany's decisions.

Maybe book Daario is just into the punk rock scene, there is nothing wrong with blue hair.

Maybe book Daario is just into the punk rock scene, there is nothing wrong with blue hair.

Yeah, besides women have all different types. I have red hair, some girls will not even look at me because of it, others can't get enough of it. Go figure.

I dont want to be a racist here but HE IS TOO WHITE

Daario has blue eyes in the books, usually a trait only found in caucasians. He also had light enough hair to be able to dye it all kinds of colors.

my hair is naturally black, my hair has to be bleached blonde, then dyed to achieve any other color. If I tried to dye my hair blue, my hair would just take on a blue tint but remain black. Not saying GRRM is an expert on hair coloring or anything, but it's just more logical that Daario is has light hair given his ability to change it so easily.

A good thing if you ask me. Essos in the book is a ridiculous sounding caricature, and Daario is the worst. Between all the obese whales, guys with blue pubic hair and dresses with one tit out, it was hard to take them seriously when Westeros felt far more believable. Show Essos actually seems like a real place, not a theme park version of Middle East-Asia cliches.

Just goes to show your ignorance. Do a quick google on cultures around the world and what they find attractive, how they dress and present themselves. You are frowning in European culture that you cannot see anything else. A lot of the cultures of the world do look ridiculous, it's only natural.

This is what made martin's world believable.

Previous shows were successful at making odd dressings acceptable, namely Jack Sparrow, but others as well.

HBO give up without even trying, that's what upsets me the most.

By the way, I imagine those who hate book Daario do so for a reason, if you suddenly like him in the show that means the show is doing a poor job.

Imagine they would have portrayed Joffery as a likable character, doesn't sound so great eh?

*LOL* I'm still waiting for someone with great photo-editing skills and software (better than mine, at least) to retouch a picture of TV!Daario to look like Book!Daario, blue hair and all. Any takers? ServiceOnIce's "combo" isn't quite outrageous enough ... I picture him with BRIGHT blue hair, etc.

I am disapoint I did not hear Jorah say: Khaleeeseee??!@#$!"? (as if to say w t f bitch?) It's one of my favorite lines in the show.

I don't know the book dude, but this dude was a little weird--a love child of Fabio and some dude in Old Spice deodorant commercial. That whole group was little too juvenile.

By the way, I imagine those who hate book Daario do so for a reason, if you suddenly like him in the show that means the show is doing a poor job.

Imagine they would have portrayed Joffery as a likable character, doesn't sound so great eh?

No, it means they toned down a ludicrously absurd minor character so that his lines actually resonate well on TV and people will actually pay attention to him since he doesn't look like a fucking jackass.

Archived