Superior Strength: Dany and her Dragons

lynxx

It's the Trebuchets that kill a dragon right??

Also Aegons dragons on entry were much larger and well behaved(I.e listned to their masters) but Dany doesn't have that advantage.

I'm not sure, but I was incorrect about the dragons re Myrcella & Trystane games. She says he sets up his board the same each time and she moves her dragons through his setup and takes his elephants, which would foreshadow Dany v Aegon, it would seem. With a not surprising outcome.

I have to go out for a while, if no one else looks up the Tyrion cyvasse games I'll read through them tonight when I get back.

On this same line of thinking, I could swear there is a game where the dragon falls to archers.(Doran, I think) Hope I'm not making that up.

Doran doesn't actually play cyvasse. At least not in the story. He does sit with Arianne at a cyvasse table, but they don't play.

I'm late on this, but if Dany can control her dragons and they continue to grow large, then nothing could stop her from taking over. Her forces right now are probably way larger than they would need to be.

It'd be like everyone fighting with swords/bows while Dany has an Apache helicopter. Just total, ultimate, bend-you-over-the-desk domination.

You didn't answer my question. Does a mad person know they're mad?

What have I been saying forever (that you've been equally ignoring forever) — there is a reason that the only first-person perspective we have of Dany is her own.

Plenty of people who suffer from mental illness know there's something wrong.

I'm late on this, but if Dany can control her dragons and they continue to grow large, then nothing could stop her from taking over. Her forces right now are probably way larger than they would need to be.

It'd be like everyone fighting with swords/bows while Dany has an Apache helicopter. Just total, ultimate, bend-you-over-the-desk domination.

The thing is she just can't contorl all three....It's neigh impossible to do so.

and the fact is Dragons have been killed before.

To me it seems more like you all desperately wanting Dany to fail so you can be happy.

Imagine Dany dying in Meereen in the first 100 pages of TWOW, you KNOW that would crippled the whole story. Her dragons are a big part of what makes this story interesting and popular, specially on the show.

But anyway, GRRM has a point to prove with Dany and your moralistic points of view on what she shouldn't burn or your "detailed" math on her army and how evident her failure will be, only shows how much you're repressed the fact that ASOIAF has had drastic turn-arounds.

Plenty of people who suffer from mental illness know there's something wrong.

And plenty of them are in denial, too.

To me it seems more like you all desperately wanting Dany to fail so you can be happy.

Imagine Dany dying in Meereen in the first 100 pages of TWOW, you KNOW that would crippled the whole story. Her dragons are a big part of what makes this story interesting and popular, specially on the show.

But anyway, GRRM has a point to prove with Dany and your moralistic points of view on what she shouldn't burn or your "detailed" math on her army and how evident her failure will be, only shows how much you're repressed the fact that ASOIAF has had drastic turn-arounds.

Drastic turnarounds like a girl with three dragons not actually winning?

I don't think anyone expects her to die 100 pages into WoW and no one has argued as such, so that's a blatant strawman. What we're saying, using our math sorcery, precedent and some basic logic, is that her victory in Westeros is not the clean-cut gimme so many people, for whatever reason, think it will be. As for the show, the show isn't canon and while I do enjoy it, I don't take many show-based book arguments seriously, sorry.

And how many do you burn before your fans wake up to what you really are?

Critics of Daenerys seem to fall into two camps. One, that she's a tyrant in the making. The other, that she's insufficiently ruthless (it seems that's the conclusion she's also reached). For the latter, a Daenerys who burns cities, lays waste territories, and conducts mass executions would be a badass. "War without fire is like beef without mustard."

And plenty of them are in denial, too.

Drastic turnarounds like a girl with three dragons not actually winning?

1.If she does go mad,It'll be from now onwards i.e after/If she returns to Meereen.

2.That might be the best turnaround.

My mistake it's Trystane and Myrcella and its in AFFC I believe.

Yeah, that's dragons eating elephants. I'll look up the Tyrion/ADWD games later and post any pertinent findings if no one else has done so by the time I return.

But she alone can't control all three. And for the umpteenth time, the fact that it looks so easy on paper shows that it will not be.

Critics of Daenerys seem to fall into two camps. One, that she's a tyrant in the making. The other, that she's insufficiently ruthless (it seems that's the conclusion she's also reached). For the latter, a Daenerys who burns cities, lays waste territories, and conducts mass executions would be a badass. "War without fire is like beef without mustard."

Badass, but certainly not heroic. Also, I hate mustard. :P For the record, she seems to not know when to apply force and when to back off, doing one when she should be doing the other. If her response to this is to go hard in one direction, then that's not going to work either.

You didn't answer my question. Does a mad person know they're mad?

What have I been saying forever (that you've been equally ignoring forever) — there is a reason that the only first-person perspective we have of Dany is her own.

Barristan, even in his own mind, where you can't stop thoughts from popping up, never once suspects she's mad. And he would be an authority on the matter after serving under Aerys.

But she alone can't control all three. And for the umpteenth time, the fact that it looks so easy on paper shows that it will not be.

I would like to submit that, while I'm not in the camp of Dany even winning, let alone it being as easy as it looks on paper, it is entirely possible that GRRM would swerve us critics and make it as easy as it looks.

The thing is she just can't contorl all three....It's neigh impossible to do so.

and the fact is Dragons have been killed before.

I agree it is impossible to do so, although for some reason I'm thinking Dany could do it mayyyyybe. Speculation and such. What I meant by my post was "in optimal dragon conditions" sorry I didn't make that clear.

Dragons have conquered Westeros before, too. Rather easily. And no one killed them then.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's possible to find enjoyment even in an villainous character. Obviously we are all fans of reading Dany. We find something interesting there in her arc, even those of us who aren't fans of her actions. I'd certainly feel cheated if Dany just died without any resolution to her story. Don't think anyone has even suggested that we'd be happy if she dies 100 pages into TWOW. Also, agree with Apple. There's no more drastic turn-around than someone with three dragons failing.

Barristan, even in his own mind, where you can't stop thoughts from popping up, never once suspects she's mad. And he would be an authority on the matter after serving under Aerys.

Barristan who's the epitome of a yes man, whose entire fortune is now hitched to her and who wants to believe the best of her. You expect me to think he's objective? Please.

When?

What (or rather who) do you think killed the Targaryen dragons? Did you skim that part of Feast For Crows?

Archived