Candidates to take out LF

unSonofStannis

Definitely NOT SANSA

Why? Because we all expect it but when was the last time somebody was taken out by somebody we expected?

This! It would be very gratifying to have Sansa take out Littlefinger as vengeance for herself and for her family but no one in the story has been allowed to receive this type of gratification so I doubt it will be Sansa despite her closeness to Littlefinger. She may be a contributor to the act as she was with Joffrey's murder but I don't think she will be directly responsible for his demise.

While I personally think it'll be Sansa, another option is Tyrion.

A Lannister pays his debts, after all.

This may be an option given the unexpectedness of it and the "debt" Tyrion owes LF but I believe it will be someone entirely not connected to LF's mischief. Still, having Tyrion do it would be satisfying, in a way.

Janos Slynt in ADWD.

I don't know if this is a good example. Jon does kill Janos at the Wall but only because Tyrion sends him there as a punishment. A Stark may be his end which is great but it was not done for the reason of betraying Ned so again, no vengeance. Just law and order. That happens a lot. The head of the Watch routinely executes men for this reason. Stannis does as well while he is in charge of his army. But no one so far has killed someone else because of personal actions, slight or injury against them in an act of vengeance. Except Lady Stoneheart but that is another story.

Definitely NOT SANSA

Why? Because we all expect it but when was the last time somebody was taken out by somebody we expected?

Precisely. So far, the only characters we wanted to see dead and actually got what they deserved were Twyin and Joffrey. Tywin being killed by Tyrion could have been pressumed but not as a certainty. And no one even remotely expected to see Joffrey being killed by an arrangement between LF and Lady Olenna, let's face it.

Jaime as well, he was "killed" (in a way that his image of cocky, arrogant, 100% Lannister was murdered when they chopped his hand off) by a totally minor and unsuspected character. In other words, he got what he deserved by the least likely character of all.

I don't agree with Janos Slynt's execution either. He wasn't a major character nor he was killed in retribution for his actions in King's Landing.

I'd love to see Sansa or Lady Stoneheart pull the trigger on LF (and it might happen, who knows?), but I honestly don't think it will happen

I think Lady Stoneheart taking him out will be poetic justice, he started the war and fucked up the entire country for her if not to get back at her and her family. I think some suggested sansa but she has almost nothing to do with LF she's pretty much a plan B to cat.

IDK Id be ok with Tyrion killing him or A Alive Sandor simply because both conisder Sansa a prize and they or either would enjoy killing little finger.

But my best guess would be that Sansa emraces her role and orders his beheading as she is Lady of Erie.

Sansa seems the most obvious choice.

But many of the character's deaths have happened not because their rivals killed them, but someone who was ... well, someone who we weren't expecting.

eg: Ned, if he was to die, I'd say it was because of Cersei. But it was Joffrey, simply because he wanted to put on a show.

Robert, you might think Dany or someone would get him, but it was a boar.

Viserys, I expected Robert's hired assassins or Jorah would kill him, but it was Drogo, the person who was supposed to help him.

Renly, maybe killed on the battlefield, not by Melisandre's "child".

Balon, probably at the hands of another king, not due to his own brother (if you believe Euron hired a FM), or certainly not due to a broken bridge.

Robb, I expected his demise would be on the battlefield against Tywin's army. Boom, his own commander betrays him, along with a potential father-in-law.

Catelyn - well, nobody.

Joffrey, I thought it'd be Robb who kills him, or Stannis or at least Sansa. But no, it's his in-laws.

Tywin, I expected one of his numerous enemies. But it's his own son.

Jon, I thought he'd get killed, if at all, by Mance or an Other or some main character. But no, it's Bowen Marsh and his buddies.

Similarly, if Littlefinger does die, I think it will happen unexpectedly.

As much as I'd love for Sansa to shove him out of the Moon Door, I think one of the many Vale loyalist knights might stab him when they find out about how he killed their Lord and Lady .

Or one his many hired men decide to take his money, slit his throat and run away.

Or someone down in KL decides he's too powerful and sends a FM after him.

Or Varys grows tired of his shit, and has a little bird poison him.

Or his plans don't work, he goes crazy and commits suicide.

Or Lady Stoneheart comes back to settle a score with him.

Sansa might beat him at his game, but I think he'll be killed by somebody else all together.

In my mind, I see Littlefinger as a very Jafar (from Aladdin) type character who will eventually talk himself into a deadly corner because he isn't as clever as he thinks he is. I would love to see Sansa or LS do him in but an even better choice would be for SweetRobin's final sickly act to be a command to the Knights of the Vale to snuff LF, at Sansa's request. That would settle the death score for the Arryn family in my eyes.

Archived