Where do whores go?

A Bastard King

I always figured that she'd be so broken by the ordeal that she'd join a religious order like the silent sisters and that when Tyrion is dying after some battle with Dany near the end of the series she'd be the one to nurse him to the afterlife

I don't think so, I actually think it would be better to leave it unresolved. I mean, after all, if he were to find out it would probably not make for a happy ending (as theguyfromtheVale says).

The chances of him randomly running into Tysha again are astronomical. But I suppose not as astronomical as running into Jorah Mormont in one city followed immediately by the dwarf girl who performed at Joffrey's wedding in another city.

Still, I'd rather the question haunt him for the rest of his life. Really, if the girl is at all sane, Tysha is going to hate his gates for raping her even if he finds her, so what does it matter?

I am pretty sure Tywin said that to hurt Tyrion and to also say the word 'whore' second time, as to prove that Tyrion couldn't kill his father.

And I am pretty sure whores go to a brothel....unless there is some kind of a secret whore cult lead by a long lost Targaryen.

I am pretty sure Tywin said that to hurt Tyrion and to also say the word 'whore' second time, as to prove that Tyrion couldn't kill his father.

And I am pretty sure whores go to a brothel....unless there is some kind of a secret whore cult lead by a long lost Targaryen.

As I said before, whores go to Braavos... or at least Tysha did ;)

Well, isnt it kind of a non-point anyway, since we're led to believe that Tysha wasnt even a whore? Not technically, anyways - Jaime's story is that she wasnt, but she was just marrying Tyrion for his money. And if that is the criteria for being a whore then we have a bigger problem with whoring that we originally thought.

Its become his "and Moon Boy, for all I know" line - the emodiment of betrayal by his first love and his family. Poor Lannisters..

As I said before, whores go to Braavos... or at least Tysha did ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think the Sailors wife was Gerions and not Tyrion (you know because Gerion was/is a sailor).

But the Sailor's wife's first husband wasn't necessarily a Sailor... most of her later ones were ;)

IIRC the sailor's wife first husband was a sailor. He left her (to go to Valyria if it's Gerion) and never returned. That's why she insists on marrying all her other bedfellows.

IIRC the sailor's wife first husband was a sailor. He left her (to go to Valyria if it's Gerion) and never returned. That's why she insists on marrying all her other bedfellows.

But Tyrion did leave Tysha; he abandoned her. And he is across the sea from Braavos, so he is "lost at sea" (no matter at that time, Tyrion is on the Stinky Steward anyway...)

Let me ask another way: why include Gerion's long lost love and spend so much backstory on her?

And he is across the sea from Braavos, so he is "lost at sea"

No, that's not "lost at sea". That's "lost beyond the sea" or something, but "lost at sea" has a quite specific meaning which doesn't quite fit. If the Sailor's Wife should be Tyrion's, then she's heavily bending the truth here (which, I concede, is possible - "lost at sea" is one of the easiest cover up stories that explains everything and yet gives nothing away).

But Tyrion did leave Tysha; he abandoned her. And he is across the sea from Braavos, so he is "lost at sea" (no matter at that time, Tyrion is on the Stinky Steward anyway...)

Let me ask another way: why include Gerion's long lost love and spend so much backstory on her?

Actually not, Tyrion did not abandon Tysha. His father sent her away.

I do not think that much backstory is wasted on her, it is just a little thing that adds to the story. I am not really sure she is Gerion's wife, but I think it is likelier than Tysha.

Archived