Born amidst Salt and Smoke. Who is Azor Ahai?

Tyler Linn

Jon was reborn as Azor Ahai when Marsh stabbed him and cried, which supplied the salt, and his smoking wounds supplied the smoke.

And let's not forget that Jon chose his duty to the NW over his love for Ygritte. He indirectly caused her demise when he warned Castle Black of the wildlings, similar to Azor Ahai sacrificing Nissa Nissa to finish Lightbringer.

Also, Ser Patrek's bloody star heraldy is above (bleeding stars.)

While many believe it to be Daenerys, I think that's a bit too obvious for Martin. It seems far more likely that he would have Jon, slightly more indirectly (the signs of AA are more subtle) as AA.

Dany. Dany made a sacrifice (Drogo). Dany is the Unburnt. Dany has something that could be a truly legitimate contender for Lightbringer. Aemon pointed out that the PtwP prophecy was flawed, as dragons don't have a gender. "Prince" was assigned to it just because, but it could as easily been "Princess that was Promised".

GRRM has said Targ's aren't fireproof, that the times Dany has gone in the fire and only lost her hair are something different and special. The red comet appeared (I'm pretty sure) right as Dany was making her decision to kill Drogo and MMD and the stallion and her dragons appeared.

Born amidst salt and smoke?

Salt? The ocean, and storm that raged during her birth, at Dragonstone. Smoke? Dragonstone leaks smoke from its volcanos all the time. Hense the name "Blackwater Bay".

Sorry that it's all disjointed, I'm a bit scatterbrained right now.

While many believe it to be Daenerys, I think that's a bit too obvious for Martin. It seems far more likely that he would have Jon, slightly more indirectly (the signs of AA are more subtle) as AA.

Yeah, I done another post in another thread that Dany is too obvious to be AAR and is the deversion to keep the real AAR hidden, Jon.

the evidence for Jon being AA is pretty weak, salty tears and smoking wounds? GRRM wants use to come to that conclusion, it's a red herring. You've got to hand it to GRRM, he's made it so vague that anyone can make a somewhat credible theory on AA.

Quentyn Martell, the salt comes from the ocean he had to cross, the smoke from the dragon's fire and he "woke dragons from stone" by waking dragons from stone, Rhaegal is very cranky when he doesn't get his 12 hours of sleep, lazy dragon. :P

I think I can make something up for Victarion being AA too.

Another idea is that Jon will be stored in one of the NWs meat storerooms, in particular, the freezing room. There's a room for smoking meat, one for picking (=salting) and one for freezing meat...

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

Dany – Born on Dragonstone (salt) and reborn in Drogo’s funeral pyre (smoke) – This is the most obvious and likely

Other options:

Theon -- Born on the Iron Islands (salt) and reborn as Reek during the burning of Winterfell (smoke)

Davos – Raised to lordship at Storm’s End after bringing a load of onions and salt fish (salt) and rediscovered after believed killed by wildfire (smoke)

Dany – Born on Dragonstone (salt) and reborn in Drogo’s funeral pyre (smoke) – This is the most obvious and likely

Therefore she isn't AA since she is the most obvious candidate.

the evidence for Jon being AA is pretty weak, salty tears and smoking wounds? GRRM wants use to come to that conclusion, it's a red herring. You've got to hand it to GRRM, he's made it so vague that anyone can make a somewhat credible theory on AA.

Quentyn Martell, the salt comes from the ocean he had to cross, the smoke from the dragon's fire and he "woke dragons from stone" by waking dragons from stone, Rhaegal is very cranky when he doesn't get his 12 hours of sleep, lazy dragon. :P

I think I can make something up for Victarion being AA too.

GRRM has said nothing about Jon being AA. In the book Dany and Stannis are singled out as AA. It's the readers who are coming to conclusion that Jon Snow is AA.

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/base/core.php on line 1200

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 835

And let's not forget that Jon chose his duty to the NW over his love for Ygritte. He indirectly caused her demise when he warned Castle Black of the wildlings, similar to Azor Ahai sacrificing Nissa Nissa to finish Lightbringer.

Also, Ser Patrek's bloody star heraldy is above (bleeding stars.)

That part about Ygritte is a great point. Especially when you consider the theory that Lightbringer is actually the Nights Watch, and not a particular sword.

Is it born amidst salt and smoke OR reborn amidst salt and smoke?

It's born again amidst salt and smoke.

That part about Ygritte is a great point. Especially when you consider the theory that Lightbringer is actually the Nights Watch, and not a particular sword.

I done a topic a few months ago where I combined two theories with Jon using both Dawn and NW to stop The Others. Jon could still use the NW as Lightbringer, but he could use wield the original Lightbringer, Dawn; that's also Dragonsteel, to actually fight them one on one.

Jon could still use the NW as Lightbringer, but he could use wield the original Lightbringer, Dawn; that's also Dragonsteel, to actually fight them one on one.

Dawn is supposed to be made from the heart of a fallen star, where do you get that its dragonsteel?

Archived