Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

You misunderstood the context of that convo. We were debating the title, which is the title of a recent comic book storyline, not the villain of choice.

I caught that part, and like you I hope the movie has nothing to do with the crappy crossover event. I can't imagine it does. I was just citing Whedon's excitement regarding using Ultron as the primary baddie.

If Spader is doing Ultron's voice, then that's not going to happen as Spader is playing Pym in the Ant-Man movie.

Michael Douglas is playing Pym, I believe. Paul Rudd is playing Scott Lang.

Damn, my bad. I could've sworn the initial casting showed Spader as being cast as Pym. That's odd.

No worries. When I read your post, I had to go check to confirm my suspicion Spader wasn't Pym. It was a plausible thought. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing?

Ok well I'll lead.

CA2 Spoilers

We saw Strucker, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch. Strucker has the sceptre, and the two supers. And advanced AI's are already in the film universe. I'm not all that keen on Quicksilvers hair, he looks much too much like his character from kickass.

And now SHIELD has been shutdown, that'll make the Avengers more of a standalone group than they were in 1.

Also Strange was mentioned in the film (though he won't show up yet.)

Can't remember if I missed anything I massively wanted to say or not.

Nothing?

Ok well I'll lead.

CA2 Spoilers

We saw Strucker, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch. Strucker has the sceptre, and the two supers. And advanced AI's are already in the film universe. I'm not all that keen on Quicksilvers hair, he looks much too much like his character from kickass.

And now SHIELD has been shutdown, that'll make the Avengers more of a standalone group than they were in 1.

Also Strange was mentioned in the film (though he won't show up yet.)

Can't remember if I missed anything I massively wanted to say or not.

Whatever Quicksilver looked like in TWS, he has been given the silver hair in Avengers, per set pics.

cap2 spoiler

I found the mention of "strange" strange in that he was namechecked as being as dangerous as Stark or Banner yet we haven't seen him and apparently won't see him in Avengers 2. If he's such a heavy hitter, why not? Surely a sorcerer would come in handy on the avengers? I guess they can say he's busy dealing with all the magic threats we have yet to see. Good news is he must be a phase 3 movie.

As for SHIELD - I wouldn't count them out of avengers 2. It sounds like there was still a core group around Fury that can hlep out. The TV show may also have then re-established by the time the film rolls out.

Whatever Quicksilver looked like in TWS, he has been given the silver hair in Avengers, per set pics.

CA2

Maybe he popped off for a quick dye job once he gets free? :P Hair still looks a bit too heavy and curly. But I'm sure when I see the film I won't care.

cap2 spoiler

I found the mention of "strange" strange in that he was namechecked as being as dangerous as Stark or Banner

CA2

Well the algorithm (I really hated that plot devise) works out potential threats so, maybe Strange hasn't had that kick start to his power, or just doesn't care yet.

Isn't Spiderman an Avenger? I wonder why he isn't included in this movie, maybe if they do a number 3 he'll be in there.

Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman, not Marvel. Just like Fox owns the movie rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, which is why there will be two actors portraying Quicksilver in the next 13 months (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being the two characters who can be shared for some reason).

So, no Spidey or Wolvie in an Avengers movie until the studios agree to some sort of character exchange program.

Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman, not Marvel. Just like Fox owns the movie rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, which is why there will be two actors portraying Quicksilver in the next 13 months (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being the two characters who can be shared for some reason).

So, no Spidey or Wolvie in an Avengers movie until the studios agree to some sort of character exchange program.

Okay thanks, but I would love to see Andrew's Spiderman with the Avengers

My sister just finished filming a small scene in London for this movie the other day. She's in performing arts and they needed a bunch of trained dancers for background extras. They had to do an old-fashioned lindyhop style dance in an old dance hall done up 1940s style, and the scene was focused around Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell in 1940s clothes. So presumably some sort of flashback and/or dream sequence for Cap.

My sister just finished filming a small scene in London for this movie the other day. She's in performing arts and they needed a bunch of trained dancers for background extras. They had to do an old-fashioned lindyhop style dance in an old dance hall done up 1940s style, and the scene was focused around Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell in 1940s clothes. So presumably some sort of flashback and/or dream sequence for Cap.

Grand. Was Evans there?

He was. My sister got to speak to him briefly. Apparently he's a nice bloke.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing it, LG.

Or they could just forget Bendis ever did anything with the Avengers...ever...

Archived