Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

I didn't really like how it was cut. Felt a little bit awkward in that respect. But a cool couple of extra shots nonetheless.

It's kinda annoying how it's the basically the same trailer each time with a couple seconds added on.

I like how movie trailers are advertisements, but they've become a spectacle of their own, with millions of views on Youtube. When did that start happening? I remember it wasn't always a thing, but I don't remember it becoming a thing either.

I don't know, i remember going to the movies as a kid and enjoying the previews a hell of a lot. Shit, sometimes the previews were better than the actual movie. I think the youtube hits are just an extension of that. Also, the internet has intensified marketing exponentially. Way easier to hype stuff up these days than it was, say, 15 years ago.

I like how movie trailers are advertisements, but they've become a spectacle of their own, with millions of views on Youtube. When did that start happening? I remember it wasn't always a thing, but I don't remember it becoming a thing either.

phantom menace.

phantom menace.

I'm too young to remember anything about that besides the fact that I actually thought Jar-Jar was a good thing... :ack:

I'll take your word for it, but that seems like something that had unprecedented expectations for decades to get public interest before the internet made it easier for the nerds to freak out about stuff. Admittedly, I already said that my youth makes it nigh impossible for me to nail down the answer without saying 'youtube', so again, I'm going to accept this as the correct answer.

My guess is that they are all dejected is because Scarlet Witch showed them different visions of the future and it does different things to them, none of it pretty. This is probably what spurs Tony Stark to make Ultron and it goes south...

Agree with you on the Scarlet Witch giving them unpleasant visions, when they're hiding out at that cabin. But this must be after Ultron has appeared as why else would they hide out? We also see Ultron in his adamantium/vibranium/fancy body with QS and SW in a factory where he presumably builds his army.

For a while the phantom menace trailer was the most downloaded video in history. The release was a huge deal. Since that time that's how these things have gone.

I seem to remember 'Meet Joe Black' had huge ticket sales initially, most of whom left after the Phantom Menace trailer.

I seem to remember 'Meet Joe Black' had huge ticket sales initially, most of whom left after the Phantom Menace trailer.

There have been a few movies like that - huge ticket sales and then people walking out after the previews were done just to catch that 2 1/2 minute glimpse.

There have been a few movies like that - huge ticket sales and then people walking out after the previews were done just to catch that 2 1/2 minute glimpse.

What? Really?! I've never come across such. Must be a 1st world thing.

Just like how people will spend X amount of money to go to a major con and wait on a line for hours when they're there, often just to see a 30 second teaser for a movie a little sooner than they otherwise would be able. I don't get it.

Just like how people will spend X amount of money to go to a major con and wait on a line for hours when they're there, often just to see a 30 second teaser for a movie a little sooner than they otherwise would be able. I don't get it.

Who waits an hour in line to see a movie?

Who waits an hour in line to see a movie?

People way too concerned about seeing a movie opening weekend at non-matinee times. But even so, that costs a lot less money and time than the con stuff, and at least there you get a full movie rather than just a teaser for one.

Its still not for me though. I generally see all my movies at the second-run theater down the street from me. Tickets are $2 on Mondays and Tuesdays, and they serve dinner and alcohol.

People way too concerned about seeing a movie opening weekend at non-matinee times. But even so, that costs a lot less money and time than the con stuff, and at least there you get a full movie rather than just a teaser for one.

Its still not for me though. I generally see all my movies at the second-run theater down the street from me. Tickets are $2 on Mondays and Tuesdays, and they serve dinner and alcohol.

I wait a few weeks and go during the day or early afternoon. Even big releases are pretty empty.

You seem to think people only go for a 30 second trailer. "often just to see a 30 second teaser"....most people go to meet the writers/actors of their favorite show/movie/comics., the teaser/trailers are usually a bonus after a Q&A with the people from the movie/show.

You seem to think people only go for a 30 second trailer. "often just to see a 30 second teaser"....most people go to meet the writers/actors of their favorite show/movie/comics., the teaser/trailers are usually a bonus after a Q&A with the people from the movie/show.

I've seen photos of the line for Hall H at Comic-Con, and its often an 8-10 hour (or even longer) wait to get in there. Sure there's a panel, and if that's your thing, cool; but still, that's about an hour at most. Those people could've gotten a hell of a lot more bang for their buck spending that day going to many less heavily in-demand panels, rather than just that one thing.

I've seen photos of the line for Hall H at Comic-Con, and its often an 8-10 hour (or even longer) wait to get in there. Sure there's a panel, and if that's your thing, cool; but still, that's about an hour at most. Those people could've gotten a hell of a lot more bang for their buck spending that day going to many less heavily in-demand panels, rather than just that one thing.

Which is fair, i was just clearing up that people don't only go there for a 30 second teaser. It's a huge week-end full of goodies for fans.

Archived