Who were you rooting for during Blackwater?

Jon of the Dead

The Lannisters, definitely. I would have likely rooted for Stannis if he hadn't killed Renly, though. Tyrion may be funny, but to me Joff and Cersei's heads on pikes would have been funnier. Unfortunately, I don't like Stannis, so the idea of him as king swayed me to the Lannisters.

I wanted stannis to win this one so badly. I knew the whole time he was going to lose,(i hadnt spoiled it, but i knew there were more books, and the lannisters seemed to be the bad guys) but I wanted him to take the city in the name of house baratheon and put every lannisters head on a fucking pike. The only person inside the city i was worried for was sansa. But I knew she wouldn't be harmed.

I wanted stannis to win this one so badly. I knew the whole time he was going to lose,(i hadnt spoiled it, but i knew there were more books, and the lannisters seemed to be the bad guys) but I wanted him to take the city in the name of house baratheon and put every lannisters head on a fucking pike. The only person inside the city i was worried for was sansa. But I knew she wouldn't be harmed.

And tyrion?

I was rooting for the Lannisters, though I was sure Stannis was going to win (Tyrion made the chain, the wildfire... but Stannis used magic to win ! Damn cheaters...). I was so happy it didn't happen.

at this point in the story i didn't care much for Stannis (he was portrayed in a less than positive manner) so I was slightly more invested in a Tyrion victory. Having said that, a Stannis victory wouldn't have bothered me or anything. I had already hated Cersei by this point.

That's pretty optimistic of you. I think if the city had fallen Cersei would enjoyed making sure that Sansa (and everyone else in the keep, but especially her) died before Stannis could take them into custody. If I remember correctly, she was pretty peeved at the realization that Sansa probably wanted Stannis to win the battle.

At that point Tyrion was one of my favorite characters, so I rooted for him. And I didn't much care for Stannis with all his rigidity and self-pity. I wanted Davos to do better, and I was sorry he lost his sons due to bad tactics.

It killed me that Davos was the only one who could see it was a trap.

I was rooting for Stannis without a doubt.

For whatever reason, I never felt like Sansa would actually be killed if things went badly for the Lannisters. I just had a feeling from the beginning that in the chaos she would be able to elude Ser Ilyn. Odd as it may sound in retrospect, the only time I really feared for Sansa was when the Hound showed up in her room.

And I was never that big of a Tyrion fan. So I was definitely willing to see him go if it meant Joffrey and Cersei also died.

That's pretty optimistic of you. I think if the city had fallen Cersei would enjoyed making sure that Sansa (and everyone else in the keep, but especially her) died before Stannis could take them into custody. If I remember correctly, she was pretty peeved at the realization that Sansa probably wanted Stannis to win the battle.

I am an eternal optimist, but I feel like sansa could have escaped in the chaos of everything, I liked her chances.

Lannisters. Not saying that they are "the good guys", but I really empathized with Cersei's fear of what would happen to Joffrey and herself if Stannis won. Stannis's murder of Renly also made me very angry and made me think that he would be without mercy if he captured the Lannisters and Sansa. Now, Cersei probably deserved execution for her crimes, but Joffrey actually thought he was the rightful king, so I don't see him as a usurper and deserving of execution for that reason. But Stannis would have killed him. Tyrion should not have been executed for defending KL, but Stannis would have done so. Also, I was concerned that Stannis would hold it against Sansa that she was betrothed to Joffrey and didn't renounce him--even though she had no choice. His desire to take Edric Storm shows that he would not take pity on a child. Now if Renly had been the one attacking, it might have been a different story. He would probably have sent Tyrion to the Wall and definitely would have returned Sansa to Catelyn and Robb, so I might have been more on his side.

Archived