Actions and things you find cringe worthy

Toxspecific

And I mean cringe worthy with a specific meaning; just state stuff in the series that makes you cringe with annoyance. For example when that cowardly piece of psychotic crap Joffrey brags about how he is going to kill his enemies, makes you wanna grab him and dump him in acid. That sort of annoyance.

Mine is Dany's almost attempt at learning something about Westeros. I mean it was like

Dany: Ser Barristan

Ser Barristan: ?

Dany: tell me about my father plz

Ser Barristan: ok

Dany: the whole story

Ser Barristan: he was a good

Dany: Good tell me more

See Barristan: but sometimes he cold be very cruel and

Dany: Ser Barristan stop I don't wanna hear it

Ser Barristan: ok

Edit: 1000th post. They will never take Storm's End from me!

Sometimes Jon seems to pay too much attention to the 'you know nothing' stuff Ygritte got into his head. But it's not too annoying I guess, would've been cringe worthy if he had chapters where he dreamt about everyone screaming that wretched phrase at him and waking up in the middle of the night, but all is k.

Hmmm I found Balon Greyjoy cringe worthy in the regard that he acted like he was tough but he was just a guy who got his ass kicked by Robert and Ned.

Stannis: "OMG I found a couple hundred men, this is incredible... maybe we can starve through a winter march and take Winterfell.... looks like we're gonna have to eat our dead.... god I need more men"

Daenarys- I HAVE THREE DRAGONS, UNSULLIED INFANTRY, DOTHRAKI CAVALRY, AND SOON AN IRON BORN NAVY- WEEEEEEEEEEE!

I wish I could stop rooting for underdogs :)

Didn't Stannis punish some dudes for eating the dead? And the battle is actually looking in his favour lol (sorry, couldn't resist).

And uh, what else. Oh yeah, Daario acting like he's a major badass. Ser Barristan please kill him.

Didn't Stannis punish some dudes for eating the dead? And the battle is actually looking in his favour lol (sorry, couldn't resist).

Oh I know I'm exaggerating/ combining that with the "we almost ate our dead at Storm's End"

I think he'll win too (and desperately hope he does), but the idea of him slogging through a winter horror movie with some ragtag army while Dany has a spotless shining dream team army is just hilarious .... and a bit cringeworthy ;)

Stannis: "OMG I found a couple hundred men, this is incredible... maybe we can starve through a winter march and take Winterfell.... looks like we're gonna have to eat our dead.... god I need more men"

Daenarys- I HAVE THREE DRAGONS, UNSULLIED INFANTRY, DOTHRAKI CAVALRY, AND SOON AN IRON BORN NAVY- WEEEEEEEEEEE!

I wish I could stop rooting for underdogs :)

This soo much.

Damphair violating his late brother, Balon's wishes to name Asha as his heir because of his sexist attitudes.

Euron having the people of the Shield Islands put on ships and sold into slavery with Nute the Barber saying it was justified as the strong always took from the weak, and since their men couldn't defend them they could with the women and children as they wished. (You mean like Robert's men did to your people in the Greyjoy Rebellion?)

Theon knowing that the girls too ugly or old to be salt wives were raped and then murdered.

Cersei thinking she would kill all the smallfolk just to keep Tommen safe, and talking about how she ate Robert's "little princes". :ack:

Dany saying "Stark or Lannister, what difference does it make?" when Barristan tells her that Ned resigned from the post of Hand of the King, the second highest position in Westeros, over Robert's decision to have her killed.

-Dany calling Ned Stark a "usurper dog" or in any way implying he is a man without honor/doesn't know what she is talking about Westeros and honestly she doesn't care. It makes me want to scream, "Stop it, I liked you once, and I hate giving up and moving on."

-Edric Dayne, who I love, finally wanting to take the moment to gain info about Jon and cozy up to Arya now that Gendry and her are on the outs...and using the opportunity to end up telling Arya about his aunt possibly commiting suicide because she was in love with Arya's father. He is so young and as a reader I could pretty much see his face as he realized, "opps this is not the direction I meant this to go in, quick how do I retreat?!" The facepalm hurt.

-Reek- just everything, ever.

-Cersei reminiscing about Robert hurting her in the bedroom and wanting to do the same thing to another woman.

-Val in anyway being called a princess.

-Mel talking about the God of Light being the one true god and all the other gods should be destroyed, preferably burned.

Anytime Dany moons over Daario. "oh dear, Daario is coming! Should I wear my beautiful Qartheen dress that exposes my breast so he can express his excitement at seeing it by obscenely rubbing the hilt of his dagger and arakh? I do so love the way his gold tooth winks at me in the light. Oh, my dear Daario. You must go away! No, come back! No, I shall give you as a hostage lest I be tempted more by your blue three pronged beard. Wait..is that the glint of a gold tooth I see on the horizon? Is that my Daario? Oh Daario, my captain!"

UGH.

Cersei remilitarizing the Faith and thinking how smart she is for doing so.

Also, Viserys bragging about retaking the IT. I can't remember the exact quote, but it has something to do with boasting that he'll make Drogo pay if he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain, and Illyrio just blinks at him and wishes him good luck.

Archived