College Football 2013: The Season Begins, Let the Tears Begin to Fall!

Ded As Ned

Bruce Smith looks like he could still play.

Florida looked okay today. The defense could be sick by the end of the year. It is young and was missing a few guys due to suspension. Still need to work on the penalties and I would have liked more pressure on the QB.

The offense is improved, but it needs a lot of work. Driskell looked more comfortable in the pocket and his passing was sharp. The wide receivers did not impress although I liked how the running backs and fullbacks were incorporated into the passing game. Penalties were also a problem on offense.

Overall I was pleased with how Florida played, but next week will be a lot tougher at Miami. If the Gators can beat the Canes, then this could be a pretty good season.

Go Gators!

HP you're a Horns fan??? But you seem like such a cool guy! Lol

Seriously though hope y'all win. Tech squeaked past SMU, KSU loses to FCS, and OSU has a very poor first half against a mediocre Miss St. We need to win some OOC games especially since TCU is not the favorite tonight.

Yup... I have been a Longhorn fan my entire life. I am secondarily a Big 12 fan, and that is why I pull so hard for TCU and the rest of the conference unless they are playing head to head with my horns.

I know that TCU isn't favored tonight, but I believe there could be an upset. Pachall is a unique talent. He is my way back sleeper for the Heisman this year.

That's sexual...did you mean Uggghhhh?

I think it was as in "Uhhhhhhhhhh what the hell is this?"

I've already lost count of the missed tackles by UK... this seems strangely familiar to Joker's teams. Still early.

ETA2: Touchdown UK! Now maybe I'm seeing why the over/under on this game was like 58

ETA3: Ok, ok. Nothing to panic about here. 21-17 at halftime is not the end of the world. They can pull it out in the second half. Said the repetitive UK fan, for the last 30 years, pretty much every game (that wasn't already over at halftime). Stoops is a defensive coach. He can plug those holes at halftime. Gawd I wonder at this point if it means I'm a true fan or a true idiot that I still have hope at this point.

I have four TV's going right now if you count the computer. :) Life is good.

Oregon State's D is looking terrible. They're down to a 1-AA team 27-17. Their O looks fine, and Mannion is playing pretty well, but Eastern Washington is really moving the ball on them. To be fair, they're a good 1-AA team, but this is bad.

Yeah, imagine that halftime locker room. They're probably getting berated.

I would like to come here and readily admit that I am a hypocrite of the highest sort. For the last couple of years, I have been a vocal dissenter when the subject of the Longhorn Network came up. I pointed to it as the cause that aTm, Colorado, and Missouri left the Big 12, and I lamented the fact that I couldn't even watch the games because they were not a channel on my service provider.

I just discovered it today. I am now watching it with sheer abandon and joy. What an awesome pregame.... What a great set of commentators... I am in Longhorn Heaven

Entertaining first halves for Wazzu/Auburn and WKU/UK, and UGA/Clemson is already looking like a classic. These will help make up for some dull games earlier in the day.

And aw snap, LSU/TCU is about to come on! I sorely need to adopt Trisk's 4 TVs strategy...

ETA: Speaking of WKU, their former coach Willie Taggart is making his debut tonight at South Florida and it is not going well. They're getting housed 39-7 in the 3rd quarter by McNeese State. :stunned:

Dear God,

I know I've been asking for rain so my sod won't die for like three weeks or something... But could you clear it out for a half hour?

Sincerely,

The guy with DirecTV trying to watch football

My rage against Booby Petrino knows no bounds. I have more to say not in the heat of the moment.

Before the Stoops hiring came out of left field, I was extremely vocal in my belief that UK should hire Petrino.

:dunno:

ETA: switched over to the awesome Georgia v Clemson game.

Before the Stoops hiring came out of left field, I was extremely vocal in my belief that UK should hire Petrino.

:dunno:

ETA: switched over to the awesome Georgia v Clemson game.

I was too. He's a great fucking coach. I fucking hate his guts. HATE. HIS. GUTS. THE ASSHOLE! So this can be interpreted one of two ways. WKU will go 9-3, 10-2, or hell, looking at their schedule, maybe 11-1 this season and play in a decent bowl game in their like 5th season in BCS football, or UK will go 1-11, (or more realistically, both). Ugh. Saying that our defense was an embarrassment would be an understatement, no matter how you want to spin it.

After this season Petrino will be able to pick his next school and they will give him a blank check. It will probably be Arkansas even. Fucker.

Pardon my french.

ETA: My only respite is that my wife & I weren't able to afford the trip down to Nashville to actually see the game for our anniversary. We'd both probably be in jail right now. Maybe OJ at least taught his girls some new vocabulary and how to yell, bitch, and moan properly like a true UK football fan. To quote a book I just finished reading "Hope does not exist. Hope is for the weak."

#scarred.

I am done posting for the evening. It's all too fresh. Oh the agony.

-GodFUCKINGdammit, OSU. What the fuck?

-Dammit, Washington.

-C'mon, Kal ( :stillsick: )

-C'mon, Clemson

-Unclear who to root for in TCU/LSU. Probably TCU just out of residual Les Miles hatred.

Archived