College Football 2013: The Season Begins, Let the Tears Begin to Fall!

Ded As Ned

EL OH EL. Just absurd. Poor Marquise Lee.

ETA: Kiffin kinda looks like he's going crosseyed.

ETA2: We about to have a 5-3 game? Or did USC just take the dumbest penalty of the (admittedly short so far) season?

This Hawaii QB is friggin' terrible. They need to be able to run the occasional slant or screen on first down to take the heat off of their backs, but IDK if the dude could complete a pitch.

"USC needs a two-run homer to tie it."

Well, at least the commentators are having fun.

Two USC defenders just injured one another chasing after a debacle of a tipped pass by the Hawaii QB.

This game is terrible.

ETA: Right on cue, terrible interception right back at you, USC. Wittek this time?

I wonder about team dynamics where the defense is clearly better than the offense. Half the team has worked their asses off to stop the other team, and either three plays later, they're back on the field or they watch the offense piss away their work with turnovers. I can't imagine it doesn't create resentments - maybe not against teammates, but against coaches and coordinators. During all the years that Va Tech was imbalanced (every year since Michael Vick was QB, that is), reporters would dredge up some quotes by offensive players saying they were loyal to their awful coordinator and trusted him blah blah. Someone should have asked the defense how they felt about that.

Just a disasterpiece of a game. Jeez.

ETA: Yes, that's right, Hawai'i. Run it right the fuck into the line again.

ETA2: You've gotta catch that, Hawai'i WR. Also, USC is playing themselves right the fuck out of the top 25. Also also, Ep, along those lines... does SC have a legit OC right now? I'm having a brainfreeze, but I know Kiffin called the plays last year, and we know how that works.

Rock my hat to the side like I paint pictures/

Also also, Ep, along those lines... does SC have a legit OC right now? I'm having a brainfreeze, but I know Kiffin called the plays last year, and we know how that works.

I thought Kiffin was still the play caller, but you're the Pac-12 expert :)

I switched over to the end of Ole Miss/Vandy anyway, just in time to see someone get concussed :( And come back in and make a huge catch, leading to a Vandy lead. Um...

I switched over to the end of Ole Miss/Vandy anyway, just in time to see someone get concussed :( And come back in and make a huge catch, leading to a Vandy lead. Um...

Yeah. Puking like crazy then a 43 yard catch 2 plays later. Loco

Eeee. After watching the Matt Scott game (last year? year before that?), I really hate seeing dudes go back in with a concussion.

Also, it bears mentioning that Cody Kessler is the most USC-quarterbacky name for a USC quarterback since Carson Palmer (honorable mention to Jesse Palmer).

ETA: Thanks, Trisk, that jives with what I recall.

Eeee. After watching the Matt Scott game (last year? year before that?), I really hate seeing dudes go back in with a concussion.

First game, first night even, not worth it. For what, an almost-win against Ole Miss?

HOLY SHIT what a game!!!! One of the best I've ever seen in person. Our section was deflated after the late Vandy TD, but Jeff Scott became the hero of the day with a clutch as fuck 75 yard RUN with 1 minute left! Huge win against a tough, experienced team.

Now time to soak up some Nashville nightlife and maybe a few Vandy fan tears while I'm at it! :) Hotty damn toddy!!!

I can not even begin to describe how happy I am to see meaningful football back, and what a way to start with that Ole Miss/Vandy game.

I don't think that Mathews got concussed on the play that made him puke. I think it was a solid gut shot that caused him to toss his cookies.

Yeah. Puking like crazy then a 43 yard catch 2 plays later. Loco

He's a Vandy student. He has brain cells to spare.

Speaking of wasting brain cells... hope FA had fun. Nash-Vegas' nightlife is a blast.

Kentucky v. WKU tomorrow night. Most folks would look at that and say "Its just a directional school." But with the increasing talent that Willie Taggert was bringing in added in with Bobby Petrino's coaching; it could really make for a long night for the Wildcats. The problem is, I honestly believe this is a pivotal game for the new coaching staff in Lexington.

They have made humongous inroads in recruiting for next season. They've already signed more 4 star recruits in six months than the previous coaching staff did in four years. :stunned: So far they've been able to do it by selling smoke and mirrors though. "Come be part of the beginning of something big..." "Did you see my defense at FSU last year?" "Did you see offensive coordinator Neal Brown's offense at Texas Tech?"

If they lose this opening game to Western, then all of that goodwill evaporates and they have to move forward honestly recruiting as the football staff at UK. More pressure than a game like this should really bear.

I hope UNC suspends Holts for a game at least He could have seriously hurt Clowney by being a jackass.

Yeah, that hit was amateur hour. ESPN has already started their love affair with Clowney. Breaking down the South Carolina highlights focused around him, which is fine, but showing plays where he actually gets blocked? They will make us hate him...

Archived