Dany and Cersei need to destroy everything

jaimecersei

So I was looking through Tumblr yesterday, and this is pretty much exactly the directly that I want Dany's storyline to head in the future....

http://31.media.tumb...72o3_r1_500.jpg

http://31.media.tumb...72o1_r1_500.jpg

The Second Dance: a civil war between Daenerys Stormborn and Aegon the Pretender

"Let him be the king of ashes," she cried. "Dracarys".

Basically I want Dany to accidentally melt the throne that she's been working so long to win. I would also love it if Cersei burned down the iron-that would pretty much cement my love for Cersei forever and make her my favorite fictional character of all time. I want Cersei or Dany or both to burn down the Red

Keep/Kingsland/the Iron Throne.

But mostly if we don't see a darker side to Dany's character I'll be pissed.

I think the darker side to her character will come to the fore in TWOW.

So I was looking through Tumblr yesterday, and this is pretty much exactly the directly that I want Dany's storyline to head in the future....

http://31.media.tumb...72o3_r1_500.jpg

http://31.media.tumb...72o1_r1_500.jpg

The Second Dance: a civil war between Daenerys Stormborn and Aegon the Pretender

"Let him be the king of ashes," she cried. "Dracarys".

Basically I want Dany to accidentally melt the throne that she's been working so long to win. I would also love it if Cersei burned down the iron-that would pretty much cement my love for Cersei forever and make her my favorite fictional character of all time. I want Cersei or Dany or both to burn down the Red Keep/Kingsland/the Iron Throne.

But mostly if we don't see a darker side to Dany's character I'll be pissed.

TUMBLR~ I lurk on the ASoIaF tags on there forever (and read all of the asoiafuniversity posts)

By the way, my headcanon for this when I read your topic title was:

Dany and Cersei meet and fall devastatingly in love. Dany because Cersei is really the embodiment of all of her Targ crazy and Cersei because fire is awesome. They happily set up house together in the RK, burning their enemies one barbecue at a time. While they are deciding how to rearrange the furniture, they come across the world's most uncomfortable chair.

Dany: "That chair has got to go."

Cersei: "Agreed. It is so the patriarchy."

Dany: "Drogon. Dracarys."

Extra points for Dany/Cersei/Margaery menage a trois or a rival Margaery/Sansa power-couple in the North

ETA: In all seriousness, I do like the idea of Dany destroying the IT - since it was made by dragonfire, it's logical to assume that it can only be destroyed by dragonfire - and its destruction by Aegon's descendant would be oddly poetic. There might even be lampshading in Dany's decision to destroy the Harpy's Throne in Meereen since both are historic seats of power that represent violence, power, and oppression.

Perhaps Asha Greyjoy could be added to that list? She clearly got defeated at the moot, but if all her uncles are heading towards their peril...

She is also destined to die.

"Marriage is not for you," Theon decided. "When I rule, I believe I will pack you off to the silent sisters."

They (Qarl and Asha) spent the night devouring peaches and each other.

And then her [Asha] back came up hard against a tree, and she could dance no more.

Asha had walked out with Aly Mormont to have a closer look at its slitted red eyes and bloody mouth. It's only sap, she'd told herself, the red sap that flows inside these weirwoods. But her eyes were unconvinced; seeing was believing, and what they saw was frozen blood.

Silent sisters attend the dead, and peaches are the oranges of ASOIAF. Asha will die in the Battle of Ice when she finds herself backed against the weirwood tree, and her blood is spilled onto the weirwood, and with the title of her last POV being "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, her death will be an unintentional blood sacrifice which will be used by BR and Bran to pay for the life of Jon.

I don't think Dany will ever take KL, that will be Jon's job. Cersei will burn down KL rather than be taken alive.

I can live with this. Dany should realize Westeros is not all that great a place, and wonder what her ancestors ever saw in it that they felt they had to conquer it. Cersei will be the Samson of the series, pulling the Seven Kingdoms down around her as she falls.

If the only two ruling queens so far both end up going mad, I'm quitting this series. Luckily I have more faith in GRRM than to resort to such blatant sexist tropes.

But anyway... Dany purposefully destroying the Iron Throne has already been foreshadowed by her destruction of the Harpy throne.

The series desperately needs it... all the british people who get interviewed love Dany and they're all like, "She's so strong and pretty." And that needs to stop.

But on a less-catty note, The series version of Dany is white-washed, she should be a clearly grey character, which she is.

Wait - Dany is whitewashed on the show? I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall her burning a woman alive, burning a warlock alive, locking two people in a vault, massacring unarmed civilians, threatening an envoy, and stealing gold from the same envoy.

Thinking she has been whitewashed is delusional.

Archived