NFL 2013 Preseason: When it almost counts

DanteGabriel

Triple posting up in here because Jim Beam says its okay.

I'm tempering my excitement for the Bears this season, and in this game because the Raiders aren't very good. But the Bears are absolutely beating the hell out of them in every facet of the game right now.

Offense looks good, defense looks good, special teams doesn't look as good when Taub ran it but it doesn't look like it will be a liability (though Hester looks really fast again).

Good teams are supposed to beat up on not-good teams and that's what the Bears are doing so far in this game.

Flynn was terrible last night. He looked like a rookie in over his head. Pryor wasn't much better with the Bears starting defense still in, but he was pretty good against the second and third stringers.

Regardless, the Raiders will be competing for that #1 draft pick.

I feel like I've seen this type of comment on here before. I can't for the life of me remember when...it's bothering me.

"I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..."

Yeah, watching Ryan talk about it now. Triskele has this one picked right in my book.

I'm starting to feel the beginnings of a 1-15 or 2-14 season here.

I agree. I think Sanchez desperately needs a new start with another franchise. Or, at least at this point, I'd like to see him get the chance to be a decent back-up somewhere. Too bad he and the rest of the Jets will have to get through what may just be a train wreck of a season before that can happen. I mean, the Jets can't afford to let him go before next season, right? I honestly don't know but I thought I remembered talk like that over the off-season.

Also - Wow! Did you see that absolutely dumb play by the Cardinal defense against the Chargers?! Cards recover a Chargers fumble just as the Chargers were poised to score and then the Cards player tried to pitch the ball and the Chargers recovered and scored! Ouch! Hope that guy wasn't on the bubble...

Have mentioned how much this season is gonna suck?

Fuck it, let's just put Simms out there as the starter and be done with it. Untested and likely to fail horribly is better than tested horrible failure.

I mean, the Jets can't afford to let him go before next season, right? I honestly don't know but I thought I remembered talk like that over the off-season.

Its at the end of this season Sanchez can be cut loose; anytime before that though would cause a massive cap hit thanks to the horrible extension our wonderous ex-GM had given him.

After having to see Rex and the Jets in the conference finals two years in a row I am loving their sucking. 1-15 would be awesome. The problem is they still have NFL players on their team. It is pretty tough to go 1-15.

Have mentioned how much this season is gonna suck?

Fuck it, let's just put Simms out there as the starter and be done with it. Untested and likely to fail horribly is better than tested horrible failure.

You know, this is sort of the thought I had watching that game. Maybe it's all just setting up the Cinderella story, kid outta nowhere, meteoric rise of Matt Simms? :P

Its at the end of this season Sanchez can be cut loose; anytime before that though would cause a massive cap hit thanks to the horrible extension our wonderous ex-GM had given him.

Ah, thanks! I thought I'd heard that about Sanchez's contract.

So NFLN is reshowing the documentary on the the 1995 Browns and it may be even more astounding on second viewing. Consider, if you will, that Cleveland had the best NFL HC of the past 25 years, the best College HC of the past 25 years, the best GM of the past 25 years and like 9-10 other guys on that staff talented and smart enough to become head coaches and GMs in the league and in college. You can make a strong case this was the greatest assemblage of football minds ever put together on the same staff. And yet only in Cleveland can such a staff be assembled and the team gets moved the next year assuring that all this brilliance will only benefit other places.

I guess I bring this up to say that as much misery as we've all had with our sports teams none of us hold a candle to the Cleveland sports fan. Not even Bills fans can touch this level of suffering (sorry Bluray). And that if Cleveland ever wins another title in any of its sports, I mean that has to be a cathartic event for the nation, right?

Archived