New TWOW chapter coming 10/29

Sour Billy Tipton

GRRM has recently announced the ADWD paperback Bantam edition will be released on 10/29. And with it comes a new chapter from book 6.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/336461.html

He has previously stated that this chapter is new and will not be one of the two gift chapters he has released. But the chapter could be one of the two Tyrion or Barristan chapters we know of, or the rest of the Victarion chapter George had read online, and also Arianne II.

I know certain POV chapters have no shot at being released because of the cliffhangers from Dance. So I hope it will be that Damphair chapter George almost read at Worldcon. But I think it will be Tyrion I.

What does everyone hope it will be and what does everyone think it will be?

Out of all of the characters, the three that I want to see a chapter from the most (in this order), are:

Davos

Sansa

Samwell

Aeron (I'm guessing the chapter will probably be his)

These are the characters whose arcs, chronologically, end about half way through ADwD, so I'm assuming that their first TWoW chapter(s) will chronologically take place at the same time as the second half of ADwD. If this assumption is true, it makes sense for GRRM to release one of their chapters as it wouldn't spoil stuff from other storylines in TWoW. Also, none of their arcs ended in cliffhangers (except for possibly Davos, depending on how you look at it), so they wouldn't give anything too major away.

will the chapter be released online as well? I live in the UK so waiting for the paperback hasn't been an issue(a uk paperback was released ages ago with the theon chapter in the back) but I don't know whether I'll be able to get a hold of the actual chapter rather than just online summaries. However, if it is released online I think it should be at least a month after the publishing, so as to reward the patience of us fans who've been waiting so long by giving them the first look

I am also in the boat where I haven't been waiting for paperback because it was released ages ago. So I hope it is released online or I rely on second hand accounts. I think if we get anything new it will be Aeron, as that is the only other chapter he has offered to read. I don't think he will read Sansa although I would love too, we haveheard too little from her since her chapter title changed to Alayne

It`s funny how this is getting thrown around. This is exactly where he was a year ago, excep then it was 400 pages out of 1600 instead of a percentage. He`s essentially done fuck all in the last year.

Which I think is strange. He basically has not been very active this year and has wrapped up most of his other projects. He has not been as busy. The optimist in me hopes he is just keeping things close to the vest. But I could be drinking the koolaid.

What does everyone hope it will be and what does everyone think it will be?

Hope: Sansa chapter.

Expect: Tyrion I, probably. I can imagine GRRM making it the Aeron chapter just to torture us. :D

I think there must be some huge, gamechanging plot twist in that Sansa chapter for GRRM to sit on it through all the readings and gift chapters for several other major plotlines (North - Theon, Dorne - Arianne, Meereen - Tyrion/Barristan/Victarion, etc.), which means that it won't wind up as a preview chapter for ADWD. The teaser chapters tease important plots and developments, but they don't contain any crazy, mindblowing plot twists.

I really hope GRRM is still on track to release the book sometime next year. He hasn't given any updates about how far he's gotten in a while, maybe he's made a lot of progress since then. :dunno:

At the risk of getting everyone's hopes up, Liam Cunningham (Davos) did a Thronecast interview a while ago where he talked about meeting GRRM for the first time ever (at the LA premiere, so March-ish 2013), and apparently at that time (March 2013) GRRM told him he was halfway through TWOW. So back in March 2013, six months ago, GRRM was supposedly halfway through the book.

Which I think is strange. He basically has not been very active this year and has wrapped up most of his other projects. He has not been as busy. The optimist in me hopes he is just keeping things close to the vest. But I could be drinking the koolaid.

I think GRRM felt burnt or frustrated by things that happened/said with book updates building up to the last 2 releases that he is keeping the progress close. 1/2 of that 400 finished manuscript pg. came from Dance anyways. So he announced in Jan. 2012 that he was back to writing and from his announcements he seems to clean up a lot projects that he had going. At least that is the optimist in me because it has been the same answer the last 2 years. I'm hoping for a release next year if you look at his appearances he has usual amount going on in 2014 and 2016, but 2015 is clear so far except1 I' m hoping that he has kept it clear for book tour. But that's only me hoping. I'm a complete aSoIaF junkie and love new material. Tried staying away, reading tastes, other books, however, I relapse and take in any new material. I like say How everlong it takes to get the best book, but I'm lying to myself.

I'm hoping it is a new sample chapter because I've put off buying kindle version for reread because the one out now docent have a preview chapter?

Word is that he is now 25.3% complete. A .3% improvement!

It`s funny how this is getting thrown around. This is exactly where he was a year ago, excep then it was 400 pages out of 1600 instead of a percentage. He`s essentially done fuck all in the last year.

Where is this 25% figure coming from?

Archived