Secret Santa VIII--Gifts are arriving!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

This is not necessarily true… I mean if you order it directly you can hide names and stuff… =D

Yes, it can be ordered and sent, which is cool, but I always like putting personal touches with the gifts and getting things from different places and putting them together.

(I am a little bit anal about my gift giving. I like to make sure it is something special to the person getting it. This goes for family as well as SS. I hate giving money/gift cards and shopping only from wish lists)

My gifts are off to someone somewhere. They should arrive in a timely manner before Christmas.

I'm going away for Christmas, so I really hope my Santa ships his/her gift so that it arrives a bit before Christmas. I can't stand the thought of waiting until after the new year to open it :(

Mine are off too!! =D

Customs also snoops the present, though not necessarily everything. If you send something gift-wrapped, it is highly likely they will open it. (When Lany sent me mine, they only opened one of the gifts, though). They seal it back with tape. When tmow sent me mine the year before, they opened the cap.

Well maybe I was lucky… =S but Baita's gift was not opened by those custom officers… it arrived perfectly really. =D and they were many different wrapped items in that box

Tomorrow's to-do list:

-Buy some kind of food my recipient specifically stated they would like (it will be local food and I'm sure you can't find it easily where you live)

-Buy chocolate (I'm not trying to make you fat, I just follow your questionnaire!)

-Buy a card (I consider it mandatory to match the Christmas spirit and to write some things to make it more personal without revealing my ID)

-Search for a dainty box to put all of them inside

ETA: The main gift is already sitting on my couch!

And now I know you're not my SS… since food is not really something you can easily send… =s >=)

[shamelessly trying to figure out who my ss is!]

Yes, it can be ordered and sent, which is cool, but I always like putting personal touches with the gifts and getting things from different places and putting them together.

(I am a little bit anal about my gift giving. I like to make sure it is something special to the person getting it. This goes for family as well as SS. I hate giving money/gift cards and shopping only from wish lists)

I do not like money/gift cards either… I do stick to wish lists.. cause most of the times I'm scared they won't like it =P I guess I have to be more daring...

crap! I just realized I forgot to send the gifts wrapped… again… =S *im sorry SS for being such a lousy SS* but hey at least I managed to write a note this time around… poor KiDisaster was the first victim of the Expecto train wreck =P

I think next year I'll give the local post services a try… I have trust issues when it comes to that, but hey… maybe they'll surprise me… Yeah.. definitely next year I'll be concocting the present locally...

I realize that anyone who gets a gift that looks like it was wrapped by a kindergarten student, will suspect I'm their SS...but, only one of you will be right.

If people have to figure out who their SS is by our wrapping skills, then I qualify for the kindergarten student too!

I'll try to wait with opening mine...but I'm not really strong :P

BTW whoever gets mine will know right away cause I had to write my address on it too and they put it right on top of it...so not much mystery there... :(

I still stay strong and resist the temptation! Though, every time I see a new post here I want to take the parcel and tear it apart!

*exhales*

My recipient will first know who their SS is and then what's inside their box, too...

And now I know you're not my SS… since food is not really something you can easily send… =s >=)

[shamelessly trying to figure out who my ss is!]

I confirm I'm not your SS :P

GUYS don't start outing each other as SS suspects!! BOO. :frown5:

I think next year I'll give the local post services a try… I have trust issues when it comes to that, but hey… maybe they'll surprise me… Yeah.. definitely next year I'll be concocting the present locally...

*TWITCH*

Also, they aren't too godawful. Before the giftees were assigned, I queried the prices for a Kg of Certified Mail. It's a bit slow (and to certain countries it makes it unfeasible given the international deadlines), but they're reasonable (It's only USD$16 for a Kilo abroad). It's even cheaper if it's local delivery FTR <_< (and yes, by local I also mean intraprovincial, in case you wondered).

I've waited this long because I dread wrapping gifts, but I cannot wait any longer. Today is wrapping day.

I realize that anyone who gets a gift that looks like it was wrapped by a kindergarten student, will suspect I'm their SS...but, only one of you will be right.

I won't say if or when mine was sent out but yah, I gots wrappin skills like my 3 year old :lol:

Beware the horrible gift wrapping !!!!!

I won't say if or when mine was sent out but yah, I gots wrappin skills like my 3 year old :lol:

Beware the horrible gift wrapping !!!!!

One of my gifts that I wrapped looked more like shit than anything else. I have no idea what I was thinking :ph34r:

Archived