NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

I was thinking this as well. Dallas D played relatively well after that opening drive of the 2nd half, and this is a game that any Colts team Peyton Manning played on loses. There's just so much talent on the offense, he can't help but put up great numbers, even if he gets rattled.

Matt Schaub throws 4 pick-sixes in four straight games! HA!

Also, the Broncos running game is also getting decent (helps when the opposing D is petrified with fear from the machine that is playing QB). So Jace, how are we stopping him with our midget DBs? The Colts played great today and I am so proud of the way Luck hung in their and fought. But I feel like Armageddon coming in a couple of weeks time.

Also it is official: Broncos are 28 point favorite against the Jags next week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/oddsmaker-opens-denver-as-28-point-favorite-against-jacksonville/

Also, the Broncos running game is also getting decent (helps when the opposing D is petrified with fear from the machine that is playing QB). So Jace, how are we stopping him with our midget DBs? The Colts played great today and I am so proud of the way Luck hung in their and fought. But I feel like Armageddon coming in a couple of weeks time.

Hopefully the Jaguars can give the coaches a blueprint to gameplan off of.

Otherwise: bring a different blitz on every down, rush none, pass interference will keep his numbers down, and if all else fails send in the punt-return team and hope it confuses him.

Anybody who bets these games is trying to give their money away.

Bet on Jags loosing, Broncos scoring at least 40 points, Eli throwing at least one pick, I could go on and on. Wanted to add, Romo making a critical error. But hats off to him for his play today. There are only a handful QBs in this league could have went toe to toe with the the Denver Juggernauts. Deserves respect for that. I know it was crushing for the Dallas fans, but with many other good QBs (*coughFlaccocough), they would be loosing by 20 points.

Romo throws for more yards in one game than Brady has in 5 games (ok. Slight exaggeration.). How does one predict anything in the NFL?

Anybody who bets these games is trying to give their money away.

Except for all the folks who make a living betting these games?

Schaub getting an early start tonight, I see.

Also, if we're talking about pained fandoms... in my entire lifetime of being a Bills fan (I'm 26, I'd say I've been a Bills fan for 23, since I definitely remember the NYG Super Bowl), there have been seven defining moments. One of them was good.

-Four (FOUR) Super Bowl losses

-Comeback win in the playoffs over the Houston Oilers

-Music City Miracle

-Kevin Everett gets paralyzed on the field on the first play of the season

...That's it, that's the list.

Bet on Jags loosing, Broncos scoring at least 40 points, Eli throwing at least one pick, I could go on and on. Wanted to add, Romo making a critical error. But hats off to him for his play today. There are only a handful QBs in this league could have went toe to toe with the the Denver Juggernauts. Deserves respect for that. I know it was crushing for the Dallas fans, but with many other good QBs (*coughFlaccocough), they would be loosing by 20 points.

Erroneous. Joe Flacco is not a good QB, he puts the 'ocre' (rearranged to spell 'core') in mediocre.

Hopefully the Jaguars can give the coaches a blueprint to gameplan off of.

Otherwise: bring a different blitz on every down, rush none, pass interference will keep his numbers down, and if all else fails send in the punt-return team and hope it confuses him.

:laugh: at the humor but :crying: thinking of the impending doom. Well at least we should be 5-2 and in a good position to win the division (specially with the way Texans are playing ). I would have taken that before the season started.

DVR'ed the second half of the Denver-Dallas game while I was out hunting. Wow. That would have been pretty sweet live, especially the Romo pick.

As I mentioned during the first half though, Denver needs Von Miller or some way to find a pass rush. Romo was great, but he had ALL DAY to throw the ball.

Good lord. I'm having a heart to heart with my dad in Kentucky and he keeps interrupting me with another 49ers score.

I told my dad that I love him and now I am am heading to the pub to watch the rest of the game.

It feels almost already sealed.

Even though I'm impartial to the outcome of this game it's frustrating to watch Schaub going for all these deep balls. It's not Madden! Anyone can see their strength in the passing game is the short game. Andre Johnson is a good route runner. Owen Daniels and Arian Foster can catch underneath. What the hell are they doing?

:laugh: at the humor but :crying: thinking of the impending doom. Well at least we should be 5-2 and in a good position to win the division (specially with the way Texans are playing ). I would have taken that before the season started.

Honestly, that's the best I can come up with. Obviously humor was intended, but I don't know how to stop this Broncos offense (not that I really want to stop it except for week 7). I've watched football since I was fifteen years old. My dad was a highschool coach and I'm sure I know more about the game than he does. I've written/debated endlessly about ways to stop Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and even Peyton himself in past years.

But I don't know. This offense is averaging over 45 points per game over 5 weeks. It features 3.5 elite receivers, a well-coached offensive line, a suddenly healthy/versatile runninback, and one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

There are ways to stop every player on every team in the history of the league, but the Broncos have far and away the best skill position depth in the league (probably since the Greatest Show on Turf), and far and away the best QB in the league right now. A great coach can devise a great scheme to stop an offense. The problem is that Peyton Manning is smarter than any coach in the league, and at the end of the day you need to win individual matchups at at least some level, while using scheme to protect against another. The undefeated offensive juggernaut 2007 Patriots were beaten because the Giants secondary focused on taking away the two greatest offensive threats (Moss, Welker) with the use of quality players Sam Madison and Aaron Ross in addition to keeping a safety over top of Moss and a LB underneath Welker, while the D-line absolutely took over the game. The 2011 offensive juggernaut Packers were beat by the Chiefs more or less the opposite way, with the secondary absolutely suffocating the WR's with man-to-man pressure that forced Rodgers to hold onto the ball and allowed the pass rush to utilize stunts and/or just relentlessly rush until they got the sack.

But I don't know what you do to beat the Broncos' offense. There's just too much talent. Literally the only way I can think of to beat them is to line up with three guys putting their hands in the dirt, and put two guys each on Welker, DT, JT, and Eric Decker to jam them at the line. And hope the RB doesn't run out of the backfield. That's all I have, and it's insane and might work once if Moreno falls into a manhole on his way out of the backfield. You cannot match up against all four, really five (adding Moreno, who's dynamic) of the receivers and think that you're going to get home with four against the guy who makes the quickest reads and throws in the history of the game. The Giants were able to do it because Brady was used to having something crazy like 5 seconds after the snap to throw the ball, and they only really had to take away Welker in the quick passing game. The Packers were a one-dimensional team facing an opponent who's only defensive strength happened to match up perfectly.

How do you stop the Broncos offense? This is a question where I'll use an excuse: I'm a girl, I've never played on any real organized team, and I don't have to tell you how to stop the Broncos if I don't want to! :P

DVR'ed the second half of the Denver-Dallas game while I was out hunting. Wow. That would have been pretty sweet live, especially the Romo pick.

As I mentioned during the first half though, Denver needs Von Miller or some way to find a pass rush. Romo was great, but he had ALL DAY to throw the ball.

I think Ayers was out early and so was Woodyard. That definitely contributed to the ineffective pass rush. I think one of the Denver starting CBs (Harris?) also went out pretty early.

Al and Colligsworth are actively discussing about benching Schaub. This is the team that was "set and happy" with their QB and did not want Manning when he was looking for a team! How the mighty has fallen.

Yeah, what's nuts about the Broncos is though they have definite flaws right now they have reinforcements on the way to fix those flaws. You look at this team and you say they need a premier pass rusher and a good cover corner to help fix that defense and guess who they get coming back for the stretch run? Von Miller and Champ Bailey. The rich get richer.

Speaking of which, giving that team Trindon Holliday seems like it should've been illegal. I can't watch Houston return a kick or punt of any kind and not think of what Trindon Holliday would've done with it. But the Texans were like "nah, we don't need the fastest most dynamic guy in the league. We're good." Maybe that's the reason Matt Schaub is melting down this year.

That was comical, the ref looses the ball. Not that the Texans were going to do anything, may be the ref saved another Schaub INT.

Over under how many more games Schaub gets as a starter? I say he gets a chance against the Rams. If he bombs then look out. Or maybe they will hold off till the Chiefs game as they have a bye afterwards. Loving this as a Colts fan as we play them right after the bye.

Archived