NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

Interesting stat courtesy of Robert Mays of Grantland:

Last year the Pats sacked the opponent QB once in every 15 dropback when Vince Wilfork was on the field. When VW was off the field it was once in every 105 dropback. I feel vindicated :cool4:

I mentioned this in the last thread as well. It will be interesting to see how the Pats D perform with the enormity that was VW.

Also interesting to see the flurry of O Linemen trades.

Interesting stat courtesy of Robert Mays of Grantland:

Last year the Pats sacked the opponent QB once in every 15 dropback when Vince Wilfork was on the field. When VW was off the field it was once in every 105 dropback. I feel vindicated :cool4:

I mentioned this in the last thread as well. It will be interesting to see how the Pats D perform with the enormity that was VW.

Also interesting to see the flurry of O Linemen trades.

Maybe Dalton can get his shit together with the "extra time" he'll have with Vince's absence. There's nothing I like more than watching the Patriots lose. It's not a common thing, but when it happens, it's like nirvana. :laugh:

I don't understand how with all the recruiters and guys evaluating talent nowadays someone like Jordan Cameron comes from nowhere to appear to be such a stud. Maybe if all the bulky basketball players just switched to TE they would take over the sport. Oh wait, they kind of are: Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham. That is a hell of a crop of guys with middling to poor college basketball careers who all became or appear to be stud TE's.

But I would guess that it might be a little tough to see how good of a TE someone is in high school, the skills/tools that make a good TE should be obvious but maybe some of these guys physically matured later.

I don't understand how with all the recruiters and guys evaluating talent nowadays someone like Jordan Cameron comes from nowhere to appear to be such a stud. Maybe if all the bulky basketball players just switched to TE they would take over the sport. Oh wait, they kind of are: Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham. That is a hell of a crop of guys with middling to poor college basketball careers who all became or appear to be stud TE's.

But I would guess that it might be a little tough to see how good of a TE someone is in high school, the skills/tools that make a good TE should be obvious but maybe some of these guys physically matured later.

A lot has to do with situation as well. Gates was excellent in Turner's scheme. Look where Cameron is now. Thomas has Manning throwing to him. Graham has Brees. There are certain OCs and QBs who use TEs in a way that makes them excellent. Put Cameron on the Bengals and he'd likely fail.

Well the Bucs ended the Tampa Bays of Our Lives soap opera this week and have released Josh Freeman.

I wonder where he ends up. Lots of people seem to think he'd be a good fit in Cincinnati. I just don't see him adding much except being a better back up than Josh Johnson.

Archived