NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

I like Andrew Luck and that Indy coaching staff, and the whole team, but is anybody scared of them (sorry OP) - they're nice, but not awesome - at least, not yet.

HEY! HEY! Shut up! ;)

The Giants, Jags, and Bucs are the only winless teams left. Being that the Bucs are on a BYE this week, does anyone think NY or JAX will be 0-5? I think I can flip a coin to determine that.

The Giants are playing a 1-3 Philly team. I think both of their schedules thus far have been comparable as far as strength goes. I think Philly is going to win, but the Giants are in playoff mode now and will be going in guns blazing tomorrow.

The Jags on the other hand....yeesh. I can definitely picture them going 0-16 this year. I actually believe they will. But, considering the fact that Jags have a pretty tough schedule, if there was a game they were going to win it would be this one against a struggling Rams team. This is why I think the NFL is as wildly popular as it is. People are actually talking about BAD teams!

Can one of these teams win? Both? Will the Bucs be the only win-less team after tomorrow?

Thoughts?

I just started the Rams defense vs the Jags as opposed to the Houston defense against the 49'ers. Sammy-B is average, the Jags make average players look like immortal representatives of football Valhalla.

What about Pittsburgh? I think the Steelers are still winless as well, as odd as that feels to type.

I completely forgot about the Yinzers. I'm so used to them being successful, that I overlooked their dismal season.

I was looking forward to watching what I hoped was going to be a competitive early game - Lions @ Packers.

However, now I hear that Calvin Johnson is inactive with a knee injury: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000256740/article/injury-roundup-megatron-wont-play-amendola-will

I'm still looking forward to the game, but now think the Packers will win easily...

I was looking forward to watching what I hoped was going to be a competitive early game - Lions @ Packers.

However, now I hear that Calvin Johnson is inactive with a knee injury: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000256740/article/injury-roundup-megatron-wont-play-amendola-will

I'm still looking forward to the game, but now think the Packers will win easily...

Damn injuries. To start or not to start Amendola, that is the question.

It's wet and windy. Not best conditions for a groin injury. I bet he gets limited snaps.

That is what I was thinking, just took him out a little bit ago, which probably means his limited snaps will include two TD catches.

Gah, didn't see the Amendola and Johnson news, was driving people to the airport. Fortunately, I don't have Johnson in any leagues, but might've started Broyles...

Thoughts now that I have the glorious RZ channel hooked up for the first time this year:

• Fucking Rams. I will light you on fire if you lose today and knock me out of my survivor pool.
  • Terrible RZ pick by Dalton. A shame too because he had some really good, perfectly placed throws on that drive.
  • Pretty sure I just saw Eli Manning throw an intentional grounding under zero pressure because he tripped over his own feet. This is the Eli Manning I always imagined he could be.
  • What is with blocked punts in the NFL this year? Another one in Seahawks-Colts. Felt like every Redskin punt was either blocked or about to be blocked last week. Either there's been great innovation in punt block schemes or more likely punt protection has just gotten crazy sloppy.
  • Update: Blaine Gabbert still terrible. Awesome pick-6 by the Blainester after feeling a whiff of pressure and promptly launching the ball 20 yards over his receiver's head into the safety's waiting arms. God Bless you Blaine Gabbert.

I mentioned earlier that I had to bench Calvin Johnson in two fantasy leagues. The guy I replaced him with in both... T.Y. Hilton. :bowdown:

ETA: Legion of Boom just got burnt like the eggs I "cooked" this morning.

ETA2:

WHAT THE FUCK!?! TAUNTING ON A TOUCHBACK? You're a big fucking man, Mr. Brown. You let that KR know that he just kneeled.

Way to kill the fucking momentum as Russell Wilson madden-scrambles for 20.

Archived