NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

Man, Mike Wallace looks fucking terrible. How many drops does he have today? Anyone watching this game primarily?

ETA: Andrew Luck back to his favorite activity, Pete Caroll Torture.

Pep Hamilton just gave the game away. Draw play on 3rd and 9.

I don't care if Vinateri makes the FG, I don't care if the Colts are up by 6 with less than 2 minutes. It's up by 10, or no time on the clock.

NOT COMFORTABLE

Man, Mike Wallace looks fucking terrible. How many drops does he have today? Anyone watching this game primarily?

The announcers just said 3 I think. I really don't think he is a feature WR. He is a guy with great speed and a deep threat but not very well rounded. Plus, he is apparently a douche.

Yeah, but there's a difference between other incompletions and drops. Like, that last one was a defensed pass- the DB broke it up, not Wallace's fault.

But alot of other ones have really semed like his fault.

Jesus, Wilson just got trucked. GG, Colts.

It would be so awesome if the Bears offense played well without needing to make a comeback. They're incapable of doing much unless a half is winding down and they need to score before halftime/the end of the game.

Cutler had 31 yards passing in the first quarter, 144 in the second, 54 in the third and 129 in the 4th.

Granted, but now they've beaten the supposed two toughest NFC teams...

Yes. But Seattle isn't nearly as good on the road. They've proven that over the past two years. And SF has no weapons on offense anymore with Manningham, Crabtree and Davis all hurt.

I never woulda imagined the Colts would beat both the 49ers and Seahawks.

I'm with you. Patriots certainly had an opportunity or 8. It's not like the Bengals put the game away or anything to justify the complete lack of faith.

That being said, Bengals defense played very well again. If Dalton was half the QB he should be, we'd be unstoppable.

Agreed. So much of the coverage on Patriots receivers was utterly suffocating. Even when they'd complete a pass, it was with a Bengal draped all over them. And they did something against Brady that has't been done in over 50 games.

The plus side is that I never woulda guessed they'd win a game on Lewis being aggressive and Belichick being passive. Even involved a QB draw by Dalton in a key spot which is something I'd never ever thought I'd see. Thought it was a terrible playcall until I saw they planned to go for it all along.

I never woulda imagined the Colts would beat both the 49ers and Seahawks.

Agreed. So much of the coverage on Patriots receivers was utterly suffocating. Even when they'd complete a pass, it was with a Bengal draped all over them. And they did something against Brady that has't been done in over 50 games.

The plus side is that I never woulda guessed they'd win a game on Lewis being aggressive and Belichick being passive. Even involved a QB draw by Dalton in a key spot which is something I'd never ever thought I'd see. Thought it was a terrible playcall until I saw they planned to go for it all along.

I thought it was a terrible play call. The only reason it worked out is cause they got the TD on 4th down. Otherwise, it was meh.

It would be so awesome if the Bears offense played well without needing to make a comeback. They're incapable of doing much unless a half is winding down and they need to score before halftime/the end of the game.

Cutler had 31 yards passing in the first quarter, 144 in the second, 54 in the third and 129 in the 4th.

You look at Cutler's stats out of context like this, you'd think the Bears likely put up 30 again and won going away...

If Indy holds up, what does this actually mean...?

They are who we thought the were.

That Seattle is meh on the road but will never lose at home.

What everyone except John Lynch has been saying.

Luck is Go(o)d, or what Mexal said.

Yes.

I believe you even less. Considering the spat of foolish Bengals penalties, I think the Patriots have a great chance of tying the game on that final drive if not for a biblical downpour. Tom Brady couldn't even grip the ball in that weather and they still got down to the Bengals 30.

So if you were able to foresee the coming of a torrential downpour, I'm with you. Otherwise I saw a game very much in doubt up to the final seconds.

Look, I wish I were wrong, but its not like I started watching the Pats in the second half! Its been all season. Thompkins has flashes on really strong play, but other than him? Nothing remotely resembling consistency. I knew what I was talking about and I never felt like the Pats had anything resembling a consistent offense. Don't believe me? Look at the stats:

- Past were (get ready for this) one for FIFTEEN on 3rd down efficiency. Do you need me to point out how terrible that is or do you want to pretend the Pats were in the game? Okay, fair enough. By contrast- the Jags were 3-12. Okay, moving on,

-Prior to Brady's INT the Pats had 4 turnovers. How many games do you think you win like that?

-The Pats don't have a deep threat and consistently drop passes either short or "underneath" - in other words its hard to even have a "dink and dunk" offense when you drop the dinks and dunks.

-The Bengals D played great today and at no point did the Pats have a good drive PRIOR to the Bengals going up by 10. Here is the Pat drive chart PRIOR to my declaration that the game was over:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Fumble

Punt

(okay... that's 6 drives, 0 points, a turnover and ... SIX WHOLE first downs. WOW! Stop the presses! Its 2007 all over again).

FG (hooooraayyyyyy)

Punt

Punt

The Benagls then score their TD. PRIOR to that I declared the game over because I knew the Pats did noit have it in them to score enough and it was patently obvious. Sure, the Bengals made a TON of mistakes and the rain did not help, but that was not the issue. The issue was that the Bengals D did everything it needed to do to stop an anemic Pats O that has no play makers. There is nobody on the Pats right now who could overcome, step-it-up (as they say) and make a play. Even if the Pats D played "really well" its not enough. Bengals D is better. No offense can hope to match against a very good D with pedestrian players that the Pats have. Brady is throwing to NOBODY

I mean, Jaime, you mentioned the rain. Could you IMAGINE what a homer-idiot I would have to be to come in here and say "Pats would have won if not for the STOOOPID RAIN!!!!"? Come on? Does anyone think the Pats O was just going along swell before it started to rain? Really?

I could see that a long way. I was right; I wish I were wrong.

Archived