Football 54 has been placed on garden leave

Nas!

Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck.

ETA: Some seriously blatant timewasting from Panama, though, karmically unsurprising if you believe in that sort of thing.

ETA2: Sweet fucking Jesus Christ on a Pogo Stick.

The US just scored again... WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO WINNN!!! DAMMMITTTT!

Yeah, I was sort of torn on this one. On the whole, while it would have been a bit of a laugh to see Mexico eliminated, I'd much rather see the US team develop an attitude of always going for the win.

I do feel bad for the Panama fans. It would have been one thing if we'd just spanked them, but getting their hopes up like that only have them dashed right at the end... damn.

Not to mention my own hopes... Never been so angered by a US win before. Didn't think it was possible...

I do feel bad for the Panama fans. It would have been one thing if we'd just spanked them, but getting their hopes up like that only have them dashed right at the end... damn. A very spirited display from the Panama players too.

I guess,... but it would have been much easier to swallow if Mexico had actually gotten in on their own terms. For it to happen this way,... I almost feel betrayed...

I'll get over it by next year, but... I really need New Zealand to pull of a miracle right now or I won't be right for awhile...

It would have been funny if Mexico had gone out, but it's a little weird to have so much invested in it when they're really the only other team that makes CONCACAF not look like a complete joke on the international level. How much dumber do we look if they don't go through?

Also, there's still a chance, they have to fade a home-and-home with New Zealand, now :P

Betrayed? Because your team won?

This isn't a playground game for fun. This is qualifying for World Cup, and if a US win helps someone else, too fucking bad.

What does it say about a team if they don't go for the win, exactly?

We were already in. We already had first place. We had nothing to play for tonight. Nothing. This was a throw away game for us. Winning served no purpose for us except pride or just to up our FIFA ranking which would never be good enough to get us seeded at the World Cup.

I don't like Mexico or their fans because they're arrogant have never done anything to earn that attitude. And being the only thing that kept them from elimination isn't going to change that attitude. They think they're too good for CONCACAF and that they should be in CONMEBOL, that they're somehow a historic team, and that other countries should respect them so much more than the US and the rest of CONCACAF. Well CONCACAF has been whooping Mexico's sorry ass all year long and I think that 4 years sitting out in the cold would help them realize the reality,... they're not really that good.

Archived