Stannis is getting set up for a win!

E-Ro

Stannis's quest for the IT seems to be a lost cause at the moment but c'mon guys, surely it cannot be out of the realms of possibility. Until the books confirm otherwise, as a King's man I have no choice but to believe that the true King will find a way to win the IT.

Oh God, this is not gonna meet with nice answers, but you asked: It wouldn't happen because I can't see that a majority of Westerosi commonfolk could like Stannis as much as people on this board. I mean, he wanted to outlaw prostitution in a world whose economy seems to rely on brothels more than anything else ... He may be a great ruler, but he's such a total funsponge, while Dany is a naive ruler, but half of Westeros' fantasy of a queen. And Tyrion talking Dany out of taking a throne from Stannis? Won't happen. Also remember how popular the sparrows are in the south - how do you think people would react if a king ascended the throne who worships a firegod that he makes sacrifices to?

What the common folk think or want is completely irrelevant to who is in charge of them. This is not a democracy and they have zero say in government. Most of them are too ignorant to even care or understand whats going on, all they care about is food, and safety. King bread. If stannis uses his iron bank money to feed them they want care if hes a "fun sponge."

You never seize to impress me... What about very long well-thought responses? :)... And my dear, your love towards blue-eyed fake AAR is almost as great as mine towards red-haired wolf-maiden. And trust me, it is a great praise, or criticism, as some people would say...

To be perfectly honest, I actually believe that Dance of dragons 2.0 and War for Dawn 2.0 would happen simultaneously. It will be one of great GRRM's ironies: having 3 pretenders fighting for the Throne that rightfully belong to the guy fighting against Others, while the dragons who might be great weapon against wights are being used solely in political confrontations. Thus, I do believe that all 3 sides, Lannisters, Aegon and Dany would come up almost destroyed from Dance, which will allow whoever wins Others and stay alive to seize the throne.

But, my dear friend, there are so many reasons Stannis should rule from IT. He is just, somewhat honest, proud and virtuous. He is rightful heir... But all those reasons for me disappear when I remember how he has offended my Princess, the wolf-maiden of red hair... So, no, until he repents his worst sin, I am saying "NO"

haha, I thought "thoughts" would fall under well thought out long responses. I tend to enjoy those. As for the rest of your post, interesting. I don't remember when he insulted Sansa? He wasn't around at KL when she was there...

What the common folk think or want is completely irrelevant to who is in charge of them. This is not a democracy and they have zero say in government. Most of them are too ignorant to even care or understand whats going on, all they care about is food, and safety. King bread. If stannis uses his iron bank money to feed them they want care if hes a "fun sponge."

haha, I thought "thoughts" would fall under well thought out long responses. I tend to enjoy those. As for the rest of your post, interesting. I don't remember when he insulted Sansa? He wasn't around at KL when she was there...

I think its about he placing Jon before Sansas rights.

I don't think this quite explains how Stannis would take the Iron Throne since he's already being denounced by the High Sparrow because of his R'hllor ties. The riot of KL and the walk of shame kind of shows that the smallfolk do have a certain amount of power and I think it will only grow as the fanatical Warrior's Son gain more power in the city. Unless of course, Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly get rid of them in revenge for Margaery...

I don't think this quite explains how Stannis would take the Iron Throne since he's already being denounced by the High Sparrow because of his R'hllor ties. The riot of KL and the walk of shame kind of shows that the smallfolk do have a certain amount of power and I think it will only grow as the fanatical Warrior's Son gain more power in the city. Unless of course, Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly get rid of them in revenge for Margaery...

KL is no westeros, and the smallfolk can change their harts for Rhlorr as soon as they see his power....as the smallfolk of the BWB did.

KL is no westeros, and the smallfolk can change their harts for Rhlorr as soon as they see his power....as the smallfolk of the BWB did.

Well they could change their hearts for R'hllor, but that's not the issue. It's the likelihood of which is see maybe 5% chance.

Ooooh, I see I see. On the one hand I do see why this could be seen as disrespecting her, I think honestly if she was still with tyrion she would be thrilled that WF was taken from her. she HATES the lannisters and if she is forced to have tyrions kids and then have those kids inherit the north? Somehow I think that would piss her off more then jon getting WF.

And lol, these arguments about whatever george wants to happen happening. ridiculous. Of course whatever he wants to happen will happen. Its too bad nobody knows what he wants to happen at this point. If he wants to make the next two books all about Stannis it will happen, if he wants what I laid out in the op to happen it will. If he wants to kill off every pov in the books and introduce new ones, yeah, that would happen. If he wants to introduce his grandma into the story and make her the one true queen that would happen as well. See the issue with this line of thinking?

Actually, I don't mind him placing Jon before Sansa. I would do the same... But he called her the name I won't repeat in civilized conversation... Until he retracts it, he has no my support... Although I am cheering for him from the bottom of my heart.

And lol, these arguments about whatever george wants to happen happening. ridiculous. Of course whatever he wants to happen will happen. Its too bad nobody knows what he wants to happen at this point. If he wants to make the next two books all about Stannis it will happen, if he wants what I laid out in the op to happen it will. If he wants to kill off every pov in the books and introduce new ones, yeah, that would happen. If he wants to introduce his grandma into the story and make her the one true queen that would happen as well. See the issue with this line of thinking?

I agree... I actually think that there are some restrictions made throughout published installments of ASOIAF that doesn't simply allow "everything"

Ooooh, I see I see. On the one hand I do see why this could be seen as disrespecting her, I think honestly if she was still with tyrion she would be thrilled that WF was taken from her. she HATES the lannisters and if she is forced to have tyrions kids and then have those kids inherit the north? Somehow I think that would piss her off more then jon getting WF.

And lol, these arguments about whatever george wants to happen happening. ridiculous. Of course whatever he wants to happen will happen. Its too bad nobody knows what he wants to happen at this point. If he wants to make the next two books all about Stannis it will happen, if he wants what I laid out in the op to happen it will. If he wants to kill off every pov in the books and introduce new ones, yeah, that would happen. If he wants to introduce his grandma into the story and make her the one true queen that would happen as well. See the issue with this line f thinking?

wow! two whole books about stannis!

" When Asoif becames Rambo" :)

Actually, I don't mind him placing Jon before Sansa. I would do the same... But he called her the name I won't repeat in civilized conversation... Until he retracts it, he has no my support... Although I am cheering for him from the bottom of my heart.

Was it in clash that this happened? At the meeting with cat? Im trying to remember what he called sansa, was it lady lannister?

Good point, I completely forgot about the winter itself. But I'm pretty sure if there are no enemies in the vicinity he could move his forces around, it will just take longer.

In old times starvation, weather and plague were sometimes a much bigger threat to an army than the enemy. We have seen this several times in the books eg:

Stannis's army starving in the snow

Vic losing half his fleet sailing to Mereen

The Yunkair army being ravaged by plague

King's Landing starving because Renly closed the trade roads

Dany unable to march her army and followers down the Demon Road because she doesn't have enough food

I really hope Martin has a solution to this so the story doesn't slow to a crawl again. Hopefully Manderly has another army with a huge supply of food or the weather eases briefly to allow passage to White Harbour or the Twins.

Was it in clash that this happened? At the meeting with cat? Im trying to remember what he called sansa, was it lady lannister?

Anyone who utters the term "Lady Lannister" while talking about Sansa is no friend of mine.

You do know that last person who did that was banned? I wouldn't recommend that...

It's hilarious how many people admit to trolling around here. At least the OP is subtle about it.

Stannis reminds me of a screenwriting term called the "impressive failure". Basically he's putting a massive, concerted effort into losing. You can't help but admire him even though you know he's doomed.

What the common folk think or want is completely irrelevant to who is in charge of them. This is not a democracy and they have zero say in government. Most of them are too ignorant to even care or understand whats going on, all they care about is food, and safety. King bread. If stannis uses his iron bank money to feed them they want care if hes a "fun sponge.

It is not irrelevant - or have you missed the whole sparrows action. Seen what happened to Cercei for commiting adultery? Imagine what happens to Stannis for being a heretic. Stannis has few followers, and would have fewer if he ever went south. Who should follow him and why? The sparrows seem to do a pretty decent job handling some of the problems at the moment and the south is yet far from starving. And you contradict yourself: If the common people are totally irrelevant, why should giving them bread change anything? As for the fun sponge: it's quite clear that there is little to no love for Stannis in the south from people with influence either. Stannis is great where he is, at the wall, doing things others don't. But no, he is not gonna go south and will never be king, I'm sorry.

Archived