College Football Week 7: Upset Special edition

Kalbear

So USC is sending 50-53 players to tomorrow's home game against the Utes.

And we're somehow favored by 6.5.

That's insane, If I wasn't morally opposed to betting against my team, I'd go make a lot of money.

Ivan Maisel also mentioned in his podcast that the 50 guys left on the team are it. He was at practice this week and there are no walkons, he said he'd never seen a practice field so empty.

So USC is sending 50-53 players to tomorrow's home game against the Utes.

And we're somehow favored by 6.5.

That's insane, If I wasn't morally opposed to betting against my team, I'd go make a lot of money.

Ivan Maisel also mentioned in his podcast that the 50 guys left on the team are it. He was at practice this week and there are no walkons, he said he'd never seen a practice field so empty.

If I bet Utah and they don't cover, then you have to pay half. It would only be fair.

Utah is a lot better at home than they are on the road, though. They get the altitude and crowd advantages, and there's no opposing crowd to rattle their young QB.

I'm a little worried. We're missing Cajuste, who's been the #2/possession WR, our kicker is out and nobody wants to see a backup who missed his first FG attempt last week on the road; Henry Anderson is still out on the Dline (though OSU has showed zero propensity to run, getting after Mannion is going to be really important).

I think we match up well vs. OSU, but I hate when we play in Corvalis,

Also, I'd just like to whine for a second about the fact that for what I'm pretty sure is the third time in four fucking games (maybe the third in five), that our kickoff is at 10 PM EST or later. And this one (and at least one of the other ones) is a ranked-vs-ranked game! Who the fuck is scheduling this nonsense?

Beginning of the season, it looked like that despite an easy in-conference schedule, we (Va Tech) were probably headed for a bad loss against Miami. It doesn't seem like such a given now, although they do keep finding ways to not lose and maybe that pileup of W's is all that matters.

Even considering the inferior competition, Florida State looks amazing.

FSU looks like they want to make sure that no one questions where they are in the rankings...still really early, but up 21 1/2 way through the 1st is impressive regardless of who they are playing.

ETA: and they're getting good defense too - great forced fumble.

FSU looks like they want to make sure that no one questions where they are in the rankings...still really early, but up 21 1/2 way through the 1st is impressive regardless of who they are playing.

ETA: and they're getting good defense too - great forced fumble.

This team is really good. With Winston, I don't ever feal they'll have one of their patented let down games. He's not inconsistent like Ponder and Manuel were.

This team is really good. With Winston, I don't ever feal they'll have one of their patented let down games. He's not inconsistent like Ponder and Manuel were.

Gotta agree - this would have been the game it would happen after the massive win, but (granted, 8 minutes in) this team looks like they want 50 in the first quarter.

Turned on FSU against just in time to see them successfully fake punt. I guess they're entitled to that since they didn't run up the score for almost the entire second quarter. ETA: Maybe they've been getting Alabama's scores, they seem to be staying exactly one TD ahead.

Losing to Duke 6-0. Can't seem to get worked up about it. If we lose and beat Miami, it won't matter. If we win and don't beat Miami, it won't matter. There's pretty much no way this game can mean as much to us as to Duke, whose next win is for a bowl game.

The misconception about Logan Thomas, I believe now, is that he'd be smart in football, probably because he comes across as intelligent enough as a person. I think it turned out that he simply isn't that smart in the game.

Turned on FSU against just in time to see them successfully fake punt. I guess they're entitled to that since they didn't run up the score for almost the entire second quarter. ETA: Maybe they've been getting Alabama's scores, they seem to be staying exactly one TD ahead.

That's where it is tough and I'm ok with them (or any other team in the same situation) going for it on a 4th and 2 or faking a punt. Yes, it means they might score again but it's also a chance to run those plays at game speed against another team

Archived