The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Alia of the knife

Favourite part of the episode was Carl unleashed. I think it's great and disturbing how he's almost the gang's secret weapon - like an even shorter Wolverine or Hulk. You jut have to be careful as he may kill people too.

definitely. i was like, "there it is. there's that carlness"

definitely. i was like, "there it is. there's that carlness"

And the fact that earlier in the episode he was itching to be let loose and basically said "you have let me help at some point, dad". When Rick collected him it was like summoming a demon :)

Favourite part of the episode was Carl unleashed. I think it's great and disturbing how he's almost the gang's secret weapon - like an even shorter Wolverine or Hulk. You jut have to be careful as he may kill people too.

:lol: Django Unchained, Hercules Unbound, Release the Kraken!

CARL UNLEASHED!!

Sorta beats all of them, wouldn't you say?

Exactly why I was saying it's all been filler till now. ..even the deadly disease turns out to be toothless. Seriously Glenn was 5 seconds from death! ! How the fuck did ABs save him? ? Does TWD take place in the distant future where meds=magic? ?

It's secretly a videogame.

When Rick told Maggie to go check when they heard the gunshot inside and Maggie said "You can't do this alone" and Rick said "I know", anyone knew or guess he was going to get Carl?

For me at that point I was just absorbed in the show and not thinking hard about what Rick's options were, but I remember half-thinking Rick was being defeatist and ready to sacrifice himself keeping the defenses up and then saved by a last minute return of Daryl's group.

I didn't think he was going to get Carl, then he did and it became all kinds of awesome.

I suppose you can wave away the magicillin with just accepting that they always do that on TV or that in a world where the dead rise, there's also some sort of medicine / disease combo that works like that. Either way, they needed to end the plague, so they used some sort of drug concoction. I'm fine with that.

What I'm not fine with is the fact that they're starting to rely on stupidity to advance the plot again. Even if you can excuse them not reinforcing the fence after it was breached the first time due to lack of manpower or whatever, there is no excuse for not keeping the cell doors in the sick ward closed. You've got a situation where there is actually a high likely that people are going to die. In fact, there was already a zombie breakout in the prison once.

So, not only did they not learn anything from the fence (or did, but couldn't do anything about it), but they didn't learn anything from the last time people died inside the prison, came back, and killed lots of people. Hell, Herschel even walked right past an obviously dead, soon-to-be zombie and didn't bother to slam the door short on his way over to Glen. He's really lucky she didn't get up and eat him while he was bagging Glen.

They could have still had some flu-zombies attack while looking at least a bit smarter, too. Show them taking the proper precautions of keeping the cells closed, but then have one rise while they're trying to cart it into the back to head-stab it. Then maybe that one guy comes out to help and his zombie roommate comes out, it cascades a bit and gets them the same results.

All of that being said, while this may have been a weaker episode than the last few, it was still better than a lot of previous seasons. I'll reserve judgement on the Governor until we see what they do with him...

What happens if you say Carl's name five times in front of the mirror?

Headshot.

:lol: Django Unchained, Hercules Unbound, Release the Kraken!

CARL UNLEASHED!!

Sorta beats all of them, wouldn't you say?

I think he's up there with such forces of nature.

When Rick told Maggie to go check when they heard the gunshot inside and Maggie said "You can't do this alone" and Rick said "I know", anyone knew or guess he was going to get Carl?

I knew but the anticipation was still cool. He's like the A-team "if you need to kill a Zombie and you know where to find him". There's no "i" in "Z-team" though.

Like others have said it would be fun if we ever got to see an adult Carl in a next gen "walking dead" (unless he loses his shit). A lot of his scenes with his dad these days are like he's the father-figure.

Again? I hadn't noticed them stopping.

Drives me crazy. I complain and complain and complain. In a world such as this one, people can be smart and still run into major issues.

Why they have to continue to do the dumbest things possible to create conflict is absurd.

I am hoping the spinoff employs much smarter writers. I am afraid they won't spend the money. They seem to hate giving Walking Dead any money for the budget. I am sure the spinoff will have the same problems.

It originated from Star Trek but it has evolved beyond that show and for years has been a term allotted to characters that face peril and often die to show the danger the main characters are in. There's even a book written about the concept, I think. It's widely understood as a trope and I don't think this show needs its own designation (in my opinion).

Also, I am still watching. I thought the moments with Hershel were great, I just despise how stupid characters STILL act. Drama and tension and action do not always have to evolve out of moronic acts. CLOSE THE DOORS. Ugh. I liked the moment when Maggie had to make a choice with shooting the zombie and saving her dad and possibly ruining the bag that would save Glen. There should be more moments of difficult choices - some that work out (like this one did) and others that don't and the characters face repercussions from it.

Also, god I could give two shits if Rick died. Really, he's become one of the most uninteresting leads ever. And was Tyreese this much of a wackjob in the books, cause I had heard everyone was looking forward to him and he's just annoying as heck.

I just go along for the ride and accept the stupidity, characters have to be extra mega stupid for it to bother me. With the baseline stupidity of the show, the fortification neglect just didn't get to that level for me.

Also the show can get tiresome if the stupidity is combined with annoying characters - Andrea, Lori - or boring - much of season 2.

It originated from Star Trek but it has evolved beyond that show and for years has been a term allotted to characters that face peril and often die to show the danger the main characters are in. There's even a book written about the concept, I think. It's widely understood as a trope and I don't think this show needs its own designation (in my opinion).

Fair enough that works for me. I had just never heard of uses before out side of Star Trek.

When I see red shirts on the walking dead I usually just think zombie food.

Fair enough that works for me. I had just never heard of uses before out side of Star Trek.

When I see red shirts on the walking dead I usually just think zombie food.

I guess "walking dead" would also work for the redshirts. But I think it's a common term nowadays for any new character that turns up with few lines and then goes on a mission/adventure with well known characters and dies. I think family guy (among others) have parodied it quite well.

Archived