About Brandon's Bastards?

hardhome

I remember in some thread mentioned that GRRM had confirmed that all "Stark children" of that generation were wargs. Some people have even argued that R+L=J is not denied in this affirmation. But I'm pretty sure that means any children of Brandon's would also be wargs. And I'm pretty sure that Brandon was confirmed to have bastards as well, making them wargs as well.

Given GRRM's specific differentiation of wargs from other skinchangers do you think this may play an important role in the story to come, or not.

I might be misremembering.

I think anyone can be Warg or more specially SkinChangers if you are teached, and having a magical beast at your side is the shortway to wake this power.

Stark kids have bonded with their direwolf because they are warg, or the stark kid are warg because they had diewolfs?

I think GRRM said something like Brandon had the opportunity to have had bastards (read: he slept around), but as far as I know he's never said that Brandon actually had any bastards. Opportunity does not mean he fathered any.

Found it:

It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children. It's established in the books that he was no virgin. He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited. But what's absolutely clear is that he had no legitimate children.

I'm not seeing any real confirmation here.

Robb and Sansa never really showed any strong warg powers (and we don't know much about Rickon), and GRRM said the Stark kid's powers vary wildly. Bran and Arya are full skinchangers (not just warging into wolves).

Jon so far has only showed warging powers with Ghost, not other animals...but I do think the whole Varamyr chapter was supposed to teach us something **foreshadowing**

I think GRRM was referring to the "current generation" of the Stark children we know about. I don't think it would make sense to throw a warging Brandon bastard into the mix.

I think anyone can be Warg or more specially SkinChangers if you are teached, and having a magical beast at your side is the shortway to wake this power.

Stark kids have bonded with their direwolf because they are warg, or the stark kid are warg because they had diewolfs?

The boy looked at the bowl uncertainly. “What is it?”
“A paste of weirwood seeds.”
Something about the look of it made Bran feel ill. The red veins were only weirwood sap, he
supposed, but in the torchlight they looked remarkably like blood. He dipped the spoon into the paste,
then hesitated. “Will this make me a greenseer?”
Your blood makes you a greenseer,” said Lord Brynden. “This will help awaken your gifts and
wed you to the trees.”

If Brandon had a bastard my money's on Domeric Bolton, who is dead, so being a warg would have no significance. IMO, his role in the plot would be to explain other characters motivations and backstory.

I agree with this one. I am suspecting Domeric's talent with riding partially comes from his skinchanging unsconsciously into the horse.

According to Bloodraven - “Only one man in a thousand is born a skinchanger”

Archived