Fast Food Reviews

Sci-2

Let's see, in the Salt Lake City Metro Area,

Dude, come on. No mention of Crown Burger? For shame, that place is awesome. Hire's Big H beats them on fries, but they aren't very fast.

I have come to appreciate Chik-fil-a's nuggets. Those are pretty good. I hate biscuits so I don't understand the love of their biscuits.

Wendy's had a chibatta burger a few months back that was really good. I miss it, but it is probably for the best that they don't have it anymore. I still like their regular hamburgers best.

I eat a Mcdonalds about twice a year and greatly enjoy it both times. There is just something nostalgic about it.

I know Del Taco's are only in some western states, which is sad because the rest of you are missing out. Everything about them beats Taco Bell. And they have churros.

There's no such thing as decent fast food chain Mexican restaurants. Go to the taco truck parked on the corner to get good, fast Mexican food. Anything by a chain is just overpriced crap slathered in sour cream and lettuce, and wrapped in cellophane.

Del Taco is not about getting decent Mexican food. It is about getting decent fast food. I love how I can get a couple of tacos and fries plus some fried cheesecake for dessert. Yeah, it is not a taco truck, but it is special in its own way.

Del Taco is not about getting decent Mexican food. It is about getting decent fast food. I love how I can get a couple of tacos and fries plus some fried cheesecake for dessert. Yeah, it is not a taco truck, but it is special in its own way.

Fried cheesecake???

Damnit, I'd written a long review of all the obscure fast-food places in town (including Datepalm's reaction to Adana's kebab: "Blonde girls making kebab is just wrong!") but the board ate it.

You poor dear...anything and everything can and should be fried, for its deep-fried goodness shall bless you to the end of your (admittedly shortened) days, sayeth the Lard.

When I was in Scotland recently I finally made the plunge ...

... and had a deep friend Mars Bar.

Heard about them for years, never had one. Got to say, it didn't live up to the hype.

But deep friend Haggis is surprisingly tasty and a good fast food treat (that will kill you).

In-n-Out...that is all.

forgot the review.

in n out: for when you want potato sticks instead of fries

best deal you'll find: steak n shake. $4 for a burger and fry. the burger can be a double cheeseburger or a triple with no cheese. and its good. better than mcdonalds, etc. on the same level as in n out.

heres the best fast food advice you will ever find. if you are on the road, (especially in northern VA/DC) see if you will go past an elevation. its a bit pricier, its fast casual, on the price scale of 5 guys. but it blows 5 guys, burger fi, shake shack, etc, away. not too many of them but you wont regret it

I have to be honest, I've never had a deep-friend anything that was better than straight up deep fried dough. There's a purity to a good funnel cake or zeppole that these deep friend snack food abominations simply don't have. These junk foods are not designed to be deep fried, and they usually end up a mushy mess and ruin the integrity of the delicious fried dough.

There's no such thing as decent fast food chain Mexican restaurants.

It isn't a chain but Tito's Tacos in LA comes damn close.

forgot the review.

Don't love the fries...now a double double with grilled onions on the other hand? That is best in class.

I have to be honest, I've never had a deep-friend anything that was better than straight up deep fried dough. There's a purity to a good funnel cake or zeppole that these deep friend snack food abominations simply don't have. These junk foods are not designed to be deep fried, and they usually end up a mushy mess and ruin the integrity of the delicious fried dough.

Yesterday I had six zeppoles for lunch.

Fried cheesecake???

It is super rich, but good for a few bites. Not something I want all the time, but I enjoyed it the one time I had it.

When I was in Scotland recently I finally made the plunge ...

... and had a deep friend Mars Bar.

Heard about them for years, never had one. Got to say, it didn't live up to the hype.

But deep friend Haggis is surprisingly tasty and a good fast food treat (that will kill you).

I'm not a huge fan of deep frying things just to have something deep fried. Usually when I've had a deep fried anything, it good for a bite or two, but deep fried oreos are really good and you will want to eat more than you should.

forgot the review.

I really like In-N-Outs burgers, but not a fan of the fries. I know someone will come in to say that it is because they are real potatoes, blah blah blah. But, I have had really good fries made from real fresh potatoes and they don't suck ass like In-N-Out's. Yes, I've had them animal style. Still not good.

After serendipitously stumbling upon a Chipotle in Paris (when did that happen?), I had my first taste.. and I must admit I was impressed.

Chipotle is pretty good as far as burrito joints go, and we have the first one here in Denver at Evans and Gilpin so I'm inclined to support them on principle, but they put fucking cilantro in the rice. I want rice in my burrito, and I have a ridiculously-common genetic condition (25% of all humans) that makes cilantro completely inedible to me. Yes, I realize that the other 75% of all humans love the shit out of it, but how fucking hard is it to separate the fucking cilantro?

After serendipitously stumbling upon a Chipotle in Paris (when did that happen?), I had my first taste.. and I must admit I was impressed.

This is the only place still on my fast food list (unless my son wants a hot apple pie after karate, then it McD's)

I love Chipotle. I don't eat the chips or rice any more, get extra grilled veggies and extra meat. (usually chicken)

Archived