Fast Food Reviews

Sci-2

The last few times I've been to mcdonalds (one of the few places open until the early hours of the morning, perfect for when drunk and in town) have served chicken burgers instead of veggie burgers, like, the last three times, what the fuck - serves me right for being a vegetarian and eating in a place like mcdonalds, mind

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly Dunkin is failing me.

Brownie Batter Doughnut is delicious, and Reduced Fat Blueberry Muffin is decent enough, but the Eggs Benedict and Chicken Biscuit sandwiches were both really disappointing.

In the cast case of the latter there was a weird plastic taste to the chicken. Additionally my hashbrowns had the same weird taste, I guess it's freezer burn but it made me wonder if it was spoiled. :stillsick:

Sadly Dunkin is failing me.

Brownie Batter Doughnut is delicious, and Reduced Fat Blueberry Muffin is decent enough, but the Eggs Benedict and Chicken Biscuit sandwiches were both really disappointing.

In the cast case of the latter there was a weird plastic taste to the chicken. Additionally my hashbrowns had the same weird taste, I guess it's freezer burn but it made me wonder if it was spoiled. :stillsick:

Secret to Dunkin is the bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel, if the bagels are warm just have it like that, if they're not have them toast it. Their hashbrowns suck, and they changed the coffee recipe about 5 years ago. I only get the hot chocolate now and add either whiskey or espresso. On the few times a year i'm hungover this sandwich is my lembas.

• 5 months later...

What Is America’s Worst Restaurant Chain?

Is recently bankrupted Sbarro America's least essential (chain) restaurant? Justin Peters, writing at Slate, makes a very strong case for the affirmative. He cites:

1. The lack of a distinctive signature food item.

2. The fact that it's expensive, relatively speaking—a slice of pizza ran him $3.49. And of course:

3. Pizza that's doughy and overly sweet, and mediocre by-the-book Americanized pasta. (In Sbarro's defense, the genre-defining Fat Boys video "All You Can Eat" was filmed there.)

Fat Boys aside, Peters makes a plausible argument. Speaking personally, I'd make two counternominations for the least essential chain. White Castle gets my first big no-vote. Why?

• 3 weeks later...

Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Selection:

Pumpkin Coffee- Decent. You won't be wowed but if you like the flavors options they have year round this is worth a try.

Pumpkin Pie Doughnut - Just seemed to be a regular doughnut with creme inside with food coloring and a little pumpkin spice. The doughnut was too sweet, and the sugar masked the pumpkin spice taste.

Pumpkin Doughnut - Much better than the Pumpkin Pie Doughnut. Actually can taste the pumpkin spice since it was in the dough rather than just the cream center. Also didn't have that nauseating sweetness.

eta:

Secret to Dunkin is the bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel, if the bagels are warm just have it like that, if they're not have them toast it. Their hashbrowns suck, and they changed the coffee recipe about 5 years ago. I only get the hot chocolate now and add either whiskey or espresso. On the few times a year i'm hungover this sandwich is my lembas.

Damn I missed this, or I read it but didn't visit DD for months. Will try - thanks!

I've been pretty much living on the Wendy's BBQ Ranch and Apple Pecan chicken salads all summer long. It's my main meal like 4 nights a week. I usually add red onions, baby carrots, and a couple hard boiled eggs. I love the Marzetti's pomegranate vinaigrette dressing that come with it. And I've dropped 50+ pounds since February. :)

I've been pretty much living on the Wendy's BBQ Ranch and Apple Pecan chicken salads all summer long. It's my main meal like 4 nights a week. I usually add red onions, baby carrots, and a couple hard boiled eggs. I love the Marzetti's pomegranate vinaigrette dressing that come with it. And I've dropped 50+ pounds since February. :)

Whoah - Nice work dude!

I had the Fritos Burrito with chicken at Taco Bell. It was decent, so long as its equal to or cheaper than a regular burrito I'd maintain interest.

Whoah - Nice work dude!

I had the Fritos Burrito with chicken at Taco Bell. It was decent, so long as its equal to or cheaper than a regular burrito I'd maintain interest.

The cheesy bean and rice has my interest in the same way. It is a dollar? Why the hell not? Good for days I simply must get away from my coworkers.

Chippy down the road does excellent chips; so much so that i disdainfully walked past the closest chippy which chips are sub-par, very drunk, wearing heels so my feet are killing me just to walk the extra few minutes to get chips. Nowbi have finished them and i am sad.

Chippy down the road does excellent chips; so much so that i disdainfully walked past the closest chippy which chips are sub-par, very drunk, wearing heels so my feet are killing me just to walk the extra few minutes to get chips. Nowbi have finished them and i am sad.

I am not keen on fish and chips.

Used to be an Indian fast food place just outside the college I went to. Chicken madras in a huge Naan, fantastic, it was also next door to my favourite pub for a lunch time pint or 3.

Archived