Casting in your head, who looked like who?

BitsOfBrains

I want this.

Also, Littlefinger should be played by Liam Neeson. And Ned Stark by Viggo Mortensen.

Christoph Waltz would be an interesting LF, Liam Neeson would have done for The Old Bear. And I quite agree on Mortensen playing Ned, though I'd sonner see him playing Mance.

Unfortunately I watched season 1 before reading the books, so many of my views have been made by the show.

For Areo Hotah I picture Olaf from league of legends (pc game)... for obvious reasons.

I was very pleased with Aiden Gillen for Littlefinger, I saw The Wire way before this so this sneaky, conniving Carcetti was just awesome casting.

For the rest I don't generally use existing persons for my characters, I have a pretty solid visual imagination, especially faces.

Not a character, but I totally discard the visualization of the White Walkers in the show, I honestly can't believe this is how GRRM imagined them, they look like savage barbarians, not even wearing that slick ice armor. I actually tried drawing them, but bc the way I imagine the ice armor I just fail to put it into a drawing...

Do you Charlize Theron for Cersei guys think Charlize could pull off being hateable as Cersei needs to be?? I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Her face seems so friendly and likeable, even in that Monster movie where they messed up her face I was still sympathetic to her

Have you seen "Snowwhite and the Huntsman"? She basically is Cersei there. And yeah she can pull it off. Better than Lena Heady can.

I saw the first season prior to reading the books, so I used picture the main characters like the people portraying them. Strangely, though they have been for the most part dislodged, though for the most part the actors are well cast and are doing a very good job. I think it has to do with the departures from the characters in the book. This is particularly true for secondary characters like Tormund or Edmure where I can't think of the actors as the characters.

The one who is spot on and won't be dislodged is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The dude is Jaime.

I think Lena's pretty damn good at it, how she holds her nose in the air and that "I'm better than you" stare

Exactly. I don't know why many people criticize her performance, I think she's fantastic. Any differences to the book character are due to the direction, not her acting abilities.

I also think that Aiden Gillen would be a pretty perfect Littlefinger, but god have they butchered his character on the show, and god do the directors give him crappy instructions.

I'm pretty bad at imagining faces out of thin air, so many characters look pretty undefined or like pictures I've seen somewhere. :(

I think Lena's pretty damn good at it, how she holds her nose in the air and that "I'm better than you" stare

Lena's characteristic smirk is brilliant for Cersei. The way her eyes narrow and her mouth upturns...its just the best shit.

Unfortunately I watched season 1 before reading the books, so many of my views have been made by the show.

Same. But i got some weird thoughts about characters. Like Alfie Allen isnt my Theon. My Theon would be Tom Hiddleston. :B

Jon: Basically Kit Harington in my head, but with a more chiseled jawline and perpetual frown. (which Kit is thankfully adopting!)

Arya: Yeah shes Maisie in my head only a bit younger.

Sansa: She's Sophie Turner but no where near as tall and also younger.

Bran: His show self is who he is in my head. (also younger)

Robb: Is not Richard Madden in my head. I dont know why, but he isnt. I cant actually think of anyone else that would play him though.

Oberyn is Oded Fehr, deal with it.

Tyler Blackburn (with a dye job) is Aegon.

The one who is spot on and won't be dislodged is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The dude is Jaime

Yeah man, yeah.

Before these characters were cast I imagined them like this:

Hugh Laurie as Stannis Baratheon.

Alan Rickman as Balon Greyjoy.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Renly Baratheon.

And I always imagine Morgan Freeman as Brown Ben Plumm. Every time I see Brown Ben's face in some fan made draw, It always reminds me of Morgan.

Alexander Skaarsgard as Rhaegar Targaryen.

Oh please don't get me off subject. If I ever saw him in person I'd lose my mind!

I am disappointed with Theon. I definitely imagined someone more attractive. But I started watching the show around the time I was reading, so I do envision them as the actors that play them upon re-reading.

Except Ramsay. Come on. He's not supposed to be in the least bit attractive!

No prabs. But seriously, Rickman would be the best damn Roose ever. Im actually a bit sad that he wasnt Roose now that i think on it. Perhaps its for the best. Having an awkward lady boner for Roose would be...weird. Alan Rickman..he moves my mountains...

His voice is damn perfect for Roose. Low, and yet menacing. I actually think he's more Roose than Severus

Archived