Is the Destruction of the Lannister Line Inevitable?

ChaosImprisonateMe

As of now the Lannisters are responsible for Westeros even though they don't have the support they want. I guess that the question that comes into play is what happens if Dany comes to Westeros with her force? The way I see it is that a lot of the families will either stay neutral or ally with Dany. The problem I see with the Lannisters is the fact that they did a lot of attrocities against the Targaryns.

What happens after Dany should take King's Landing is another story entirely. It could be said that the story changes if Dany is forced to go up North to face the threat of the Others, however it seems a bit farfetched that her army would be used to those conditions.

Do you think a peace could be made with the other families should they maintain their rule?

I'm skeptical about that. Obviously it is possible in a vague sense. I feel if Sansa took power in the North for example she seems to have heart to do so.

Depends what station they're given.

Almost certaintly I think they'll lose the Iron Throne, maybe even Casterly Rock. But they have many branches and holdings (like the Lannisport-Lannisters) so I'd be surprised if they were completely extinguished.

If Dany's force doesn't fall apart I feel they will definitely cause a blow to the Lannisters, whether they come victorious or not. Its because of this it seems that they would gather their power to fight off the blow.

Do you think Dany has it in for the Lannisters, or do you think her ambitions force her to think above that?

I don't see the Lannisters holding onto the throne at all. I don't know who will hold it, but I predict a not-a-Lannister. The family is fine, Cersei and her brood are doomed. Jaime - I don't see him making it out either, and if he does squeak by, he'll live a quiet life somewhere. Tyrion's fortune is tied to Dany, so I want to see good things for him. My 2 cents.

"As of now the Lannisters are responsible for Westeros even though they don't have the support they want."

Actually they're kind of not. The Lannister Regent is dead, clearing the way for the Tyrells to easily take over the regency. Tywin and Kevan are dead. Jaime is no politician and may be dead or doomed. Cersei would have to work faster and smarter than she is capable of to return to power. It's the roses for now, and since they were Targ loyalists, Dany probably won't be harsh with them even if she should conquer.

"The problem I see with the Lannisters is the fact that they did a lot of attrocities against the Targaryns."

The CR Lannisters did. The family has many branches. Those responsible for the deaths of Rhaegar, Elia and her children are all dead (well, one may be dead-ish). If Dany were to get her hands on Jaime, I suppose his fate would rest on whether Dany knew/believed the truth about her father by then.

"It could be said that the story changes if Dany is forced to go up North to face the threat of the Others, however it seems a bit farfetched that her army would be used to those conditions."

Dragons are probably useful in cold climates.

"I feel if Sansa took power in the North for example she seems to have heart to do so."

Based on what? We are never given any clue as to her thoughts on LF's HH scheme.

It think the Cersei-Jaime line will be destroyed completely, but the whole family won't be extinguished.

Its pretty much a given at this point, I think Gerion, Lancel or Tyrek will end up as the head of the house, Tyrion will occupy CR for a time but will die most likely at the vengeful hands of a Lannister like Lancel.

It think the Cersei-Jaime line will be destroyed completely, but the whole family won't be extinguished.

And I base this on my belief that Lancel will regain his sense of loyalty to his house but still retain his new found faith and be a very pious lord of CR, a completely 360 from Tywin at the beginning of the story.

I think Gerion Lannister will return and claim the CR.

I think he would do that only if all the Lannister siblings died along with Cersei children, Kevan's family, and Tygett is confirmed dead. Also, if Tyrion has a daughter she would have to give up her claim to CR, likely if she wants to marry a Lord Paramount (Rickon). Long story short, I see Gerion being Lord of CR in ADoS Epilogue.

Agreed, Cersei's line will be extinguished. Although, I think Jaime might have a bastard son by Brienne.

Even if Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion bite the bucket and Lancel renounces his claim to join the faith, there is still Kevan Lannister's children: Martyn and Janei. Tygett Lannister's son, Tyrek, may still be alive and is brought up as recently as aFFC. There are also some Freys that are grandchildren of Genna Lannister. And those are just the Lannisters listed on the wiki.

Archived