Addicted

BastardlyRock

Just the last 24 hours:
-Last evening my daughter and I were playing with building blocks. Two of the blocks had eyes painted on them. One block was green the other red. "Oh, just like the greenseer CotF!" I thought.
-This morning during coffee break the gossiping was about some woman (I can't recall who she was, and what was the point of the story) looking quite young, but having white hair. My reply was: "Maybe she has Targ blood."

I'm the only one who reads the novels at my house, but my sister (who's a little too young to read them) wants to know all about them, so I happily oblige :) Whenever she doesn't understand something from her history class, I explain it trough ASOIAF parallels, which tends to help :p

Well and truly addicted. I can turn any conversation into one about ASOIAF. My husband is driven mad by it. lol. He's show only and I'm desperate for him to read the books. I got a friend reading them too but she's reading slow and I'm frustrated I want to talk to her about it as a whole. I can't wait till she is done and our chats are no longer interspersed with, wait oh no you won't have got to that bit yet.

My husband and sister are slow readers too.

Last week I accidentally spoilered something for my sister that the show hadn't covered yet (in my defense they aired the episode with it that night) but we're even because she told me something about the show that isn't in the books. She is reading the books, she's just way behind. She hasn't even gotten to Ned's death yet.

My all time favorite almost spoiler though was a brilliant post I did on something ASOIAF-related that I wanted to my husband to read. I remembered at the last minute that it covered things from the later books and stopped him from reading it. Close call there. :read:

Since reading the books last year (and re-reading them a couple of times!), I can't hear the instructions for "Breath of Fire" (Kapalabhti pranayama) without feeling like a dragon. :D

I also find myself noticing alcohol that relates to ASOIAF when I shop. My favourite rum is now The Kraken Black Tar Spiced Rum. I also drank more glögg (Swedish for spiced wine) than I normally due over the winter, and I'm pretty sure I agree with Show!Tyrion's adage, "Everything's better with a bellyful of wine"). :cheers:

My friends and family who remain Unsullied (or sweet summer children) just roll their eyes and get exasperated when I link conversational topics to ASOIAF. I put a secondhand copy of A Game of Thrones in my boyfriend's company vehicle in the hopes that he'll start reading it one day while he's on a break (and then get hooked!).

Phew! close call. LOL. Yes my friend isn't even at neds death yet either! Its driving me batty.

Oh, that would drive me nuts, how long have you been waiting for someone to get to Ned's death?

My husband could probably top everyone in here for frustration when it comes to sharing and reading something. Although, my heart goes out to the above poster whose wife stopped halfway through ASOS. Anyway, my husband read all the first 6 Potter books, with my daughter and myself, usually me in the lead, I'm the speed reader. Well, STILL......my husband refused to read the LAST BOOK!! Can you imagine, not finishing a series, and having it rightthereontopofyouwaitingtoberead? I don't get it. He does it to spite me, well, he's Gemini and truly, one half of him is an evil twin, I'm just not sure which is the real guy, ya know? Then again, as much as I think it is about spiting me and not having to discuss it with me, LOL (my daughter just brought this up last night between all three of us), part of me thinks it's about all deaths. He was FURIOUS at ME for taking him to Titanic. His words; Gee, thanks. Beautiful story, she lied, she let go, he died, speaking for Poor Jack, he says: Thanks for fucking nothing. ROFL!!

Can you imagine though, all these years later, yes......he's seen the last HP films but never finished the books. I think he doesn't want to feel it, ya know? ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh He drives me crazy.

And to the OP, yeah.......addict, I'm here, aren't I? LOL

Nope, I have to much too read and too much going on in real life, to get a "Ice-and Fire-Addiction".

I love the books and read them 3 times (I think) since 2007, I love all those theories and I love talking about the books, but there are things that are more important.

For me, an addiction is something that keeps you from doing important things and I think I've never neglected something because of the series.

There are tons of books I like more and I'm not even "addicted" to them...

I can't watch/read Iron Man or anything related, without stopping half way through to re-read ASOIAF.

it must take you months just to complete a single issue of iron man :O

I am frustrated because i cant convince any of my damn friends to read the books.They keep calling the show so good but they dont want to go indepth...which is damn frustrating........"READ THE DAMN BOOKS ULL BE REWARDED TENFOLD "..."Sorry bro,the show is great and i dont like books which might contain alot of descriptions etc...".....

I just hate that i aint got anyone close to discuss indepth asoiaf world...if this forum didnt exist..i wouldve exploded .

Um, this thing of ours can't be entirely healthy, right? It's a fixation. Real world things don't remind me of the books, though. My problem is that everything reminds me of something Nick Miller has said or done on Fox's sitcom New Girl. Like the other day I thought I had a new idea for kitchen drawer handles that were actual hands (HANDles), so that when you reached out to open the drawer you'd be shaking hands with it like a buddy. But then this idea started giving me deja vu, and now I'm wondering if this was really a Nick idea from a previous episode and I just forgot that.

So I figured this is the best topic to have a first post. I have read the books multiple times and watch the show.

I am watching the little mermaid, with my girlfriend and her son, and when King Triton was introduced.... I may have said "First of his name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." My girlfriend (show watcher only) just stared at me for a second. Followed by a sigh, and an obligatory "nerd".

The other day I bought a bag of potato chips because the bag said "Tyrrell's".

Hi everyone, first post!

So I figured this is the best topic to have a first post. I have read the books multiple times and watch the show.

I am watching the little mermaid, with my girlfriend and her son, and when King Triton was introduced.... I may have said "First of his name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." My girlfriend (show watcher only) just stared at me for a second. Followed by a sigh, and an obligatory "nerd".

Welcome to you both! You're in good company here. :D

You know you're addicted when you start rooting for Wolverhampton in their match against Bolton Wanderers, even though you know zero players on either side.

Now Wolverhampton is one of my favorite teams and they've just won won the Football League One title to get promoted to Championship after getting relegated twice consecutively......... FORESHADOWING MUCH?? :drool:

- I called a man at work Ramsay not once but twice yesterday (His name is Ryan & he is a very nice guy absolutely no connection to Ramsay other than the 'R' name)

- My husband read the books too & loves them but I have driven him insane talking about them

- My mom is a show watcher only so every week I harass her about what she thinks is going to happen next. After the episode before last:

Me: "So... Who do you think is going to be Tyrion's champion."

Her: "That guy that fought for him before. Isn't he like his designated fighter guy? Like his body guard or something?" (Bronn)

I have no one to have intelligent conversation with except on these forums! Lol

After me explaining to her Bronn didn't have to be Tyrion's champion she suggested it would be Jaime. Then made me tell her who it was. She didn't know who Oberyn was, so I explained. She said "Oh, that Mexican looking guy that sleeps with everyone?!"

:bang:

Archived