TTTNE 432: All Your Little Fingers Are Belong To Spam

TGIF!

Good day my lovelies :kiss:

I have herbs drying in the dehydrator. Starting with the rosemary, then basil, thyme and oregano.

It is weights day. We skipped on Monday, but I am not allowing any more missed days :P

We only have 2 more weeks of karate class, then I think we will do some kickboxing until it starts back up again (should be around September 9th, but no class information yet, so 3 weeks, I guess...this is our longest break)

Just saw the Bertha update. I don't think it is headed Zar's way as it looks to stay off the east coast (Bermuda area, not into the Caribbean Local news can be more egocentric than a teenager :lol: On the more detailed report, now they mentioned it heading to Lannister Lands BEFORE heading to Bermuda :lol:

Stay safe Zar

(got out my old POS laptop so I can edit if I have to now, but still using the newer POS laptop 'cause this one is so slow) (had to get it because my word processor isn't working so I can't access my resume on the other computer)

There is going to be an American version of BBCA's "Broadchurch" I don't know if I would watch it.

:o

It was ITV that did broadchurch. It was really good though...this is the one with David Tennant right?

Just saw the Bertha update. I don't think it is headed Zar's way as it looks to stay off the east coast (Bermuda area, not into the Caribbean Local news can be more egocentric than a teenager :lol: On the more detailed report, now they mentioned it heading to Lannister Lands BEFORE heading to Bermuda :lol:

Stay safe Zar

Good day Lany!

You had me very confused there for a while, I was checking the reports on Bertha. Time to fasten the canoe in Lannisport! :(

Bingo!

I noticed you don't say which plane. Yeah, it is rather infamous more than famous now. Certainly not something I'm proud of as a 'Murcan,

Yeah, I know which plane it was. It just makes me sad to think about it.

Thanks Lany,

I did see Bertha make was given her name out last night. Hurricane tracker says its unlikely Bertha will become a hurricane (was promoted straight to Tropical Storm).

It's too early on to predict Bertha's track correctly, but my experience is that storms that start with so close to the South American coast are likelier to hit the Larger Islands.

I mean, for the curious about these buddies (cyclones)

They can form any-time in the year, but have a preference for warm waters (which is why you hear about them late in the summer, mostly).

In the North Atlantic they start as

TROPICAL WAVES (Low Fronts) which, if the condititions are favorable for them, then turn to TROPICAL DEPRESSIONS, and then if the wind speed is measured to be steady close to but not 40 mph, then they're given a name of a cyclical list... Otherwise they're just given a number. The TROPICAL STORM is the next step up.... they're only called HURRICANES if the sustained speed is above 75 mph. They key is the word sustained... as a "tropical storm" can have wind gusts fare above that limit, but it's rarely sustained.

Hello, guys! =o)

I hope you are all doing great?

@ HC: Enola Gay rings a bell with me. Not only because of the OMD title of the same name. ;o)

The weather is fine over here, and I'm looking forward to the pipe regulars' table this evening. :smug:

A review for Guardians (I may have to go see it):http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/movies/chris-pratt-stars-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy.html?emc=edit_fm_20140801&nl=movies&nlid=59013696&_r=0

Where's my fellow Marvel movie geek, TBB when I need him to help me celebrate something like this?

Zar,

Thanks for all the technical jargon, but what we really want to know (if I may speak for the spamily): are you going to be OK?

I like this view oof the weather because it shows that the seeds of storms like Bertha come off the west coast of Africa constantly (as in 12 months out of the year), only in the summer do they find enough warm water in the Atlantic to bloom, though: http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/AtlanticSatellite.aspx?animate=true

KT I:

Good for you! That song was the first thing that popped into my head when Mrs.C told me the news. I forgot it was OMD, though.

Zar,

Thanks for all the technical jargon, but what we really want to know (if I may speak for the spamily): are you going to be OK?

I don't think Bertha will be much of a hassle? I won't know until the day progresses though. I mean, TS's have a tendency to be nasty because they pour way too much rain in too little time.

Lany! That looks cool! I have a bunch of herbs growing that I need to either dehydrate or freeze. I need to request my dehydrator back from sister. Do you ground them up into spices? And put them in jars?

So groupon had The Fresh Beat Band tickets on sale for $16. My son loves the group. I called husband to tell him and by the time the call ended the tickets sold out :owned:

Anyway, today is Alex's first appt with a child psychologist! I don't think anything is wrong with him, it's mostly for both of us to learn how to deal with husband. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing :)

After that, it's off to the library to find books :commie:

I made blueberry, plain and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (I can't have them) but I will leave some on the snack counter of requirement!

Zar - stay safe!

Mark - I hope your day was busy in a good way?

Tmow - exciting news! Slow & steady is always great!

Edited FER spellinz

zar stay safe!

That sounds pretty!

Perhaps you are too fashionable for your mothers taste :D

*hopes Adara's headache goes away and never comes back!* /gollum voice

No, I'm too "me" for my mom's taste :D

Perhaps it's too "meh" :=P

Mrs. C tells me that the last crew member of the Enola Gay has died. Does that name ring a bell (old farte trivia question here)?

eta

In dumping my notifications from yesterday I came across one from JQC that simply says, "back in 10" - so I guess she's on vacation too. But she has been posting very little lately anyway.

eta #2

Zar I see tropical storm "Bertha" is bearing down on you. Looks like not too bad compared to what you are used to but stay safe, OK?

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=2&type=track

eta #3

Helena - yesterday I looked at the KG reread project linked in your sig line. It looks interesting & I wish I had time to read along.

I think the Enola Gay was one of the planes that dropped certain bombs, that hopefully never will be dropped again. But I'm too lazy to google it right now.

SPAMFAM!

Happy Friday to Lany, hc, Eyron, Adara, Mark, LadyO, Elgernon, Zar, Helena, Kingmaker and everyone else. :grouphug:

L_T :kiss:

*steels one of LadyO's blueberry pancakes at the SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT*

Deliciious! :drool:

Archived