Videogames: The War (for equality) Has Just Begun

Jace, Extat

Ah damnit. I hate horror games.

I'm generally not into horror, but I will say that there have been genuinely creepy moments in other BW games and I think they could make it work well. Specifically I'm referring to Hawke's mother later on in DA2 and the Operation Overlord DLC for ME2.

Ah damnit. I hate horror games.

I'm generally not into horror, but I will say that there have been genuinely creepy moments in other BW games and I think they could make it work well. Specifically I'm referring to Hawke's mother later on in DA2 and the Operation Overlord DLC for ME2.

Not really into horror either, as I've never finished Deadspace 1 or 2, but if BioWare can make a good showing with DA:I, I'll be buying whatever they want to push on me.

Finally got around to finishing off the destiny beta (level 8). It was mostly good, although it felt kind of repetitive - go to this area, shoot up some Fallen, let Ghost do his thing, and go to the next area. Hopefully the full game will have more exploration type missions, and some exposition as well.

So I've just read that GameSpy shut down, and a couple of games of mine that this will affect are Medieval 2 and Rome Total War. Apparently if you have bought these games other that on Steam you can somehow activate them on Steam with your key (or at least the multiplayer feature). Some people think that this will break the mods. And I have two for M2: The Third Age and Stainless Steel. I don't really feel like playing multiplayer battles if I can't command the armies of Gondor and Arnor.

Something strange was going on in Destiny PVP tonight: I wasn't complete shit. In fact, I actually did kind of good. I managed to contribute to my teams victories in a significant manner. Even got up to a 1.88 k/d in one match. Didn't think I'd ever see that.

I don't know if I got better, or if Bungie blowing the Beta wide open just brought in a ton of new players who suck worse than me.

Finally got around to finishing off the destiny beta (level 8). It was mostly good, although it felt kind of repetitive - go to this area, shoot up some Fallen, let Ghost do his thing, and go to the next area. Hopefully the full game will have more exploration type missions, and some exposition as well.

Yeah, the side missions are pretty dull. Just grind quests for Vanguard level it seems. A little disappointing there. But a couple here and there isn't so bad. I've had most of my fun just exploring the world. Helping out random people in firefights. The Public Events are awesome. Or just hanging around the Rocketyard or Skywatch and killing endless hordes of aliens. If you haven't witnessed it, the full out battles that pop up between the Fallen and Hive are a incredible.

I brought my 4th (and final) character up to lvl 8 today. But Old Russia is starting to get a little tired. Can't wait for the full release

Also, make sure to check in tomorrow at 2:00pm PDT. The Moon level will be open, but only for 2 hours.

Assassin's Creed shill here again. Watch this: Assassin's Creed Unity presents: Rob Zombie's French Revolution.

So I've just read that GameSpy shut down, and a couple of games of mine that this will affect are Medieval 2 and Rome Total War. Apparently if you have bought these games other that on Steam you can somehow activate them on Steam with your key (or at least the multiplayer feature). Some people think that this will break the mods. And I have two for M2: The Third Age and Stainless Steel. I don't really feel like playing multiplayer battles if I can't command the armies of Gondor and Arnor.

It probably will, but that happens even with the smallest update or patch to a game. The mod developers would have to put out a patch as well. Also, I think the mods should work on Steamworks because there was a statement about Europa Barbarorum 2 being delayed because of the multiplayer update to Medieval.

With CK2, I'm slowly conquering Ireland now that I have West Africa. Of course, I've had to deal with a decadence revolt (wtf, 80k men who are immune to attrition?! fortunately they spawned on Menorca with no ships), an independence rebellion from a good third of my vassals; who all hate me now, and finally and Irish liberation rebellion that spawned on top of two of my retinues, destroying them.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that I accidentally downed a fleet with 7k retinue on? :tantrum:

Decadence. Irish liberation revolt.

Muslim Ireland?!

Finally got to play the Destiny Beta (360) and I must say, I'm impressed. I was looking forward to this game before, but even more so now. It is just overall really fun to play.

Leveled a gunslinger(I think that is the class) to level 8 now, loved the 3 person devil's den (or whatever it was called) coop level. It really showed what the game could be. Also played a couple of MP matches and that was fun too.

My only gripe, and its seriously a minor one, is that I can't rotate/zoom my character model when creating it. I love to be able to look at all the hair/attachments from every angle.

Can't wait for September now.

Something strange was going on in Destiny PVP tonight: I wasn't complete shit. In fact, I actually did kind of good. I managed to contribute to my teams victories in a significant manner. Even got up to a 1.88 k/d in one match. Didn't think I'd ever see that.

I don't know if I got better, or if Bungie blowing the Beta wide open just brought in a ton of new players who suck worse than me.

Yeah, the side missions are pretty dull. Just grind quests for Vanguard level it seems. A little disappointing there. But a couple here and there isn't so bad. I've had most of my fun just exploring the world. Helping out random people in firefights. The Public Events are awesome. Or just hanging around the Rocketyard or Skywatch and killing endless hordes of aliens. If you haven't witnessed it, the full out battles that pop up between the Fallen and Hive are a incredible.

I brought my 4th (and final) character up to lvl 8 today. But Old Russia is starting to get a little tired. Can't wait for the full release

Also, make sure to check in tomorrow at 2:00pm PDT. The Moon level will be open, but only for 2 hours.

Yeah I like dropping in and helping others clear out some aliens. The most fun I've had is playing with a couple friends (3 man fire team) and going through the mission. It's really fun coordinating everything, especially in hard mode. Haven't been fortunate enough to witness one of those alien battles though.

As for the moon, wasn't that the iron banner gameplay in crucible from yesterday? Or will this new thing include the story mode as well?

Archived