Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

After much thought I've made a decision and finally booked my flights and ferry. Just got the hotels to sort out now.

My flight arrives at Stockholm-Arlanda at 4.30 pm on Mon 22 June

I'm going to take the Con ferry at 7.00 am on Thur 25 June - arrives in Mariehamn at 1.35 pm

Will be returning on the Con ferry at 1.45 pm on Mon 29 June - arrives in Stockholm at 6.15 pm

My return flight is at 5.40 pm on Wed 1 July

So I have three nights in Stockholm before the con and two nights afterwards to book.

If there is anyone else planning to take the Con ferry then I'd consider booking a room at the Scandic Hotel. Rooms sleep up to 3 so it is worth finding people to stay with. Toft I believe you are taking the Con ferry - anyone else?

The hotel I am considering for the rest of my stay is the Freys Hotel (it should be fine so long as there are no weddings!) It is well located, close to the city centre, looks good, is well reviewed and cheaper than most of the hotels in the surrounding area. But it is popular and it seems like they only have a few rooms left for those dates. If anyone would like to share a twin room with me on Mon 22, Tues 23, Mon 29 or Tues 30 - then please let me know ASAP.

I have a rough plan of what I'd like to do each day:

Mon 22 - hopefully meet up with some of you guys for dinner, walk around the city centre in the evening

Tues 23 - museums. I suggest we visit the Vasa Museum late afternoon because I think quite a few people will have arrived by then and would be interested in seeing this. Brewdog bar in the evening

Wed 24 - Drottningholm Palace

Thurs 25-Sun 28 = Archipelacon

Mon 29 - dinner in Stockholm after the ferry gets back, hanging out with whoever is around

Tues 30 - taking the Steamship to Gripsholm Castle

Wed 1 - museums in the morning, out to the airport in the afternoon

That's my plan, such as it is. If anyone would like to join me for any of the above you would be very welcome.

Hi! We heard from Jo, George's assistant, that you would like to have a party in Archipelacon. Could the person/s who will be organizing this contact me at sini at archipelacon dot org

After much thought I've made a decision and finally booked my flights and ferry. Just got the hotels to sort out now.

My flight arrives at Stockholm-Arlanda at 4.30 pm on Mon 22 June

I'm going to take the Con ferry at 7.00 am on Thur 25 June - arrives in Mariehamn at 1.35 pm

Will be returning on the Con ferry at 1.45 pm on Mon 29 June - arrives in Stockholm at 6.15 pm

My return flight is at 5.40 pm on Wed 1 July

So I have three nights in Stockholm before the con and two nights afterwards to book.

If there is anyone else planning to take the Con ferry then I'd consider booking a room at the Scandic Hotel. Rooms sleep up to 3 so it is worth finding people to stay with. Toft I believe you are taking the Con ferry - anyone else?

The hotel I am considering for the rest of my stay is the Freys Hotel (it should be fine so long as there are no weddings!) It is well located, close to the city centre, looks good, is well reviewed and cheaper than most of the hotels in the surrounding area. But it is popular and it seems like they only have a few rooms left for those dates. If anyone would like to share a twin room with me on Mon 22, Tues 23, Mon 29 or Tues 30 - then please let me know ASAP.

I have a rough plan of what I'd like to do each day:

Mon 22 - hopefully meet up with some of you guys for dinner, walk around the city centre in the evening

Tues 23 - museums. I suggest we visit the Vasa Museum late afternoon because I think quite a few people will have arrived by then and would be interested in seeing this. Brewdog bar in the evening

Wed 24 - Drottningholm Palace

Thurs 25-Sun 28 = Archipelacon

Mon 29 - dinner in Stockholm after the ferry gets back, hanging out with whoever is around

Tues 30 - taking the Steamship to Gripsholm Castle

Wed 1 - museums in the morning, out to the airport in the afternoon

That's my plan, such as it is. If anyone would like to join me for any of the above you would be very welcome.

I'm also arriving in Stockholm and will hang out during this time. Haven't gotten my hotel yet. I arrive on the 23rd around noon. I have been to Stockholm before but it's been about 10 years.

I am happy to bring any required party supplies from England. I will be travelling out on a flight with a checked bag but my flight back is hand luggage only, so I can take 23kg or so of whatever is needed.

RIGHT!

Here's my plan:

I'm flying from Manchester to Stockholm Arlanda with SAS on Wednesday 24th June, arriving at around 8pm.

I've booked myself into the Stockholm City Hostel (near the central station) for the night.

I'll be getting the con ferry on the Thursday, 25th of June at 07:00, arrival at Mariehamn 13:35 then joining you at the cabin before the start of the con.

*cough*It's also my birthday on the 25th...and it's a big one*cough*

Return journey....

I'll be getting the 4.30am ferry on Monday 29th June to get me back to Stockholm for 10am....Then i'll be taking the train (yes the train) to Copenhagen where i'll overnight at the Copenhagen Downtown hostel, before catching my flight back to Manchester on Tuesday 30th June at 8.35am.

Any company for the ferry (either way) would be welcome!

Phew.

How Big? 30? 40?

I think William is on your return ferry so you should have company in the form of a sleep deprived zombie then. I know some others are arriving on the Con ferry too.

I'm getting kinda excited for this......

I think William is on your return ferry so you should have company in the form of a sleep deprived zombie then. I know some others are arriving on the Con ferry too.

I was thinking about it since it was the only Stockholm ferry that would be in time for my flight, but instead I'm taking the 7:30am ferry to Kapellskar and then a bus to Stockholm which should get me to the airport in time and doesn't involve getting up at quite such an absurd hour, although I'll probably still feel like a sleep-deprived zombie anyway.

Alytha - have you got that email from Finnair? My flight has been pushed backon the 24th, departing Helsinki at 19:25. Going to be twiddling my thumbs in Helsinki airport for a few hours. Sigh.

Woops, sorry haven't had a look at the boards in a bit.

Nope, I haven't received anything, as far as I know...

As I already have 3 hours to kill in Helsinki, that would suck a bit... anyone know if it's worth getting from the airport to the city within that time?

Woops, sorry haven't had a look at the boards in a bit.

Nope, I haven't received anything, as far as I know...

As I already have 3 hours to kill in Helsinki, that would suck a bit... anyone know if it's worth getting from the airport to the city within that time?

That's odd. This is what the email said:

Dear customer,

Flybe Finland’s flights will be part of Finnair traffic on 1 May, 2015. Starting 1 May all Flybe Finland flight numbers change to Finnair flight numbers, and at the same time customers get Finnair’s reservation code. Flights will still be operated by Flybe Finland aircrafts and personnel.

Your Finnair reservation code: *******

You can see your Flybe reservation code from your original booking confirmation or e-ticket.

Due to the restructure some flight schedules have unfortunately changed. Please check your flight, schedule and destination information.

New flight and schedule: AY581 Helsinki - Mariehamn 24.06.2015 departure at 19:25

It wouldn't have been too bad if my Manchester-Helsinki flight have already been pushed back, but alas, I am not that lucky, so I arrive at 15:10 and now depart at 19:25.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's long enough to get out into Helsinki, so I'm probably going to be stuck in the airport.

Sam, Alytha - I am on the same flight! We can hang on the airport together ;) I am travelling with my common law partner. Also if not any good connections in Mariehamn, we can share a cab?

I would not leave the airport for Helsinki if I only have a few hours, it will take over 30 mins to travel there. If the new airport train is already running, Tikkurila could be done, but there is nothing to see there...

Archived