Queen Cersei is wrongfully maligned

A Highborn Maid

She is a kind mother who wanted her kids to live and prosper in a world without morals.

Ned Stark foolishly threatened to expose her, and she kindly offered him his life so long as he would "bend the knee". He refused.

She was nice to Sansa, shared womanly wisdom with her, and allowed her to live as a highborn maid in court, a very prestigious honour.

King Robert raped her in her sleep yet she NEVER complained. She carried the burden silently and with good grace.

She had a loving relationship with her twin. It is a heart-warming and loving thing to see.

She was kind to Tyrion some of the time. Even though their relationship turns sour, I think pre Joffrey's death, she harbored a hate/love affection for him. The fact that she dreams of him biting her tits hints that she might even be attracted to him.

She is a good mother to Tommen, provides him with much needed discipline. I think she learned her lesson from spoiling Joffrey and nourishing his sociopathy.

She is the strongest of the Lannisters - she touches the Lion in the basement of Casterly rock when Jaime is too frightened to. She walks the walk of shame with her head raised. In terms of sheer brazen strength, she outdoes even her father. She's also the most emotionally honest Lannister - she acts by her emotions and intuitions, even when they are wrong. Not always prudent, but at least deserving of respect.

She's hot.

She's an incompetent Queen Regent, but she still poses a threat and may yet redeem herself.

She feeds people to Qyburn. This isn't a good thing - but it does make me laugh.

This post has been brought to you by the following sponsors:

Wildfire! - when you absolutely, positively have to kill every lickspittle and lackwit in the room; accept no substitutes.

(Caution: Product will not turn you into a dragon. Do not consume.)

And also by

Ser Bowen Marsh presents: Bastard Begone! His brand new 100% professional pest removal service. "Be they Stone, Snow or Flowers, when we're on the scene, they'll be dead in the hour!"

(Disclaimer: clients are responsible for disposal of bodies. No refunds if target is discovered to be a warg, resurrected, the savior of all mankind, and/or not actually a bastard.)

Being serious now, most of these points are either downright false or skewered to make her look better (aka white washing.) Cersei is a vile, cruel, sexist monster and has no defense or redeeming qualities.

Meanwhile, Cersei Lannister has regained the Regency. She's sure to slay Daenaerys and her maggoty dragons any day now.

Relevance. This has none.

She's also on trial for about 38 different death penalties and is more or less under house arrest, with Tommen not even in control of the small council.

She has nothing.

Congrats on the troll thread though.

A trial by combat will settle all. She'll get out scot free and send all those traitors to Qyburn's dungeons. Just you wait and see!

She is a kind mother who wanted her kids to live and prosper in a world without morals.

Ned Stark foolishly threatened to expose her, and she kindly offered him his life so long as he would "bend the knee". He refused.

She was nice to Sansa, shared womanly wisdom with her, and allowed her to live as a highborn maid in court, a very prestigious honour.

King Robert raped her in her sleep yet she NEVER complained. She carried the burden silently and with good grace.

She had a loving relationship with her twin. It is a heart-warming and loving thing to see.

She was kind to Tyrion some of the time. Even though their relationship turns sour, I think pre Joffrey's death, she harbored a hate/love affection for him. The fact that she dreams of him biting her tits hints that she might even be attracted to him.

She is a good mother to Tommen, provides him with much needed discipline. I think she learned her lesson from spoiling Joffrey and nourishing his sociopathy.

She is the strongest of the Lannisters - she touches the Lion in the basement of Casterly rock when Jaime is too frightened to. She walks the walk of shame with her head raised. In terms of sheer brazen strength, she outdoes even her father. She's also the most emotionally honest Lannister - she acts by her emotions and

intuitions, even when they are wrong. Not always prudent, but at least deserving of respect.

She's hot.

She's an incompetent Queen Regent, but she still poses a threat and may yet redeem herself.

She feeds people to Qyburn. This isn't a good thing - but it does make me laugh.

"And I'm sure most poisoners are really nice people, once you get to know them." (Joe Abercrombie).

"And I'm sure most poisoners are really nice people, once you get to know them." (Joe Abercrombie).

In real life? Not really... the average score on the psychopathy test in prisons is 24 out of 40. Someone who has 30 is diagnozes as a psychopath. Average score for empathic people with a conscious (majority) of the general public is 0-4.

Being serious, she is only maligned with respect to her role in the Stark's downfall. Of anyone in her family, Cersei played the least part, doing little apart from being mean to Sansa. Yet she tends to get much of the responsibility, both from readers and from the characters within the story.

Archived