Queen Cersei is wrongfully maligned

A Highborn Maid

Being serious, she is only maligned with respect to her role in the Stark's downfall. If anyone in her family, Cersei played the least part, doing little apart from being mean to Sansa. Yet she tends to get much of the responsibility, both from readers and from the characters within the story.

True. She is so spiteful that makes it easy to be fine when anything is pinned on her. Like the murder of Jon Arryn.

It's the bias thing that is gong on: once a character is put in the evil drawer, it doesn't really matter what crimes they have actually committed or not.

True. She is so spiteful that makes it easy to be fine when anything is pinned on her. Like the murder of Jon Arryn.

It's the bias thing that is gong on: once a character is put in the evil drawer, it doesn't really matter what crimes they have actually committed or not.

Well, it is not as if she is innocent. her and her father have enough blood on their hands to turn the blackwater red. Perhaps some (like myself) might dial her evil up to 11 but even being objective she's a 10. At that point, bias really doesn't matter.

She is a kind mother who wanted her kids to live and prosper in a world without morals.

Ned Stark foolishly threatened to expose her, and she kindly offered him his life so long as he would "bend the knee". He refused.

She was nice to Sansa, shared womanly wisdom with her, and allowed her to live as a highborn maid in court, a very prestigious honour.

King Robert raped her in her sleep yet she NEVER complained. She carried the burden silently and with good grace.

She had a loving relationship with her twin. It is a heart-warming and loving thing to see.

She was kind to Tyrion some of the time. Even though their relationship turns sour, I think pre Joffrey's death, she harbored a hate/love affection for him. The fact that she dreams of him biting her tits hints that she might even be attracted to him.

She is a good mother to Tommen, provides him with much needed discipline. I think she learned her lesson from spoiling Joffrey and nourishing his sociopathy.

She is the strongest of the Lannisters - she touches the Lion in the basement of Casterly rock when Jaime is too frightened to. She walks the walk of shame with her head raised. In terms of sheer brazen strength, she outdoes even her father. She's also the most emotionally honest Lannister - she acts by her emotions and intuitions, even when they are wrong. Not always prudent, but at least deserving of respect.

She's hot.

She's an incompetent Queen Regent, but she still poses a threat and may yet redeem herself.

She feeds people to Qyburn. This isn't a good thing - but it does make me laugh.

She bullies Tommen.

He did make a false confession, and he was still executed. Ned exposing her wasn't foolish, but necessary.

She allowed Joffrey to abuse Sansa, and told her that if KL she would have Illyn take her head just so her family would take no joy in her fall.

She raped Taena, and thought the septas who were raped were probably praying for a good raping.

That relationship is the cause of her messes.

She was emotionally and verbally abusive towards Tyrion his whole life. The dream likely points not to him, but her as she is tortured the same way the Blue Bard is.

She bullies him, and punishes when he finally does assert himself. She didn't learn from Joffrey, but still thinks he would have been the better king.

I would say Tyrion and Jaime are stronger as Jaime kills his king to save KL and keeps the reasons for it a secret given he is sworn to keep the king's secrets even when he is universally regarded as the "Kingslayer." Tyrion risked battle in the BoBW, and saved his kidnappers and abusers, Jorah and Cat.

She poses a threat to her house more than her enemies, or why else would Varys want her to regain the Regency?

It shows how morally bankrupt she is.

The SC have the power of naming regent.

She can steal a march on them, especially if she thinks her son and her own life is in danger with the Tyrells staging a bloody coup.

white washing Tywin is one thing as he at least had a few decent things there and there even if they were only concessions made in name of the name lannister.

But Cersei? That's just wrong. She's just a bad seed. Only interested in Cersei and her alone.

Funny fact: If she had made the slightest effort to love or even respect Tyrion, he would be her unwavering ally just like he always loved Jaime. He would have given so many things for her and her children. Now he's gonna be her downfall

I know about the promise, Maester theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the conquest oaths were sworn and promises made on that for-chan comments section where we were discussing A Serbian Film, and Cannibal Holocaust ,And the Human Centipede films. When we were sore beset and friendless and banned from all other forums by the mods the flayed man's fandom took us in and befriended us and cracked politically incorrect jokes with us. And we promised we would be their men. The Bastard's Boys !

Lol, Cersei is an absolute idiot and a terrible person. Joffery could do no wrong in her eyes and her 'caring' for her children is often in relation to her extension of power through them, or how their treatment is similar to her treatment. She is quite honestly one of the worst people in the entire series.

Being serious, she is only maligned with respect to her role in the Stark's downfall. Of anyone in her family, Cersei played the least part, doing little apart from being mean to Sansa. Yet she tends to get much of the responsibility, both from readers and from the characters within the story.

I agree though her giggling at the thought that Sansa would be raped and Margeary being violated by the Septas don't endure the heinous monster to me.

She has the biggest role in causing TWot5Ks and I do blame her for Ned dying. She didn't have to have him humiliated and confess in public all of that could have been avoided and done in private where Joffery would send him to the Wall but she wanted to humiliate and show her power and Ned died so she gets the blame for not controlling her inbreed, monstrous, sadistic spawn.

What's with the recent threads? It's like the week of the Lannister Whitewashing and nobody told me? Should I wear scarlet and gold or something?

Because first, Robb and cat are idiots, Ned is a terrible father, the Starks (the fucking heroes of the books) are "whitewashed" and now, Cersei is the best Queen Westeros could hope for?

REALLY??

This post has been brought to you by the following sponsors:

Wildfire! - when you absolutely, positively have to kill every lickspittle and lackwit in the room; accept no substitutes.

(Caution: Product will not turn you into a dragon. Do not consume.)

And also by

Ser Bowen Marsh presents: Bastard Begone! His brand new 100% professional pest removal service. "Be they Stone, Snow or Flowers, when we're on the scene, they'll be dead in the hour!"

(Disclaimer: clients are responsible for disposal of bodies. No refunds if target is discovered to be a warg, resurrected, the savior of all mankind, and/or not actually a bastard.)

Give that man a cookie http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140306133505/mlp/images/f/fb/Give_That_Man_A_Cookie_meme.jpg

Archived