R+L=J v. 107

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Bloodraven and Bittersteel were most likely born in the Red Keep, considering that they were fathered and most likely born while their respective mothers were mistresses of the king, and thus lived at court.

This could suggest that bastard name has nothing to do with the place of birth, but with the origin of parents and (perhaps to a lesser degree) with the place where the bastards lived later.

Edric Storm was most certainly born in the Reach, and was named 'Storm' because King Robert acknowledged him early on, and he then later lived in the Stormlands. It would be not surprising that many bastards only 'earn' their bastard name later in life when their noble father shows up and acknowledges them as their own.

Great news for me today :) my gorgeous sister in law has brought me a prezzie from San Diego comic con .an unopened boxed drogon statue there is only 2000 of them and i now have it in pristine condition safely in the back of my wardrobe in the United Kingdom :) it is now residing next to my signed copy of AGOT that i havent even opened other than to peep at the signature and my other ASOIAF books that are from America :) the ones i read are my well thumbed UK Editions !!!

Great news for me today :) my gorgeous sister in law has brought me a prezzie from San Diego comic con .an unopened boxed drogon statue there is only 2000 of them and i now have it in pristine condition safely in the back of my wardrobe in the United Kingdom :) it is now residing next to my signed copy of AGOT that i havent even opened other than to peep at the signature and my other ASOIAF books that are from America :) the ones i read are my well thumbed UK Editions !!!

Its an interpretation of "Lilith."

As for your collection, guard it with your life.

My husband many years ago decided to eliminate "Guardians of the Galaxy" from his comic book collection. :(

And now......

At least they have a realistic~looking Vlad.

Ok i just saw the movie (yes just because of the targaryen armor, don't judge !) which was pretty lame but at least luke Evans hotness kind of made up for it but the asoiaf/GoT geeekyness in me was set in overdrive when i saw that dracula-older-Jon's son was... Rickon ! No kidding ! AND The vampire/démon who turns dracula is tywin !! What's up with this movie ?!

I like it :D

How about those O's???!!!

I loved that picture and thought it really might be a foreshadowing. :laugh:

If I get my Hebrew mythology right, she defied Adam and would not submit, so she was banished and became a demon.

Nymeria, Aryas spirit animal will not allow any other wolf to mate with her unless, and I speculate she chooses him, so........ B)

As for the Orioles, they are about the only non-stressful thing in my life right now, lol.

So lets go O's!!!!

Ok i just saw the movie (yes just because of the targaryen armor, don't judge !) which was pretty lame but at least luke Evans hotness kind of made up for it but the asoiaf/GoT geeekyness in me was set in overdrive when i saw that dracula-older-Jon's son was... Rickon ! No kidding ! AND The vampire/démon who turns dracula is tywin !! What's up with this movie ?!

I never judge. :D

GRRM is far too wiley for that.

But, I wouldn't say you are too far from the mark. The skin-changer traits are reminiscient of the old classics and the culture, (New Mexico), that surround him such as the "Wolf Man" classics as well as the Native American traditions, and as the ultimate fanboy, I think those are influencers.

As for "Rickon," probably a good idea all the actors line up separate gigs beyond GOT.

It's okay. I want to see it now for the armor as well and just tell myself it's Jon wearing Rhaegar's armor and he's fighting wights. (also...Like Evans)

Of course with "Dune" in mind, I have often wondered if there isn't the same statement in this work on "the balance" and environment where the Others, and the return of the Dragons/Direwolves aren't a harbinger of their universe being out of sync?

The following video kind of addresses what happened in that world when the that balance was lost and replaced with something that wasn't natural. In this case, a desert planet terraformed and modified with a grassland environment.

(of course the only one that could restore that balance is the being that has both elements).
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0958DrBQuuQ

In the end, Paul tried to destroy what he created in order to turn everything back to its normal course, whereas his son blended both worlds because he was a part of both worlds.

I was just rereading GoT again and I stumbled on something Ned said: "A boy with a bastards name you know what they will say of him. He will be shunned." It's strange that Ned refers to Jon as a boy with a bastard name and not just a bastard. IMO it's another hint that Jon is the true born son of R&L.

I was just rereading GoT again and I stumbled on something Ned said: "A boy with a bastards name you know what they will say of him. He will be shunned." It's strange that Ned refers to Jon as a boy with a bastard name and not just a bastard. IMO it's another hint that Jon is the true born son of R&L.

From Catelyn II. Nice catch!

Make me a baby, Petyr,” she screamed, “make me another sweet little baby. Oh, Petyr, my precious, my precious, PEEEEEETYR!”

“Truly? Oh, Alayne, Alayne, my fair maid, give me the gift of your innocence. You will thank the gods you did. I’ll have you singing louder than the Lady Lysa.”

Considering these two quotes, the song of ice and fire becomes exactly equal to the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar.

BTW, before their marriage, three songs were mentioned:

Torches were lit as dusk crept in. Lysa’s singer played “The Vow Unspoken” and “Seasons of My Love” and “Two Hearts That Beat as One.”

Note that the dusk crept in like the darkness gathers. Torches were lit to drive that darkness away and Jon is another torch (Lightbringer) lit by Lyanna and Rhaegar to drive the darkness away.

The names of the songs are also interesting. The Vow Unspoken? Promise? R+L=J? Seasons of My Love? False Spring? Long summer? Even longer winter?

That is a nice catch!

I was already at about a 98-99% confidence level that Jon is the legitimate child of Rhaegar and Lyanna (i.e., R&L were married in some manner), but this quote just adds more evidence to the already sizable pile. Thanks for sharing this catch.

I was already at about a 98-99% confidence level that Jon is the legitimate child of Rhaegar and Lyanna (i.e., R&L were married in some manner), but this quote just adds more evidence to the already sizable pile. Thanks for sharing this catch.

My pleasure

It is interesting watching GRRM turn Jamie Lannister (who was presented as the a vile, disgusting character in AGOTs) into Westeros's finest example of honor...

Similarly, GRRM is about to take Jon Snow (who was presented as innocent, honorable, with a strict moral code in AGOTs) and turning him into a dark, powerful, misunderstood bad-guy...

--

I would turn into a bad-guy too if I lost my body & then while separated from my body, someone else took my body & went on to use my name, identity & secret heritage as a means of successfully gaining power.

Archived