NFL Week 4-5: At the end of the first quarter...

Trebla

Jaime, I have no problem counting the Vikings amonst the best teams never to win the Super Bowl, but it seems a little rich to blame it all on a missed field goal (as it seemed like you were doing). They played much worse that game than they had in the regular season.

I had no skin in that game at all and I'm still pissed at those losers too. And their Christian Athlete of the Year or whatever DB who got busted trolling for hookers like the night before the game.

Eugene Robinson.

Jaime, I have no problem counting the Vikings amonst the best teams never to win the Super Bowl, but it seems a little rich to blame it all on a missed field goal (as it seemed like you were doing). They played much worse that game than they had in the regular season.

I mentioned the FG because it was such a perfect encapsulation of that season for them. Like his team, Gary Anderson was unstoppable until that moment. My core point (which has gotten lost a bit in this digression) is comparing that game to the 2007 Superbowl. Matchup difficulties aside for each team, I absolutely believe the Patriots and the Vikings win their respective games 8 or 9 times out of 10.

And if Randy Moss has a Superbowl or two, which he easily could have had things broken differently, we'd think about his career differently.

EXACTLY, Darren Sharper should be getting his balls licked by every female NO groupie he desires.....which is why im wondering why he would resort to rape. That NO defense was awesome at forcing turnovers, Favre and MAnning getting picked off as no accident.

Yeah, it was no accident. A least two times they were obvious penalties that were never called.

It was a game that was hard to watch because it played like a prison game.

Randy Moss is the second best receiver to play the game. He doesn't come close to Jerry Rice - no one does. And Megatron might get there eventually. But Moss was absolutely dominant at his best, far more so than almost anyone else.

That he didn't give it all when sitting in hell for two seasons doesn't change that. One of his failings was his work ethic. That doesn't diminish who he was. A superbowl or two doesn't matter to me in the slightest (and it really shouldn't matter to anyone, anyway). He was always a terrifying prospect to go against.

There was no man like Bo. There was only Bo.

You don't know Bo.

You know I actually think in terms of pure athleticism Michael Vick carries that banner for the QB position. Pre-injury RGIII would've been smoked in the 40 by in-his-prime Ron Mexico.

Ah, Ron Mexico... A gentleman if there ever was one.

Yeah, jerry rice is pretty untouchable so let's stop mentioning him ...

To be honest if this is the lazy career of one randy moss ... I wish more players were lazy like him. I'd vote him for first ballot but the wide out line is stacked.

So how long do you think the ugly chickens in seattle can hold this defence together ? I'm guessing it's gonna crumble pretty soon (a few years. )

One of his failings was his work ethic. That doesn't diminish who he was.

Sure as hell diminished what he could've been. As you said, far and away the most talented reciever to ever have played the game, yet he isn't the best. Or even really all that close to the best.

Fun as hell to watch when he gave a crap though. I'll give him that.

Sure as hell diminished what he could've been. As you said, far and away the most talented reciever to ever have played the game, yet he isn't the best. Or even really all that close to the best.

Fun as hell to watch when he gave a crap though. I'll give him that.

Really...

#3 all time in yards behind Rice and TO

#2 all time in TD receptions behind Rice

#10 all time in catches

That is pretty close to the best in my book

So how long do you think the ugly chickens in seattle can hold this defence together ? I'm guessing it's gonna crumble pretty soon (a few years. )

Whenever Wilson's rookie contract is up. They're in like the Patriots 2001-2004 phase with a young, hypertalented QB and an all world defense. But once that QB finally gets paid what he's worth it crowds out what you can spend to keep the defense elite.

But then a few years later, they'll reload with an aging Megatron and go undefeated during the regular season...

Whenever Wilson's rookie contract is up. They're in like the Patriots 2001-2004 phase with a young, hypertalented QB and an all world defense. But once that QB finally gets paid what he's worth it crowds out what you can spend to keep the defense elite.

But then a few years later, they'll reload with an aging Megatron and go undefeated during the regular season...

Seems likely, and to be honest I don't really believe in a defence built on the secondary , the key to that is the safeties and in this league they are not really spotlighted (unless you're ed reed good or you have a deal with a dandruff shampoo. ) I'm thinking carol is gonna think he can get equal value from a cheaper safety and let one of those too slip and then it all fucks up because sherman is no longer magical.

I think a defence should be built around great line backers . The best defences I can think of were , the 2000s ravens around lewis , the 2000s bucks around brooks , the bears in the 80s had one of the best linebackers ever .

You cannot get equal value to earl Thomas. He is the bedrock of that entire defense. I don't think that Carroll thinks differently either. That's how his defenses in USC were built too.

Defenses have changed since the ravens and bucs - but note that the 85 bears 46 zone was built around their safety - that's why it was called 46. Really, though, linebackers are not nearly as crucial as they used to be because simply the base defense has shifted to a nickel.

Yeah, I just have this scenario in my head where caroll joins the dark side and goes Bill belichick on us ... you know where that goes .

Yeah, I know I played safety and wide out for a bit when I was in the states one summer.

It's definitely a passing league so the focus has shifted from the linebacker position.

OH MY GOD, PHILLIP, I'M SORRY! I'M SO DAMN SORRY!

I'm sorry for calling you a smelly Cowboy. And for telling you that you have exactly zero friends! And for accusing you of being the bum outside of my apartment who's completely open about wanting my change for booze!

I just saw a highlight of 'Inside the NFL', and you're right... Phil Simms makes me want to eat glass.

Feel like I should mention if you ever wanted to see Andrew Luck, Alfred Morris, AJ Green, Matt Forte and (a possibly on ecstasy) Wes Welker act, you should check this out.

Yes, Andrew Luck is just like you imagine. And is now best friends with Alfred Morris.

I listen a lot to Alfred Williams (LB on those title winning Bronco teams) on the radio and I can tell you he and his teammates wanted no part of the '98 Vikings. When the Falcons won, they were all giddy.

HOW? I like Williams quite a bit but I absolutely can not listen to the show as long as that stooge rock DJ talks over him and controls the show.

OH MY GOD, PHILLIP, I'M SORRY! I'M SO DAMN SORRY!

I'm sorry for calling you a smelly Cowboy. And for telling you that you have exactly zero friends! And for accusing you of being the bum outside of my apartment who's completely open about wanting my change for booze!

I just saw a highlight of 'Inside the NFL', and you're right... Phil Simms makes me want to eat glass.

The only thing about this post that is true is that I may have been asking for change for booze outside of your window, and Phil Simms sucks.

The only thing about this post that is true is that I may have been asking for change for booze outside of your window, and Phil Simms sucks.

Normally I don't pay attention to avatars, but I absolutely picture jewbacca typing all of your posts :bowdown:

Archived