NFL Week 4-5: At the end of the first quarter...

Trebla

This is really sad. I've been rooting for the bengals since they did the stills thing. This does nothing to dispel the notion that Marvin Lewis wilts under pressure. Ugly game from them so far.

This is really sad. I've been rooting for the bengals since they did the stills thing. This does nothing to dispel the notion that Marvin Lewis wilts under pressure. Ugly game from them so far.

This has nothing to do with Lewis. Nothing. Players need to hold onto the ball. Players need to catch perfectly thrown passes. Players need to throw passes to open players. Players need to stop the run. This isn't Lewis. This is all on the players. I will not hear shit talking about Lewis on the one game the players forgot how to play.

It's nice to see one's rival team thumped. It's is slightly less-sweet that it was the Pats doing the thumping...and watching/knowing that Cincy is WAY better than this game. They failed in every aspect of the match - stopping the run or the pass, moving the ball, special teams...everyone on the team laid a collective egg and allowed the Pats to drop a tremendous Cincinnati Steamer on their chests. Ugly match for the Stripe-ed Kitties.

That said...watched a little bit of the Pittsburgh - Jacksonville match and was not impressed by my squad. The AFC Central still belongs to the Hobbeses and even if the Steelers somehow stumble into the playoffs (damn unlikely), they will get handily dispatched unless they learn how to do...everything better. As much as I like that Rapeburger gets pummeled, it is not conducive to Overall Victory.

What is the AFC Central, and who are the Hobbeses?

my bad, North. I have been watching too much baseball. :) and Hobbes is the tiger from Calvin and Hobbes.

ETA: Cam Newton has wisdom teeth out

"It's been kind of kicking me in the nuts with the hurting, but it'll be all right," the two-time Pro Bowler said.

I've had my wisdom teeth out...it's not that bad. Is Newton just a wuss? :D

This has nothing to do with Lewis. Nothing. Players need to hold onto the ball. Players need to catch perfectly thrown passes. Players need to throw passes to open players. Players need to stop the run. This isn't Lewis. This is all on the players. I will not hear shit talking about Lewis on the one game the players forgot how to play.

sorry; I'm not implying that it's his fault. I'm saying that will be the narrative tomorrow. I think it was a combination of injuries and sloppy play, though I don't think Lewis did any favors.

I'm a huge wuss, and I don't remember it being that bad either. But I have a cousin who literally cried from the pain, and he was a combat medic in Iraq. :dunno:

I'm guessing it really depends on the skill of the dentist. I went to an endodonist to get mine done and had almost no issues with pain. My brother just had his regular dentist do it, and he was a mess for a good couple of weeks.

I'm a huge wuss, and I don't remember it being that bad either. But I have a cousin who literally cried from the pain, and he was a combat medic in Iraq. :dunno:

My sockets got infected after my wisdom teeth came out. I ate no solid food for two weeks. I was a wreck.

My wisdom teeth were a nightmare. I'm one of those odd blokes who can do dentistry without the shot, and once had an infected knee-cap operated on/scraped (infection had gotten into bone...short version, baseball, lead off hitter, playoffs) without any pain killer (had eaten when kinda passed out at work + infected knee won't take local...but leg was at risk, so away they went) for an hour an a half. Pain goes places you think it can't go, then pushes through and hits new levels, keeps on going. Ended up dating the intern, but long story short, pain doesn't usually bother me much.)

But holy fuck. Well, all 4 were impacted and had to be cut along the gums, and apparently I have unusually deep roots. Bled so much they scrapped the sedative because they worried I'd choke, and I as is I swallowed so much blood I still feel a bit sick thinking of the taste, and it spilled out of my mouth onto the cab seat (driver not amused) as I leaned to get in. Dentist called me from his home at 10 PM and again and 7 AM because he was worried. My gf at the time said she heard the sound of them being ripped out in the waiting room, and the dentist came out looking shaken. All I remember is the feeling of incredible force, like the guy was wrestling with an alligator instead of my head.

Archived