Best POV From Each Book

SuperMario

A Game of Thrones: Daenerys Targaryen

A Clash of Kings: Catelyn Tully

A Storm of Swords: Jaime Lannister

A Feast for Crows: Cersei Lannister*

A Dance With Dragons: Theon Greyjoy

* Best overall

I disqualified point-of-view characters that did not have at least four chapters in any given book. On a per chapter basis though, Asha Greyjoy and Arianne Martell would rank very highly, and Melisandre even more so.

AGOT: Ned, no contest.

ACOK: Sansa? Maybe.

ASOS: God... um... Tyrion. Purple Wedding, Oberyn.. yeah, Tyrion.

AFFC: Arianne's two chapters have the "best value for money" I guess you can say, but Cersei's are brilliant. And so are Jaime's. And Arya.... I'll say Arianne.

ADWD: Theon's are the best written as a whole, Jon's are the most enjoyable. And Honourable Mention to the other Jon.

AGOT: Ned (Ned totally dominates this book, honestly; if you like it, it's hard not to name him), runner-up Daenerys.

ACOK: Tyrion (not quite as dominant as Ned in the previous one, but the high point), runner-up Arya.

ASOS: Sansa (with the exception of Sansa II, this is just a string of great setpieces), runner-up Jon.

AFFC: Cersei (brilliant black comedy), runner-up Sansa.

ADWD: Theon (overly grim in places, but clearly the best in the book), runner-up Jon.

AFFC: Arianne's two chapters have the "best value for money" I guess you can say, but Cersei's are brilliant. And so are Jaime's. And Arya.... I'll say Arianne.

I think it happens to you what happened to me with JonCon. They aren't the 'best' characters, and they aren't definitely the 'best' chapters, but there is something about them there that makes you say "wow, this is a character I like and I am going to cheer for".

ETA: Jon is the OtherJon :P

I think it happens to you what happened to me with JonCon. They aren't the 'best' characters, and they aren't definitely the 'best' chapters, but there is something about them there that makes you say "wow, this is a character I like and I am going to cheer for".

ETA: Jon is the OtherJon :P

That's not exactly what I meant, although your point is also a good one.

Cersei has ten chapters in A Feast for Crows, Arianne has two. All of Cersei's chapters together are awesomer than the two Arianne chapters, but those two Arianne chapters are better than any two Cersei chapters.

If that makes sense.

AGOT - 1. Ned, 2. Dany 3. everyone else is pretty close so I can't pick

ACOK - 1. Arya, 2. Tyrion, 3. Catelyn/Davos/Sansa

ASOS - 1. Sansa, 2. Arya, 3. Jaime/Catelyn/Jon

AFFC - 1. Sansa, 2. Cersei/Jaime/Brienne (haters gonna hate)

ADWD - 1. Theon, 2. Bran, 3. Jon (not counting people from AFFC who only have 1-2 chapters, i.e. Cersei)

Archived